The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 107 of 224 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by Alternaation View Post
    Color me confused. Curiosity got this cat and I went and peeked at her page. Isn't the Laurie who's on her FB demanding money owed the very same who a few pages back said she's not spoken to Jill since Jully ?

So which is it she owes you money or you haven't spoken to her?

I would say that LaurieP hasn't talked to her since July which is why she is reduced to having to hound her on her FB page to try and get they money that they are owed.
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

1 members found this post helpful.

Oh Please, You guys are funny. I am SO not Jill... Just someone who is aware of the animal control ordinances at work in the state of California (From an agency in So Cal). Ive been following the thread but just hadnt taken the time to get a membership here until now, when it looks like things are finally getting hopeful.

Animal control does not get involved in the laws that cover civil issues, such as not paying bills or registration issues, semen lab sanitation, etc.. And while they may be able to keep the Sheriff's dept informed of other allegations, they only enforce ordinances that pertain to animals and public safety. Im sure they can look at hoarding issues, and the care of the animals. (sanitation, food, water, shelter, vet care)

No animal control agency wants to get socked with the cost of caring for that many horses during these tough financial times. I would hope they would try and contact former owners to see if they would be interested in horses IF they decided to and were able to legally seize the horses, but I guarentee, and state law pretty much ensures that NOTHING leaves without being sterilized. Any doubts? Let's see what the MHS officer says.

I hope for the sake of the horses they are seized, and restrictions are placed on Jill from owning future animals. Those poor dead foals/chicks. Everyone keep up the pressure. Hitting people like this in the pocket book is sometimes the only that leads to change.

Stella

3 members found this post helpful.

HoofJustice - this PM was sent to equinedriver on Sept 3rd - of course never got a response:

Hi equinedriver

Donna Hiscock - True Colours Farm here

I can put you in contact with both Dr Susan Wray at CFIA and Marjean McIntyre so you can all combine forces together

Let me know!

sales@truecoloursfarm.com

Thanks

Donna
    What we have evidence of can sink Jill criminally and Federally, so no need to even worry about the civil aspect of it anymore.

Please drop me an email and I will update you

Many thanks
    Last edited by TrueColours; Dec. 6, 2012 at 09:21 PM.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueColours View Post
    HoofJustice - this PM was sent to equinedriver on Sept 3rd - of course never got a response:

What we have evidence of can sink Jill criminally and Federally, so no need to even worry about the civil aspect of it anymore.

Please drop me an email and I will update you

Many thanks
    if you click on hoofjustices profile you will find her email addy - she also posted her tel number upthread. maybe you might reach out to her considering we dont know if/when she might be back?

Good point mbm - will do

And if any other Canadian importers of semen and/or animals from Jill have their original paperwork that came with their shipment, these CFIA and USDA individuals would be very interested in seeing it in order to aid in their investigation

I can give you their contact info if you would like to send it to them

Quote Originally Posted by Stella M View Post

Everyone keep up the pressure. Hitting people like this in the pocket book is sometimes the only that leads to change.
    JB's pocket book seems to be immune to any kind of pressure: arrest warrants, lawsuits, negative publicity, poor reputation, etc.

Sadly it seems that she cannot and will not change, until the authorities take her, or her horses.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Oh my god. So glad you got your mother in law out of there. Does this women need some medical attention.

Does anyone know of the whereabouts of the mare bred by jill named Date Night? I think she is a 2007. She was purchased by someone on the east coast as a yearling I believe but a few months ago I saw her listed on Jill's website as a broodmare. My friend was very fond of the mare and if needed could have a home again here. Thanks

Thank you all. I have received some very interesting phone calls/emails.
    My GOAL here is to enforce the laws regarding the care of her horses, and yes that means proper shelter. This is very crucial out there, esp. The weather has been awful and NONE of the horses have any shelter. All 4 of her stallions are in large open paddocks with no shelter, not even a tree. The mares and foals run in big open fields, no shelter. The weights look good as of now. She has begun to supplement feed and blankets on a select few. Pastures nearly eaten completely down now. I am watching closely. BUT>
    I cannot for the life of me get her call me back or email me.
    I do not intend on seizing horses right now. We would prefer she acts responsibly and cares for them properly. She has been put on a legal notice of correction.

