The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 10 of 224 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 4466
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Oct. 26, 2007
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    5,266

    Default

    I am in Northern California as well, a few notes:

    EVERY breeder *I* know has grass PASTURES for their young horses. No dirt lot little pens. It is not a way to raise a foal. I have kept my horse in grass pastures from Half Moon Bay to Morgan Hill, and they are even easier to find in the north bay… We DO have pasture in CA, not everyone keeps their (especially young!) horses in a 12 x 24 pen.

    Every responsible horse owner I know provides SHELTER for their horses. Yes, CA does not have huge extremes, but Petaluma has many days in the upper 90’s, you need to provide some shade. And in the winter, it gets WET and windy. Again, horses need shelter, and even more, they need a place with good drainage, that isn’t going to end up a mud hole that most “dry lots” will.

    Sure – there are minimal standards of horse care – and then there is good horse care. They are not the same. The facility which Jill has been using for breeding does not meet the “good” criteria. Just love how she is feeding grain on that sandy looking soil (something to be aware of here in CA!). If your horse was at Jills – check for sand, hate to have one get sand colic.

    http://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/...t=781cb62b.jpg

    My mother in law is a hoarder. Yes, it is a disease, its terrible for every one affected – but I am NOT going to give Jill a pass for Lying, Cheating and general dishonesty. This lady needs to be run out of the horse business until she gets help. Everyone needs to stop enabling her!!



  2. #182
    Join Date
    Oct. 27, 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    437

    Default

    I have no dog in this fight and have never dealt with Jill nor her farm.

    However, I did get curious about the photos posted by our newest member Eagle 74. They are the only ones ever uploaded by that new user on Photobucket and contain a date stamp of 2003.
    Proud scar wearing member of the Bold, Banned and Bitchen clique



  3. #183
    Join Date
    Oct. 26, 2007
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    5,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle74 View Post
    ? Unfortunately in Calif it's all to common for people to walk away from their homes due to the decline in property values, so Jill certainly isn't the first.
    Jill has been in a constant state of default on this property throughout the years. She just finally got foreclosed on. The following have liens against her which she has not paid:

    Feed store has a judgment
    Attorney has a judgment
    Veterinarian has a judgment
    Trainer has a judgment

    Jill is not a normal, choose to walk away foreclosure. She is up to her eyeballs in judgments and burnt bridges.

    WHY IS SHE acquiring more horses when she cannot pay off her feed store!?!?!?!?
    Stiffing the feed store, vet, and other small business hurts us all.



  4. #184
    Join Date
    Feb. 4, 2006
    Posts
    2,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time Rider View Post
    After viewing the photos you placed on photobucket, how can you state that "there is no evidence of overcrowding"? There isn't a scrap of grass or shade anywhere, the babies and dams are confined to small dirt pens. How is this not overcrowding? How is having no shelter from the elements (not even a freaking run in shed) acceptable care?

    I would never want one of my mares at Jill's "farm". Period.
    The condition of the house and the fact her parents live here is simply heinous, and I'm glad the family stepped in. With regards to the horses, I think you're being a pretty unreasonable. I suspect you wouldn't keep any horse at most farms here on the west coast if you think that all pastures have to have grass. Very few horses live on pasture out here this time of year (or even most of the year to be honest. It costs a bloody fortune to attempt to irrigate any kind of acreage). They are supplemented with hay. This is a big difference in the way horses are raised between the coasts. Looking at the photos posted there, the horses look pretty healthy to me, shiny, not underweight. There are some in some paddocks and some in others, hard to say that they're overcrowded from these shots anyway.

    Not defending her or the fact she has got to stop breeding horses so she can manage her house and pay off the people that are owed money. Not to mention I suspect the hoarding/care issues will eventually trickle down to the horses But currently, I doubt there is ANY cause for animal control or anything to come in and seize horses as some have suggested, in fact it may be unfair (maybe she will be able to sell some or something to get her house back in order? etc)...sucks all the way around...



  5. #185
    Join Date
    Apr. 14, 2001
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    16,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dilligaff2 View Post
    However, I did get curious about the photos posted by our newest member Eagle 74. They are the only ones ever uploaded by that new user on Photobucket and contain a date stamp of 2003.
    Ha! Good catch!



  6. #186
    Join Date
    Nov. 28, 2003
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle74 View Post
    Ever consider the source of the original post? The sister-in-law obviously has issues with how her in-laws have helped Jill out financially and makes no bones about it. So if conditions were so bad for the in-laws, why does the SIL wait until now to "rescue" the in-laws? They live in the same town, certainly they've been there before and seen the "horrible" conditions. Funny how the timing is so close to Jill purchasing 30+ acres and moving her facility with possible financial help from her parents thus pissing off the SIL who is upset about not getting help herself? Unfortunately in Calif it's all to common for people to walk away from their homes due to the decline in property values, so Jill certainly isn't the first. Google Tom Sullivan the Fox News financial guru who makes $5 mil a year as he did the same thing in my neighborhood of Granite Bay.

