The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 216 of 224 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,320 of 4466

But hasn't the "Patch" been questioned before regarding their accuracy?

2 members found this post helpful.

I'm sorry but I can barely stomach the claims made by Jill's lawyer. That women has almost a better imagination then Jill. What is the most horrific to me is that Mrs.Weems is a horse owner. I know she is paid to do a job...but as simply a horse owner how can she justify attempting to return horses back into that situation. It is beyond vile.

"One horse taken off the property last month was Romantic Star, a stallion known nationally among warmblood breeders and in dressage circles. Weems said Romantic Star was just muddy and slightly injured from a fight with another stallion. He is being treated at a veterinary clinic on the campus of UC Davis along with two mares from the farm. The Marin Humane Society is caring for the fourth horse.Just prior to the December Romantic Star has been sold to a woman in Georgia who wants custody, but the horse is seen as evidence in a criminal investigation, Weems said.
    Weems has maintained the confiscated horses that appeared thin were not neglected, malnourished or mistreated and that they should have been returned to the Burnells' custody immediately after they were evaluated.
    . "But all the blo"If a horse really is starving or has medical conditions that perhaps causes an unsightly or thin appearance, there are blood panels and chemical tests that will reveal whether or not a horse is in a metabolic condition so that somebody could objectively say a horse may not be receiving sufficient calories," Weems saidod tests were normal for these horses and scored better (on a body condition scale) than the scores given by the Marin Humane Society."
    Wagman said the animal control officers acted accordingly after receiving calls of concern from people who saw ribs showing prominently on the bellies of several horses at pasture.
    "There's a difference between being thin and being in a state of near starvation and suffering," Wagman said, "and these horses were in the latter category. People who are facing charges of neglect ... they always try to put it over that it wasn't that bad. But the spaces between these horses' ribs were not normal. ... In both situations, there was a need for prompt action."
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

1 members found this post helpful.

honestly? i think there is hyperbole on both sides..... that is what attorney's ( and politicians!) do.

we, will never really know what is going on. and why should we? it really has nothing to do with most of us.

i still hope that those that were allegedly ripped off are taking actions ....

and i also hope that this thread is not used against MHS or others.....

From www.thehorse.com - Owner Sues Humane Group over Stallion Seizure

http://www.thehorse.com/articles/313...allion-seizure
    Randee Beckman ~Otteridge Farm, LLC (http://on.fb.me/1iJEqvR)~ Marketing Manager - The Clothes Horse

What part of not being treated for a broken jaw and other injuries and a very low body score don't they get?
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

See, now that's interesting to me, that Ronda would be the one suing to get the stallion back. That article reads like Ronda is also in disagreement over the stallions condition and why he was seized? Interesting.
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

WOW... alrighty then

Very very interesting....
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Has Ronda even seen RS? Has she finally been given info by UCDavis? or is she just going along with JB and MW, drinking the same KoolAid?

3 members found this post helpful.

If the courts have already decided that the removal
    of the horses was justified how can you sue and claim it was not ?
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

I have no problem with Ronda suing to get the stallion (back?) but have a huge problem with her using the same lawyer as Jill. Makes her look all the more like she is in an alliance with Jill as opposed to a unwitting victim who just wanted to buy a new horse.

14 members found this post helpful.

I also hope Ronda will wise up and get her own lawyer. I've heard that RS is treated and now being held as evidence. I'd have issue with this too. Document his condition upon arrival and send him along to his new owner in GA.

But FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RONDA - GET YOUR OWN ATTORNEY! There are a lot of us here who want to think you just got caught up in a bad situation trying to buy a nice stallion, but you still have a good reputation and don't want to be linked too closely to Jill Burnell or her attorney.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

10 members found this post helpful.

Can't help my curiosity...where did Redwine and Aloha end up going? I think I recall them being moved off the property after the seizures.

3 members found this post helpful.

this whole thing is a mess. If she couldnt properly care for the 4 horses that were seized (that were in very bad condition) then why doesn't that waarant seizure of everything. Now Jill has hidden and shipped away everything on the farm so no one will ever get ahold of those poor animals.

Wow... Sick.

She's all the way on the other coast, and gets involved in this mess... Then when HER horse needs to be physically rescued and treated from painful and possibly life threatening injuries she shows up out of the woodwork? THEN wants to sue the agency that stepped in and got him care?? SERIOUSLY?????

Fine, if the MHS has to spend the money Leg-up raised to fight her, and take on additional attorney fees, I hope they charge her as the owner of the horse for "failure to provide vet care".

Ronda has just posted his vet bill on her fb page...
    Last edited by Stella M; Feb. 7, 2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Corrected.

I just want to be clear that I wasn't accusing Ronda of anything, nor being critical of her actions. I have met Ronda in person and she is super nice, knowledgable and I love her breeding program. That being said it makes me wonder about the back-story, because thus far I'm not impressed with the attorney and I would think that Ronda would truly only want what's best for her stallion. Just wondering if there is something else going on in regards to the stallion...idle speculation on a rainy day, that's all!
    --Winston Churchill
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stella M View Post
    Wow... Sick.

She's all the way on the other coast, and gets involved in this mess... Then when HER horse needs to be physically rescued and treated from painful and possibly life threatening injuries she shows up out of the woodwork? THEN wants to sue the agency that stepped in and got him care?? SERIOUSLY?????

Fine, if the MHS has to spend the money Leg-up raised to fight her, and take on additional attorney fees, I hope they charge her as the owner of the horse for "failure to provide vet care".

It's true - the AUDACITY of a new owner to want to get the horse released to her care and custody after he was seized while he was awaiting shipment to his new home and waiting weeks and weeks for any news of his condition and having to go to court to even get information about him and be told that the humane society wanted to keep him as "evidence".

GIANT eye roll here.

ETA - I hope people actually read the vet report. Since it pretty much contradicts the "facts" about his condition posted here. No one is questioning he is better served being somewhere other than JB's farm but it does put the hysteria in perspective.
    Visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ranchopampa or our website at www.ranchopampa.com

7 members found this post helpful.

Well, there more to the story, so put your claws away. Ronda has just posted the entire medical record of Romantic's stay at UC Davis on FB.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stella M View Post
    Wow... Sick.

Ronda has paid the vet bills the entire time.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Ok, I admit to being upset when I learned she is suing the same agency that got him care for some pretty awful wounds and lack of convincing vet care from JB. Over-reacted. Sorry.

That being said, I don't think I would sue MHS. WITH JB's attorney. Since they are the only one who actually did take action when the animals were not getting what they needed. I'd be more happy if she actually worked with them in the best interests of their case and the well being of all the horses. I hope MHS preserves every bit of evidence they may need, in the light of the attorneys that they are having to contend with.

Yes, the vet report (all 32 pages) has been publicly posted for all to see. And yes, it directly contradicts what we all heard about his condition. The horse did not have a broken jaw, from what I can read, and the BCS was a 3. At this point, if I were Ronda, I would probably be seeking legal recourse to get the stallion home where I could care for him, too. Maybe not with Jill's attorney, but I would want him home....
    --Winston Churchill
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

4 members found this post helpful.