36 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofJustice View Post
    I am doing something about it. Please contact me with any and all information regarding the Burnell matter. These horses and owner have moved into Marin County. Thank you for any information you have.
    Have you considered starting a discussion on BAEN? Lots of North Bay people there who may be able to help!
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

The weather has been awful and NONE of the horses have any shelter. All 4 of her stallions are in large open paddocks with no shelter, not even a tree. The mares and foals run in big open fields, no shelter. The weights look good as of now. She has begun to supplement feed and blankets on a select few. Pastures nearly eaten completely down now. I am watching closely.
    Geez- the north bay has had what, over 10 inches of rain this last week? Along with blowing storms? I know we got enough rain to flood our barn, enough wind to blow a shed 10 acres away. The horses have been in – and getting a full strip on their bedding daily so that have dry place to be.

I am not surprised to hear that the horses are all without any kind of shelter – natural or otherwise. That piece of property she bought (after letting her house foreclose) had no improvements what so ever.

Once the grass gets eaten down, get ready for a real mud pit.

Just remember, I called dibs on Redwine first! I don't care if he has his nuts or not and while I can't promise he will be much thinner as all my horses tend to be a bit on the portly side I will look into the possibility of IR and treat it accordingly if necessary!

. If he comes to you, let me know...my stallion Boleem suffered from IR in his older years so I can fill you in on that.

Of course, this isn't funny. But I sure hope all these horses wind up in good, caring hands.

And the sooner the better.

Thank you HoofJustice for your help and keeping us updated.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

BUT>
    I cannot for the life of me get her call me back or email me.
    First of all, THANK YOU for what you are doing. She needs to be held accountable.

However, good luck getting a return response. Unless you go knock on her door, she will ignore you. If you are interested in giving her money, either by buying a horse or stud service, you will likely get an immediate response, otherwise forget it. There have been numerous threads on this very forum by people trying to contact her going back several years.

just curious - is it normal for law enforcement to come on a public BB and give info on ongoing cases? I have never seen that before....

as for shelters - remember folks it is california... and so far we have not had any freezing weather - and that area is milder than where i am. many many horses live out here with no shelters.... (not how i would do it - but hey)

i would think the money thing is far more pressing then no shelters? (or maybe that is a requirement in Marin Co?)

4 members found this post helpful.

As much as I'd love to see legal action actually be enforced against JB, I do question have the same doubt as mbm. I don't think law enforcement or govt animal welfare agencies are likely to be discussing their case against JB online. I would want to see an official press release. Our local county government had a fit when a city employee made a personal web page sharing photos and information on a popular local park without going through the proper channels.... I think posting about an investigation on a bulletin board would be absolutely against the rules.

Not saying action doesn't need to be taken - I'm just saying that people are not necessarily what they seem.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    just curious - is it normal for law enforcement to come on a public BB and give info on ongoing cases? I have never seen that before....
    I've never seen it before either...

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    As much as I'd love to see legal action actually be enforced against JB, I do question have the same doubt as mbm. I don't think law enforcement or govt animal welfare agencies are likely to be discussing their case against JB online. I would want to see an official press release. I think posting about an investigation on a bulletin board would be absolutely against the rules.
    This.
    ~Rest in Peace Woody...1975-2008~

Ever watched Animal Planet? There are programs out there where they follow animal control officers. And, most police stations have daily "blotters" that state EVERYTHING! There is no privacy, implied or otherwise. Everything is pretty much a matter of public record. Moral of the story? Behave yourself 'cause it might just get posted somewhere on the internet !
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post

Not saying action doesn't need to be taken - I'm just saying that people are not necessarily what they seem.
    You can always email HoofJustice, or better yet call her office to verify her identity. Marin Humane Society: 415-883-4621.
    Might as well get it out in the open.
    Last edited by Mardi; Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM.
    -Amor vincit omnia-