    It's unfortunate that most of you in your pretentious little circle want to make accusations with only a "claim" that these photo's are from Jill's house. I've been to the facility, I posted pictures, I will visit again in the next week or so to the new farm and take more pictures. My advice to everyone involved in the discussion is to STFU if you haven't personnally been to her house!

    Yes she has a warrant from 6 years ago, something she should definitely clear! Again, PM me if you would like me to call you, I am not Jill!
    Let's say we ignore the pictures of the house and all of the "accusations" involved with that.
    The fact still remains that Jill Burnell has outstanding warrants.
    The fact still remains that we have court documents that Jill owes people money.
    The fact still remains that Jill has a foreclosed property and yet still is finding money to purchase more mares.
    The fact remains that certain registries will not do business with her due to money owed (this is easily verified by calling those registries and inquiring on registration options for her stallions foals).
    Even if we ignore the photos (which is hard to do, considering the party that posted those photos has willingly identified themselves, publicly, with names and phone numbers. More than the Jill supporters have done.) the other facts are easy to document and speak for themselves.
    I'm tired of people that I know and respect being ripped off by this person. And I fully expect to be attacked for this post, as the last time I posted something here Jill took the time to track me down on facebook and publicly call one of my horses skinny.
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com



  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jun. 16, 2009
    Posts
    552

    Default

    The pictures you posted eagle; were not spectacular pics. Overcrowding and NO shelter for babies- which we know have a hard time regulating their bodily temps. Also, ZERO grass to be found.


    http://mckaylaisnotimpressed.tumblr.com/

    Mckayla and I are not impressed.
    Last edited by DeucesWild11; Aug. 20, 2012 at 01:23 PM.



  8. #188
    Join Date
    Mar. 11, 2012
    Location
    In a far far away place....
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle74 View Post
    Ever consider the source of the original post? The sister-in-law obviously has issues with how her in-laws have helped Jill out financially and makes no bones about it. So if conditions were so bad for the in-laws, why does the SIL wait until now to "rescue" the in-laws? They live in the same town, certainly they've been there before and seen the "horrible" conditions. Funny how the timing is so close to Jill purchasing 30+ acres and moving her facility with possible financial help from her parents thus pissing off the SIL who is upset about not getting help herself? Unfortunately in Calif it's all to common for people to walk away from their homes due to the decline in property values, so Jill certainly isn't the first. Google Tom Sullivan the Fox News financial guru who makes $5 mil a year as he did the same thing in my neighborhood of Granite Bay.

    It's unfortunate that most of you in your pretentious little circle want to make accusations with only a "claim" that these photo's are from Jill's house. I've been to the facility, I posted pictures, I will visit again in the next week or so to the new farm and take more pictures. My advice to everyone involved in the discussion is to STFU if you haven't personnally been to her house!

    Yes she has a warrant from 6 years ago, something she should definitely clear! Again, PM me if you would like me to call you, I am not Jill!
    [edit] get real! The only thing that is sad is that her husband let it get this far! But then again alot of the clutter is his bicycle stuff strewn all over. So much saddness for the parents. Unbelievable! And it is not just a "claim". Sad sad sad.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Aug. 21, 2012 at 08:54 AM.



  9. #189
    Join Date
    Feb. 8, 2004
    Location
    Rolling hills of Virginny
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    Just a reminder to c&p everything 'not-Jill' is posting. We all know that alters, house guests, and just random 'not-me' posters like to rewrite or erase history.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.



  10. #190
    Join Date
    Apr. 29, 2005
    Location
    Paris, Kentucky
    Posts
    3,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    ISR/ONA does not require any kind of parentage verification for foals presented at the dam's side.

    Aloha and Redwine are both black with chrome.

    Aloha, Redwine and Romantic Star are still on the ISR/ONA stallion roster. She only provides breeding certs for that registry and will not support any registry that does parentage verification.

    Draw your own conclusions.
    I have no dog in this fight, but I don't actually believe this to be true.

    I only use GOV or AHS for foals, and I know that ROmantic Star (and maybe one of the others?) is approved for GOV breeding because I looked at him.

    And GOV DOES require DNA of foals.
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!



  11. #191
    Join Date
    Feb. 8, 2008
    Location
    Delaware Valley
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    I think there is enough proof of wrong doings in the form of judgments and warrants and now these pictures from family members that we don't need to speculate or discuss the condition or care of the horses.
    I agree. And I completely understand why you are not going to get DNA testing on your horse. What I don't understand is why some people are making excuses for this woman. Are they in cahoots with her, woefully naive, or deliberately obtuse? I'm an attorney who work with mental health experts. I even keep a DSM-IV in my office. This woman, in my admittedly non-expert opinion, doesn't even meet the proposed DSM-V criteria for hoarding disorder. Even if she did, however, that is no excuse for what she has done. It's apples and oranges. Antisocial personality disorder, i.e., being a sociopath, is a DSM-IV disorder, and that doesn't mean sociopaths get a pass for committing murder. Nor does a pedophile (another DSM-IV disorder) get a pass for raping children. Come on, people. Sigh.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Aug. 20, 2012
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Well damn you caught me on the date stamp of my pictures! Sorry, never set up my camera but look at the mares and look at the babies and you can put 2 and 2 together to see when they were born. Nice try! Just pm me!

    http://s1168.photobucket.com/upload/...location=photo

    Wow, great catch Einstein!



