The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 219 of 224 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 4466

Wuh? I don't understand what you are saying. Who did I "defame"? I was only supporting what Leg Up is all about. Am I missing something?

Can you explain?

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    Wuh? I don't understand what you are saying. Who did I "defame"? I was only supporting what Leg Up is all about. Am I missing something?

Can you explain?
    Don't bother with her sid. Said poster only bothered to make an appearance on this thread when it was convenient to weave a colorful story questioning "Leg Ups" motives. Its funny she said the "Krazee" on the thread was unbelievable . Pot meet kettle !!

Quote Originally Posted by currycomb321 View Post
    Lawyers for these agencies frequently do things probono or at significant discount. Can't comment on the judge.

If the MCHS wants to release the information that it has cost them over 10k in 4? days, they should probably give people a breakdown so they know where their donations are going. Or they should stop making comments to people on the interwebs who are not involved in the rescue/monitoring of these horses. And who stand to benefit as well.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

2 members found this post helpful.

oh yeah, I'm the krazee on this thread! LOL

If a fact walked up to you, smacked you across the face, and called you it's bitch, you still wouldn't recognize it. Other than a few people trying to bring actual fact into this ridiculous conversation, it's a yard sale. But a hilarious one which is why I came back to read.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    Don't bother with her sid. Said poster only bothered to make an appearance on this thread when it was convenient to weave a colorful story questioning "Leg Ups" motives. Its funny she said the "Krazee" on the thread was unbelievable . Pot meet kettle !!

Dang, check that quote of mine out! Who knew I was so prescient! Go me.

1 members found this post helpful.

Very disturbing everyone..... There are 3 mares who were also seized does anyone remember that??? You are going to go after the Humane Society and Leg Up? Really??

12 members found this post helpful.

In addition to the above if you look at ratemyhorsepro.com where all the court documents are, you will see that JB requested "HER" horses be returned ( the first 2 seized RS and a mare) which was denied by the judge. The worst part is JB has done nothing to request the return of the other 2 mares, NICE...... Then they have a person on the other side of the country they use to try and get RS back. What about the mare??? I sure hope RS horse has a new owner waiting for him, I opt to think that the new owner has fallen victim to JB like everyone else. None of this makes sense...

6 members found this post helpful.

I guess next time there is another situation (and there will be), some people will just be happy to sit back and watch and nobody will do anything to help... I can think of some people to thank for that!
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't!!
    Keep the focus on the real culprits... unless of course, it's your friend!

14 members found this post helpful.

i am just curious: if an auction is held (by a non profit ) with a stated purpose for the funds raised - legally does the money have to go to the stated purpose?

and if the stated purpose is changed part way thru the auction....what does that do to the legality if anything?

it's an interesting question.

i am not sure yet what to make of "this" whole thing.... as someone watching from the outside it seems to me that there is a lot more going on here than it appears......

in the end i hope all the horses end up happy healthy and in caring homes.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    i am just curious: if an auction is held (by a non profit ) with a stated purpose for the funds raised - legally does the money have to go to the stated purpose?

and if the stated purpose is changed part way thru the auction....what does that do to the legality if anything?

it's an interesting question.

i am not sure yet what to make of "this" whole thing.... as someone watching from the outside it seems to me that there is a lot more going on here than it appears......

in the end i hope all the horses end up happy healthy and in caring homes.
    You should ask your lawyer

Default I would like to say Thank You Very much to:

Leg Up donators and its founders, Daventry Equestrian, the MHS officers and to all the hard working lawyers for MHS that are working their butts off to bring justice in such an incredibly difficult, most scheming, fraud filled, deceptive, cruel case one can imagine. The details are confusing, the facts are confusing..I get it. The truth behind this evil case will come to light. Be very careful as to what to believe, who to believe...a giant smoke screen and web of lies has been constructed to manipulate the truth. Thanks to all of you who love the horse that isn't even yours. They will prevail! JB will go down. RS..if you read this...be very very very careful as to what you think is truth. You are an intelligent woman, a good horse woman. The stallion you covets future depends on you to open your eyes and start asking questions. You know who to call.. I did, and wow, you need the truth.

18 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by equitruth View Post
    You should ask your lawyer
    i would imagine that kind of question would need to be answered by a specialty lawyer?

in any case, those of us standing on the outside will never really know what happened/is happening/etc.

i do hope as this whole humane society thing plays out, that those that were allegedly ripped off have either banded together or on their own found legal help.

my gut feeling is that that is the path to justice.

