The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 212 of 224 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 4466
    Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by Acertainsmile View Post
    Wowza DMK, are you okay? Where did I say ALL current transactions fail? Maybe those who had okey dokey transactions did do their homework, crossed their t's and dotted their i's. Or maybe Jill decided to have a moment of clarity and do the right thing...I have no idea. No crystal ball here, just some common sense when dealing with someone like Jill Burnell.
    Gotcha. So it's just the one transaction you are worried about? You seem happy to speculate and wonder endlessly in the absence of oh, I don't know... any information or facts whatsoever?

Which is why I wondered a week ago if money had actually changed hands for this horse. Seems a little suspicious that the "new" owner couldnt find out any information on him. Maybe there was a contract, and he really is in bad enough shape that she backed out of it.
    ust want to make it clear that I never suspected the possible buyer (or new owner) of RS of any shady dealings, just that it was odd that she could not (to our knowledge) find out anything on his condition if she had actually purchased him.
    And if in fact the stallion was actually purchased, why wouldnt the new owner go out at this point with paperwork in hand and find out his condition?
    No one ever said only an idiot would buy a horse from her...exactly where are you reading that? It's only being said that at this point in time, (or at least since this thread was started) you might want to do due diligence if you were going to purchase something sight unseen.
    If there is a shadow of a doubt than you would be a fool (yes I said it) to fork over your cash and hope for the best.
    You have gone on and on about how you are so worried about it, so I just wonder why you are just so darn worried? Did RS take out a loan from you to purchase the horse or is this just an amazing display of heartfelt concern for a fellow COTH poster? I mean I'm sure only the finest of motives apply!
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

6 members found this post helpful.

Anyone in the know able to give us a vague update on the condition of the seized horses? Are the injuries RS received healing well?

5 members found this post helpful.

^^^ I too would like to know the status of the horses.

2 members found this post helpful.

I do not expect details because I know they are keeping those safe for their own reasons. Just wondering if RS is doing OK? Are the mares doing OK?

1 members found this post helpful.

Why there isn't more info available....

This is a contested case involving private property. Confidentiality applies to vets and the MHS and what they can and cannot make public. The seized horses are private property and the owner's attorney is all over the case and MHS. Why would MHS jeopardize the case by revealing facts just to satisfy bystanders? The court is where information is presented and available to the public. Unless MHS attorney or other authority okays a press release.

To get the scoop requires good journalism on the ground, doing the investigating and then double checking sources. Until you can get a respectable news organization to do this work -- and report -- bystanders have to rely on the official statements. Or speculate and guess work - which seems to fuel some folks and this thread for pages and pages.
    Last edited by Justa Bob; Jan. 22, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    Gotcha. So it's just the one transaction you are worried about? You seem happy to speculate and wonder endlessly in the absence of oh, I don't know... any information or facts whatsoever?

You have gone on and on about how you are so worried about it, so I just wonder why you are just so darn worried? Did RS take out a loan from you to purchase the horse or is this just an amazing display of heartfelt concern for a fellow COTH poster? I mean I'm sure only the finest of motives apply!
    I wouldn't call it worry, hey, not my dimes and nickles...just curiosity which seems to cover about everyone who has posted on this thread. Could you point out where I ever stated that I was "worried" about it? Sometimes it's actually good to bring this stuff up, you know, so people can actually read and learn from others possible mistakes. Besides the frying of JB, isn't that kind of what this entire thread is about?

DMK I think the cliche "Fool me once shame on you Fool me twice shame on me" is applicable here.

The statements made are conditional based upon past, current and sadly I'm sure future evidence that has been compiled against Mrs. Burnell.

As per Horsenut's statement about "majority were very happy". How are you so certain? When it has been discussed , proven and re proven over the course of 212 pages that her website and its list of sale/sold horses available in utero's, mares and even purchasers is nothing more then a elaborate tapestry with some fragments of truth , some fantasy and out right lies, all woven together in order to create the illusion of grandeur.

I think that those that purchase horses from her for whatever reason are certainly more then free to do so. However I would also expect even prior to this particular thread that there has been enough FACTUAL evidence provided that anyone expecting to do business with her and hoping for a positive outcome without providing their own fail safes certainly would have earned a few adjectives to describe their naiveté.

We are not talking about buying horses sight unseen from a breeder or establishment of good repute. The discussion is about doing business with Jill Burnell.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

I really hope you are smarter in real life than what you type...if there is any lesson to be learned through all of this mess (and I would at least hope that there is) it would be that people need to check, and then double check when it comes to buying anything sight unseen from someone who has less than a stellar reputation.