  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jul. 19, 2003
    Location
    Aiken SC
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dilligaff2 View Post
    I have no dog in this fight and have never dealt with Jill nor her farm.

    However, I did get curious about the photos posted by our newest member Eagle 74. They are the only ones ever uploaded by that new user on Photobucket and contain a date stamp of 2003.
    Well, personally, I have NEVER set the date stamp on a camera...... so that doesn't mean anything. I think mine currently reads something like 2006. To much trouble. Maybe SIL is techi challenged like me and just figured out how to post photo's to the site........I still don't know how to do it. Just say'in



  14. #194
    Join Date
    Aug. 20, 2012
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Runwayz, I'm not [edit] kidding you! Why don't one of you brave, caring souls call Adult Protective Services and present your evidence! Why didn't the SIL? I had to do it on my ailing father's girlfriend and can assure you in Calif they don't hesitate to investigate and press charges in this litigation happy state. I see posts in regards to judgements and so forth without any substance. Someone did post a "bench warrant" from 6 years ago which isn't an arrest warrant. I want facts! The only facts I have are the pictures I took on my visit!
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Aug. 21, 2012 at 08:55 AM.



  15. #195
    Join Date
    Mar. 8, 2004
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    19,885

    Default

    This is a horse breeding board. I care that my fellow breeders do not get scammed and ripped off. Period. Frankly I think it is fitting she is living in filth. Self punishment for all her wrong doings is better than no punishment.



  16. #196
    Join Date
    Oct. 27, 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle74 View Post
    Well damn you caught me on the date stamp of my pictures! Sorry, never set up my camera but look at the mares and look at the babies and you can put 2 and 2 together to see when they were born. Nice try! Just pm me!

    http://s1168.photobucket.com/upload/...location=photo

    Wow, great catch Einstein!
    SMRT--that is me.

    So many alters--so little time.
    Proud scar wearing member of the Bold, Banned and Bitchen clique



  17. #197
    Join Date
    Feb. 8, 2008
    Location
    Delaware Valley
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    I'm not an expert on how horses are kept in California, so I'm not commenting on the condition of the horses even though I have my opinion. I'm agreeing with Laurierace that it doesn't matter how the horses are kept because there are enough other reasons to steer clear of this woman. And I'm saying that people should be held accountable for their actions regardless of whether they have a mental disorder.

    A bench warrant is an arrest warrant issued by a judge.



  18. #198
    Join Date
    Nov. 28, 2003
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle74 View Post
    Runwayz, I'm not [edit] kidding you! Why don't one of you brave, caring souls call Adult Protective Services and present your evidence! Why didn't the SIL? I had to do it on my ailing father's girlfriend and can assure you in Calif they don't hesitate to investigate and press charges in this litigation happy state. I see posts in regards to judgements and so forth without any substance. Someone did post a "bench warrant" from 6 years ago which isn't an arrest warrant. I want facts! The only facts I have are the pictures I took on my visit!
    Whoa! Touchy much...

    A quick google search turns up a ton of info.
    How about this one : http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/userfi...MyHorsePRO.pdf
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Aug. 21, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com



  19. #199
    Join Date
    Apr. 9, 2012
    Location
    NYC=center of the universe
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    This is just sad on so many levels. She is clearly ill. I feel especially bad for all the animals and people affected by this, including and especially her family. I hope her horses get moved to better homes.
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!



  20. #200
    Join Date
    Oct. 26, 2007
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    5,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle74 View Post
    I see posts in regards to judgements and so forth without any substance.
    Sonoma County - Check the Grantor Grantee Index. It lists open judgments against Jill. Also shows the long history of defaults on her property (starting WELL before the economic collapse).

    www.sonoma-county.org/deeds/

    “ABST JUDGMNT” means “abstract of judgment” you will find the following Grantees (person or business owed) listed there:

    Rivertown Feed & Pet Country Store
    Myron Hinrichs (a veterinarian)
    Turner Reynolds Greco & O’Hara (attorneys)
    Household Financial corp.

    It is known that John French has a judgment against her, that might have been filed in another county. These are the open issues in ONLY Sonoma county. She has legal troubles in other states as well.

    Oh, and on the grantor grantee you will see that her first notice of default on the property was back in Feb. 2004.



Similar Threads

  1. Jill Burnell Gray Fox Farms - FACTS THREAD
    By ldaziens in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 263
    Last Post: Aug. 20, 2014, 09:56 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jan. 20, 2013, 11:41 AM
  3. Marketing/Business Plans for the Equine related business?
    By two sticks in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jun. 13, 2012, 04:44 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun. 12, 2012, 06:03 PM
  5. They bred Jill??????????
    By equinedriver in forum Eventing
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Aug. 24, 2011, 11:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness