The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 104 of 224 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 4466

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tworedponies View Post
    Thought, after making it through 51 pages of this before giving up, that many of you would find it amusing that she replied asking me if I was insane.
    Well thank goodness she's up and around.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    Not so sure it's you who is the head case tworedponies.

Is it this filly? It is the only 2012 on her site that she did not breed (that I saw). Although I am sure she will take credit for that one too. http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sal...d-2434924.html

If so, you might want to tell them to edit their ad. She is by Redwine, not out of. If they have taken her to an inspection, they may want to update that too. The Oldenburg NA tour is done for the year, so she will have to wait until next year now. Cute filly!
    Whoa - $12,000 for a weanling foal? And one that is not even DNA'd?

Is that an average price for a hunter foal, or is the price pumped up because it is (supposedly) a Redwine foal?

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post

Is that an average price for a hunter foal, or is the price pumped up because it is (supposedly) a Redwine foal?

I don't know this foal or how/why it has been priced, but 12,000 is not out of the norm for a nice Hunter foal at all.
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Yep, that's the little girl. Although mama was sold and left this week so the munchkin left as well. And I realize this is on the owner, but all but one of those photos are my friend's; except the one of her lounging around with a goofy face, which is my photo. It amazes me how many people never think of copyrights. As a business owner, you would assume Jill Burnell would make it a habit to be aware of such things, and if she receives fifteen crap ;photos and one of a higher quality, you would think she would know to check that it was okay to use it on her website.

I emailed her back and said a good compromise would be to put a (C) with my friend's name on the photo, and that most computers come equipped with a basic Paint program with a text tool... no reply. Shocker.
    Owned by a fabulous red boy and a chunky mare

Oh and forgot to add, she was going to take them to the Belgian WB inspection at the beginning of November, in GA I think.

tworedponies, not to defend Jill, as I am most assuredly not doing that, but in the past she has told me that that part of her website (For Sale By Clients) is a service she offers people who have bred to her stallions, bought babies or just friends. They have to actually ask her to do it. I have no idea if that is the case here, but she has told me that many times, and actually taken down ads of folks she is no longer "friends" with. Are you sure your friend didn't ask for this to be done? Just for clarification, not condoning/condemning, unless Jill did really lift the pictures w/o permission.

Edited to add that I see you clarified most of this while I was typing, but still wonder if your friend, in better times, asked Jill to do this and provided pictures?
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

The friend who took the photos isn't the one who owns the filly, to clarify. The use of the photos on the ad COTHalter44 posted is something I understand JB has nothing to do with, and I'll probably email the filly's owner later on. The use of the one on GFF's site initially wasn't JB's fault either, I know, but now that she knows the photographer would like credit for her photo, it would be nice if credit was given.

I feel partially at fault; the photos were taken on my camera and uploaded to my computer, so when the owner asked to see more than the copyrighted one I sent her, I emailed her a few more as rough copies, thinking she'd frame them or set them as her computer background or something. This scenario never occurred to me, but it will from now on!

Anyway. I just thought her asking me if *I* was insane was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post

I don't know....that place in MO (Rising Phoenix WB) that bought the boatload of GFF mares and offspring in July had them all for $12K ea, now all prices are dropped to $8500 or so.

She has her priced high because she doesn't actually know if she wants to sell lol. I mean, look at that face! She is also quite a character.

Prior to the last year or so, Jill and many others, us included, easily got that for Redwine foals. The entire young horse market is down now, so doubt she will get that now, unless someone with lots of money REALLY falls in love with her!
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by alliekat View Post
    I don't know this foal or how/why it has been priced, but 12,000 is not out of the norm for a nice Hunter foal at all.
    I thought the price was high. There are better bred babies at well known (and respected) breeding farms that are less expensive.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    I thought the price was high. There are better bred babies at well known (and respected) breeding farms that are less expensive.
    Very well could be for this foal, but a well bred, nicely put together Hunterbred foal can easily bring that price and more. I wasn't actually commenting on this foal, as I didn't even look at her.
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by alliekat View Post
    Very well could be for this foal, but a well bred, nicely put together Hunterbred foal can easily bring that price and more. I wasn't actually commenting on this foal, as I didn't even look at her.
    Not looked either but I will opine that there are SOME buyers for "hunter bred" (still a wide open question in my opinion) foals IF buyer is inclined to show or hopes to show "on the line". I know I get flamed every time I say this but I do not think there are that many foal buyers of "hunter prospects" ....they go with trainer or trainer goes IN GENERAL to Europe for those.

HB is an entity unto itself and some breeders have figured out not only formulas for "pretty type" but also have created massive marketing machines, low stud fees, etc. kudos! But after awhile? A market flood? More of "those babies" seen? Soooo, one can SEE that while "some" of stallion x offspring are good to great...quite a few "not" so great....Just as in dressage thread not long ago on COTH, "pretty" and using the "dujour" stallions may NOT lead to a top performance partner (if that your goal)

I can only hope that ANY current or future breeders REALLY work at looking, researching and studying the MARES that produce the really good! Ask around. you may not want to know, but there is plenty of accumulated knowledge re: who throws club feet, babies need stripping often, straight pasterns, hard temperaments, etc etc AND know which of their mares matched best with certain stallions!

Just as it has taken so long for a collective outcryrethe operations of this breeder? There is a lot more info re other stallions (not business practices!) that only will get shared offline, in whispers, one on one.
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

And I will tell you again, you are just plain wrong. I AM IN THE BUSINESS, for cripes sake, and the owners of the youngsters we get in, sometimes as many as 10 a year, NEVER buy just to "show on the line!!!" They buy either to bring along for themselves, or as an investment. I don't know where you keep getting this idea, but I know of no one who does this!! Trying to breed pretty/correct in addition to talent/ability is NOT the same as breeding just to show in hand.

We really have no interest in spending our hard labor on horses whose owners only want to show on the line. Sometimes that is how it works out, as we don't get to keep them long enough to bring them along, but it is NEVER the end game.
    Laurie

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Laurie! Won't engage ..if you want to pm me fine ...you are too embedded to be objective! Bought into GFF ...period! You should not be Part of this discussion! You and Junior are NOT breeders. I respect what you do but you make money off the whole "HB" world. I won't indulge in what many comment privately ..again feel free to pm me if so inclined!
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

You don't know what you are talking about, anything about our business or the goals of our clients. So don't presume to tell me who we are invested in, or how we make our living. You see one segment of what we do when you attend Warrenton. So don't go there.

And I will call you out on this ridiculous contention of yours every time you make it.
    Laurie

I don't know laurie, I think JB would like to see this feud played out. Lets not indulge her

But I know I was questioning your allegiance many moons ago...it's all OK until it interrupts your cash-flow.

Back to page 1.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    And I will tell you again, you are just plain wrong. I AM IN THE BUSINESS, for cripes sake, and the owners of the youngsters we get in, sometimes as many as 10 a year, NEVER buy just to "show on the line!!!" They buy either to bring along for themselves, or as an investment. I don't know where you keep getting this idea, but I know of no one who does this!! Trying to breed pretty/correct in addition to talent/ability is NOT the same as breeding just to show in hand.
    I rode with Mike Rowe for a some time back in the day and understand exactly what you are saying. He would get many in to "show on the line" but that was never their ending point. He did what he was paid to do. Most want them to win on the line and then in performance. He did breed with both in mind (at that time I have no idea what he is doing now.)

Most (I say most) are not like Western Halter. One speciality and that is it.
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Think this still deserves some life.
    Clancy 17hh chestnut Dutch WB, '99. Owned and loved since '04 and still goin'!