If this lesson fails, people like Jill Burnell will continue to come out of the woodwork, preying on those who may be niave to their practices, but most of all, failing the horses in their care who have absoloutely no voice or recourse in the situation.

We are no longer "speculating" on Jills horse keeping practices, nor are we drinking the kool aid and thinking that these accusations about her are coming from jealous stallion owners. We are also not speculating that she has had a few of the top professionals suing for non-payment for services, etc.

If you know where and whom you are buying horses, foals, or in utero foals from thats great, there is no need to be a little paranoid and double check. If there is a shadow of a doubt than you would be a fool (yes I said it) to fork over your cash and hope for the best.
    Like I said, someone would take the bait. People who are not smart don't take the bait.

Your post(s) did not specify the JB situation in particular. Instead you have posted as a general statement that applies to all.

Way too much tin foil hats on this thread.
    Fan of Sea Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    DMK I think the cliche "Fool me once shame on you Fool me twice shame on me" is applicable here.

The statements made are conditional based upon past, current and sadly I'm sure future evidence that has been compiled against Mrs. Burnell.

As per Horsenut's statement about "majority were very happy". How are you so certain? When it has been discussed , proven and re proven over the course of 212 pages that her website and its list of sale/sold horses available in utero's, mares and even purchasers is nothing more then a elaborate tapestry with some fragments of truth , some fantasy and out right lies, all woven together in order to create the illusion of grandeur.

I think that those that purchase horses from her for whatever reason are certainly more then free to do so. However I would also expect even prior to this particular thread that there has been enough FACTUAL evidence provided that anyone expecting to do business with her and hoping for a positive outcome without providing their own fail safes certainly would have earned a few adjectives to describe their naiveté.

We are not talking about buying horses sight unseen from a breeder or establishment of good repute. The discussion is about doing business with Jill Burnell.
    ok should have qualified my statement. MOST people on this board whether they hate JB or not are happy with their babies. I say this based on the number of them posted on FB pages, winning classes etc etc. Yes some have said they received their purchase in poor shape and I believe there was one that was injured. But in percentages I'd say she's doing well despite herself.

as for fictional purchases etc, I think you only need to look at USEF, FB, to know that there really are quite a few purchases. If you are suggesting she only REALLY sold a few and the rest are made up that doesn't fly.

There were quite a few making a general statement about people being foolish buying inutero or site unseen, they were not directing it only at people who bought from JB.
    Last edited by horsenut93136; Jan. 22, 2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: hit enter too soon

Prior to this year, I found few, if any problems with her sale announcements on the website, or breedings that didn't actually take place. These particular problems seem to have really cropped up this year, especially the last 6-9 months. She has sold a HUGE number of babies, and, as the poster above noted, percentage wise, there have been very few unhappy WITH THE HORSES. With other aspects of her business, certainly. But she has not gone six years lying on her website.

No defense, just a reality check.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

3 members found this post helpful.

Wow, some of you just don't get it, or are lost in the reading for comprehension aspect of it all. Amazing!

As far as "taking the bait", really not sure what you are referring too, as I am not "on the hook" for anything. I am not owed a horse, breeding, unborn foal from JB, nada.

Yes, I made some general statements regarding buying anything from a less than reputable person. And I stand by that, whether it be a horse, dog, car you name it. And yes, I did add Jill Burnells name to the mix, because that is actually the person being named over and over and even over in this thread.

I have zero conspiracy theory, I just go by what I see. A woman who supposably purchased a stallion, but to date still doesnt have any information on him. This isn't heresay, she's posted about it on her FB page. I suppose instead of saying that she doesnt have any information, she could always update and say she does, but can't post about it.

Besides the frying of JB, isn't that kind of what this entire thread is about?
    "Worry" was the kindest motive I could think of for such obsessive concern, because what this thread is about, other than JB (which it is barely about any more), is dragging anyone tangentially related to the issue through the muck. But concerns for others learning a valuable life lesson when it comes to buying a breeding stallion is another possibility, I suppose. But so is being too cute by half.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Wow, some of you just don't get it, or are lost in the reading for comprehension aspect of it all. Amazing!

As far as "taking the bait", really not sure what you are referring too, as I am not "on the hook" for anything. I am not owed a horse, breeding, unborn foal from JB, nada.

Yes, I made some general statements regarding buying anything from a less than reputable person. And I stand by that, whether it be a horse, dog, car you name it. And yes, I did add Jill Burnells name to the mix, because that is actually the person being named over and over and even over in this thread.