The report on Facebook doesn't just show multiple lacerations, one eye swollen shut, and a completely swollen face. It also shows a body score of 3 and abnormal blood counts. If you read page 15 of the report, for instance, it says: "there were changes in body chemistry due to anorexia and muscle damage." That wasn't caused by a stallion fight. It's a perverse world, indeed, where people believe one should be allowed to mistreat an animal and then sell it with impunity after the humane society seizes it

As to the defamatory comments about the Leg Up auction, that's just proof that no good deed goes unpunished

5 members found this post helpful.

The stallion was sold BEFORE he was seized. Hence the root of all these issues. He was waiting on a shipper to be sent and then MHS seized him where he was held for over a month without any information being released to his new owner. Rising Star Farm has done nothing except purchase a stallion and yet had her name and her farm's name dragged through the mud based on pure speculation and "facts" that turned out to be completely incorrect. So yes, it did sit badly with many of us.

As for the rest, well, lots of money was raised and hopefully it will go to to purpose for which it was intended, ie abused horses. With RS's bill being 4500 and probably paid by someone other than MHS, that should leave lots of funds for other horses. Hopefully the organizers of the charity will be happy to share where the funds are going so the speculation can stop.

And while I know this is a pipe dream, I hope that people in general will stop posting their "facts" all over this thread or on COTH since time and time again, they're proven wrong.

JB should be out of business. All the horses should be as lucky as Romantic Star and wind up in good, professional homes.
    Visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ranchopampa or our website at www.ranchopampa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Callmeacab View Post
    Just because RS posted the vet statement does not mean she is the one who paid the bill. The billing clearly shows that MHS is the one who contracted with Davis for the care. They are the ones who have been paying the bills. Too much going on behind the scenes and too much speculation.
    Apologies for jumping the gun on this one - I assumed Ronda had paid the bills since she has copies of the UC Davis statement. I am now guessing that MCHS won't release the horse until SOMEONE pays them back.

I do still wish Ronda would get her own attorney. Her main beef should be with Jill Burnell, whose shoddy horsekeeping allowed the whole Romantic Star mess to occur.

What a freakin' mess. I am so sorry for EVERYONE involved in this debacle - except JillB, of course, who should be behind bars.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nycjumper View Post
    The stallion was sold BEFORE he was seized. Hence the root of all these issues. He was waiting on a shipper to be sent and then MHS seized him where he was held for over a month without any information being released to his new owner.
    Sorry, I'm just a dumb lawyer. So you purchase a horse that is seriously hurt and neglected and then you use the seller's own attorney to sue the humane society that seized it instead of getting your own attorney? That makes sense

I DO appreciate the explanation.

15 members found this post helpful.

Posted by Discobold:

The report on Facebook doesn't just show multiple lacerations, one eye swollen shut, and a completely swollen face.
    Discobold, go back and read the friggin' report. It most certainly DOES show that the stallion had one eye swollen completely shut and the other eye was also swollen but he could still at least see out of it. It also goes on to state that there were lacerations under each eye that needed to be packed with gauze after the woulds had been cleaned. Those are some pretty serious eye injuries. Also, it seems one eye had ulcerated. That is also being treated and is healing.

And that is only the eye injuries. He had other lacerations and areas of serious edema (chest, leg).

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    At what time does the auction money kick in...and towards WHAT????? I think it should have covered at least Some of Romantic Star's bill.....

hummmmm

SH
    How do you know it has not?

I am totally flummoxed that people are pouncing on Leg Up after the amazing job they (and others) did to fund raise.

Quote Originally Posted by BaroquePony View Post
    Discobold, go back and read the friggin' report. It most certainly DOES show that the stallion had one eye swollen completely shut and the other eye was also swollen but he could still at least see out of it.

That's what I said. Could you go back and read what you quoted? I didn't say it doesn't show. I said it doesn't JUST show - that is, it shows more than that.

The full quote:

The report on Facebook doesn't just show multiple lacerations, one eye swollen shut, and a completely swollen face. It also shows a body score of 3 and abnormal blood counts.

3 members found this post helpful.

Discobold, got it. Sorry.

Let's everyone take a breath and slow down to read each other's posts carefully. Perhaps a PM can be sent to a representative from Leg-Up so they are made aware of questions about the auction and they can comment on the status of donations from the fundraiser. That way folk can have some information to discuss instead of continuing to speculate on and defend how it's being handled.

This is obviously a convoluted and passionate topic and it's fine to ask questions and ask for clarification, but let's try to avoid complicating things further by drawing battle lines without even checking to see what exactly is being fought about.

Thanks ~
    Mod 1

15 members found this post helpful.