The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 108 of 224 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Reproduction View Post
    Ever watched Animal Planet? There are programs out there where they follow animal control officers. And, most police stations have daily "blotters" that state EVERYTHING! There is no privacy, implied or otherwise. Everything is pretty much a matter of public record. Moral of the story? Behave yourself 'cause it might just get posted somewhere on the internet !
    This may be true - but it is still a bit different than an officer coming on a BB and giving info on a case.....

In the case of Animal Planet it is edited I would imagine, and in the case of the police blotter there is probably an official that gets to decide what is written.

not saying that the person is not who they say - just find it really odd.

2 members found this post helpful.

To be quite honest I'd a) be a lot more concerned with the elderly humans involved there than any of the horses and b) a lot more concerned about the feeding situation than about them having no shelters. They seem to be lacking a great deal of other things more than a shelter and while I agree there must be a dry place to lay down they'd be a lot better off with proper food and water and no shelter than the other way around and from all I can see on the pictures there isn't enough food around for one single horse and if she has no $$ things are just bound to go downhill???

1 members found this post helpful.

The elderly humans were removed months ago which spawned this thread.

I am sure that hoof justice is just posting here to try to get JB to take proper care of the horses since this is a way to communicate with her.

From what I have seen in my state, it has to get horrific before there is a case or horses are confiscated.

She currently has 69 ads on Warmbloods-for-sale!

Also just looked and according to her website, she has 33 mares in foal for this coming year! I'm curious as whether people are still buying horses from her.

I am hoping those are some of her imaginary breedings... Anyone who puts 33 mares in foal before putting up shelter for their horses is deplorable. I mean come on, not even a tree and she is okay with that? I have no words.

4 members found this post helpful.

i will remind folks that we are in a very mild part of the country. out there (where JB is) it rarely gets over 80 in the summer.... it does rain... no snow. freezes once in a while.

horses live without shelters all over the place here. I have no idea if shelters are required in Marin county - but you see horses every single day with no shelter.

so while i am in no way supporting JB i am saying the shelter thing is not important in the bigger picture..... at least around here.....
    Last edited by mbm; Dec. 10, 2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: clearer

5 members found this post helpful.

Happy to learn the elderly are safe now. I missed a lot of the saga as like so many other users I too have real life things to take care of from time to time
    It is a scary thought if 33 foals are indeed expected there but I guess as long as sales go through she won't see a need to change her ways. I keep my fingers crossed that she will come to reason soon.

I really wonder if Jill has internet access as she doesn't remove scathing posts from her FB pages like she used to do. They would be gone in minutes, now they are still there for all to see weeks later.

^^^ Nice, so now she has horses boarded on the east coast - which she has not paid board / vet / farrier since July?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    I really wonder if Jill has internet access as she doesn't remove scathing posts from her FB pages like she used to do. They would be gone in minutes, now they are still there for all to see weeks later.
    She was on FB the other day "liking" things. I do think it's odd, though happy to see, that the posts on her FB pages are still up.

There are links to this thread that have been there for three months as well as a COTH poster who used to be a supporter insisting she gets paid. Still there for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    There are links to this thread that have been there for three months as well as a COTH poster who used to be a supporter insisting she gets paid. Still there for all to see.
    Right. I just think it's odd she hasn't taken them down as she obviously has some sort of web access. Happy she has not though.

I have not posted anything that you folks do not already know. Requesting shelter is not an "investigation" it's the law. I am here to help the horses. Period. if you have a problem with me posting here requesting information, then maybe you are friends with Burnell or protecting her. That is fine too. Call me, we can discuss the matter. Any confidential information I get for any investigation that concerns other matters such as civil matters are transferred to the proper authorities.

20 members found this post helpful.

HoofJustice is just asking for information, and hasnt divulged any information reguarding her ongoing case. By seeking out individuals with first hand information she is doing her best to research an uncooperative individual in a remote location. I applaud her work. The more first hand witnesses she can gather, the more chance she has for a better outcome for the horses.

Taking on a case such as this has to be a nightmare. With the cost of feed here in CA, and the logistics of what to do if you have to bring this many horses into your shelter has to be really upsetting. Once you serve an owner a notice of legal correction, then you have to enforce your actions to be credible. What is the next action you take if Jill DOESNT provide what you have requested?

And folks, I only brought up the "all stallions gelded" comment, because I thought it was interesting. Here Jill could probably sell ONE stallion and make enough to provide shelter for her horses for the winter, and instead she is going to wait, have them possibly seized, and then the shelter will be forced to geld them before they are placed in forever homes--which is the goal once a humane society is involved.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella M View Post
    And folks, I only brought up the "all stallions gelded" comment, because I thought it was interesting. Here Jill could probably sell ONE stallion and make enough to provide shelter for her horses for the winter, and instead she is going to wait, have them possibly seized, and then the shelter will be forced to geld them before they are placed in forever homes--which is the goal once a humane society is involved.
    Capone I was seized.... He was returned to a former owner and NOT gelded. I suspect if the stallions were seized, they would not geld them out of principal, provided proper approved homes could be found. That said, if they were it would be a shame because they are nice stallions, however it's not like the loss of their bloodlines would leave an unfillable hole. There are plenty of nice stallions out there that are not filling books now, and a TON of Redwine foals on the ground.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

I know of a couple stallions who were seized locally - put into local foster homes and they remain stallions....

i assume if JBs horses were taken then they would end up in the "usual" places.... many of those can and do take stallions.

and just for the record: i do not "support" JB i don't even know her. i just think its funny for a law enforcement officer to post on a public BB.

Capone was not gelded but the other Holst Stallion taken at the same time was gelded even after protests from breeders. Cantour by Cantus. I believe it really ends up being a coin flip depending on who/where they are placed there are plenty of rescues etc that are very anti breeding and would geld them in a heart beat no matter their breeding potential.

On the flip side there are worse fates then being gelding and being owned /managed by her might be one of those.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

To me, haveing lurked on this and piped in occassion, it is troublesome that so much concern is whether her very nice stallions will be gelded.

That is a moot point to me. She has WAY to many horses under her helm that she obviously not afford to care for properly.

Yes, she could sell the stallions at top dollar because of their "fans" and solve that issue almost immediately. But sadly, she's made the mistake of seeing her stallions as "cash cows" in uber production of foals -- a foal mill really.

There is no problem with me at all about producing as many foals to interested mare owners as you can. That is good biz to a good market.

But the fact that she has 69 horses for sale (per another poster's comment) and can't pay her feed bills...and living where she does, has no pasture for sufficient grazing/calories, well that's just tragic.

Who among us could support 69 horses that way for very long? Unless we are zillionaires. Clearly, she is not one if she owes a lot of people money and can't pay her feed bills.

There is no good reason to be "heady" about owning a couple of nice stallions and let the progeny suffer, unless it is only about the ego in owning them and loving the ooh-ahh, by the unsuspecting... not knowing what is going on behind closed doors. Grosses me out.

When the accolades for her stallions stop-- even on this thread that others are seeing - then maybe it will stop feeding that ego. And the "owned', potential throwaways in her barnyard can be saved and find goods homes. Just thinking.
    Last edited by sid; Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:08 AM.

3 members found this post helpful.