I have zero conspiracy theory, I just go by what I see. A woman who supposably purchased a stallion, but to date still doesnt have any information on him. This isn't heresay, she's posted about it on her FB page. I suppose instead of saying that she doesnt have any information, she could always update and say she does, but can't post about it.
    After her treatment here, I would bet her updates will be few and far between.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.

I guess the bottom line Laurie , DMK, etc is WHY defend her at all? Years ago people who have equal respect in the business warned of something being NQR and over the last say 6 years using the number you've quoted the % of poor business issues and poor horse care has been on a steady rise.

Why defend her at all ? Do you think the picture of the starved mare .. or where her in laws were being housed ..or the money she to owes god knows who at this point deserve a defense ?

If anything Laurie the very fact that her quasii ponzi scheme has degraded to the point that even people like yourself who at one time was a business associate and a stalwart defender have been left holding the tab should be enough to just let the defending go.

She is a smart women who had/has nice stallions and nice mares and by all accounts had all the pieces to make a really successful mark in the business. It was her choices and actions that have caused her decent into the current. None of it is defensible.

The rest of the arguing back and forth is just trying to pick fly shit out of the pepper.
    Last edited by Lynnwood; Jan. 22, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

15 members found this post helpful.

"Worry" was the kindest motive I could think of for such obsessive concern, because what this thread is about, other than JB (which it is barely about any more), is dragging anyone tangentially related to the issue through the muck. But concerns for others learning a valuable life lesson when it comes to buying a breeding stallion is another possibility, I suppose. But so is being too cute by half.
    While I agree that there were some conspiracy theories (and mudslinging) about RS, being hidden, someone doing a favor for JB, etc. I can assure you that those statements didn't come from me, go back and do some fact checking. What you call "obsessive" is me trying to drive a point home to some obviously very thick individuals who for whatever reason just can't seem to grasp a very simple concept. And that was me stating that in the nicest way possible.

Am I the least bit concerened about people buying horses, dogs, cars or anything from a reputable person? Nope! Just trying to point out again that this is clearly not the case here.

supposably
    AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

15 members found this post helpful.

I guess the bottom line Laurie , DMK, etc is WHY defend her at all? Years ago people who have equal respect in the business warned of something being NQR and over the last say 6 years using the number you've quoted the % of poor business issues and poor horse care has been on a steady rise.
    Seriously??? Again, showing limited ability to keep up or read, take your pick.

FFS, NOBODY, I REPEAT, NOBODY... least of all, LaurieP and myself is defending JB. The furthest thing from it. <head desk head desk head desk>.

What we object to is dragging everyone else through the muck based on little more than idiotic invented claims of conspiracies or collusion, compounded with idle gossip, damaging speculation or anything else along those lines. Facts? Not so much.

Personally I think JB needs to be out of the business one way or another. I'd like it to be through legal transfer/sale of her remaining stock because that is what is best for all of the animals. I also think anyone who is doing their job as it relates to this case deserves the respect and consideration of not being raked over the internet coals for their efforts.

You want to call JB a starving hoarder, have at it.

7 members found this post helpful.

I suppose instead of saying that she doesnt have any information, she could always update and say she does, but can't post about it.
    Oh yes, I am sure that would be met with nary an internet peep. Based on the hysterical idiocy of many and the targeted agendas of a few, I'm sure posting something like that would just make the whole thing settle right down and we would all sing kumbaya and roast marshmallows. I think you should email her with that suggestion. And for a follow up, maybe ask the vet to elaborate on what she thinks about dental care as an excuse. I can see how that would just set everyone's mind at ease.

#livinginapipedream

Lynwood you do what you have to do, I will do what I see fit. I see no defense in introducing actual FACTS back into the mix, for no other reason than to put a check on the rampant speculation. I find it unacceptable to ignore facts just to continue the ongoing into the Twilight Zone. There have been enough stories presented here, accepted as fact, without continuing to extrapolate incorrectly. But, as I said, do as you like.
    Laurie

Oh yes, I am sure that would be met with nary an internet peep. Based on the hysterical idiocy of many and the targeted agendas of a few, I'm sure posting something like that would just make the whole thing settle right down and we would all sing kumbaya and roast marshmallows. I think you should email her with that suggestion. And for a follow up, maybe ask the vet to elaborate on what she thinks about dental care as an excuse. I can see how that would just set everyone's mind at ease.

#livinginapipedream
    The truth will set you free...