The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 198 of 224 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 4466

Okay, I've gone through the document. There are 11 mares identified by same names or near enough as on Jill's broodmare list on her website. (Ambria, Annie, Debutante, Denay, EM Diamonette, Likide, Paisely, Porta Westfalica, Rose Excess, Terlina, Westy). Of these, 5 are noted as being pregnant, one as potentially pregnant, 2 are definitely not pregnant and with 3 it was not indicated as either way. There are an additional 6 mares who were not identified by the same names as on Jill's website. (Kalypso, Cookie, Bunny, Lola, Sis, Pumpkin). All are noted as not in foal except for one (Pumpkin) that was not noted as either pregnant or not. With the three seized mares, that makes 20 mares. Taking in account Pop Tart, Oiselle, and Grand Affair, there are still at least 11 mares whose location is unknown. Of course, this is assuming that Jill has not acquired more mares who are not on her website.

Two BIG questions remain. Who are Kalypso, Cookie, Bunny, Lola, Sis, Pumpkin, Blackie and Nutsie? And where are Aloha, Cash Lake, Cinderella, Delilah, Hawai Du Moulin, Hot Purple, Laws of Nature, Lucky Karma, Marti, Metsonized, Mistletoe, Next Best Thing, Radieschen, Rain Time, Resist Me Not, Rio Vista, and The Rose Line???

ETA: Thank you LaurieP for resolving the question of Corlandia and 24k!

2 members found this post helpful.

All this talk about the vet that inspected the horses that were not seized, what about the vet that gave Romantic Star his health certificate??? That's the vet that deserves to get raked over the coals. JMHO.

The first mare on the list, Kalypso is really a Kalypso daughter and she was no where near skinny when she arrived at JB's. This whole thing just makes me sick. When this is over I hope that JB loses possession of all horses & dogs (those poor dogs ) forever! I then hope she can get the help that she needs.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by TKR View Post
    This is such a baffling situation to me -- apparently, this woman -- Jill Burnell - had sufficient funds to buy and import several stallions, advertise and show some of them, buy mares and then she just drops the ball and lets them starve? Is she a headcase or what? Why would she invest in all of this and let it go so far south? Is she now broke? I know that's all personal questions, but the condition of the horses and the history (that I know) just beg the questions. Carry on!
    PennyG
    Penny - she was sued within 6-8 months by the "co-owner" partner in Redwine
    She was sued by John French- public record - for not paying fees
    She by the grapevine never paid Peter Pletcher

Thus I am not sure she EVER had the money to do anything she has done.

Wish I could get my horses shown by top trainers for no payment - have to work on my spiel
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    The first mare on the list, Kalypso is really a Kalypso daughter and she was no where near skinny when she arrived at JB's. This whole thing just makes me sick. When this is over I hope that JB loses possession of all horses & dogs (though poor dogs ) forever! I then hope she can get the help that she needs.
    So, Kalypso is a mare she has acquired since updating her website?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterRider992 View Post
    Okay, I've gone through the document. There are 11 mares identified by same names or near enough as on Jill's broodmare list on her website. (Ambria, Annie, Debutante, Denay, EM Diamonette, Likide, Paisely, Porta Westfalica, Rose Excess, Terlina, Westy). Of these, 5 are noted as being pregnant, one as potentially pregnant, 2 are definitely not pregnant and with 3 it was not indicated as either way. There are an additional 6 mares who were not identified by the same names as on Jill's website. (Kalypso, Cookie, Bunny, Lola, Sis, Pumpkin). All are noted as not in foal except for one (Pumpkin) that was not noted as either pregnant or not. With the three seized mares, that makes 20 mares. Taking in account Pop Tart, Oiselle, and Grand Affair, there are still at least 11 mares whose location is unknown. Of course, this is assuming that Jill has not acquired more mares who are not on her website.

Two BIG questions remain. Who are Kalypso, Cookie, Bunny, Lola, Sis, Pumpkin, Blackie and Nutsie? And where are Aloha, Cash Lake, Cinderella, Delilah, Hawai Du Moulin, Hot Purple, Laws of Nature, Lucky Karma, Marti, Metsonized, Mistletoe, Next Best Thing, Radieschen, Rain Time, Resist Me Not, Rio Vista, and The Rose Line???

ETA: Thank you LaurieP for resolving the question of Corlandia and 24k!
    You forgot Redwine....

I am sickened by this whole debaucle. I refrain from posting at COTH most of the time because it is such a train wreck and everything said is taken as having an underlying current.

I am the breeder ( my mother's name is on the papers) of the mare Diamonette, whom was sold as a 5 year old. Attached to her papers when I sold her at age 5 was a request to be contacted should she ever deem unsound as a competition horse and a home needed.
    I did manage to track her somewhat through her USEF show records, but later lost track of her until she came into possession of the breeder Irish Hills Farm, who then sold her to Jill at age 16, despite her promise never to sell her and to return her to me when retired. Many of our past daughters became broodmares at some point in life, and I have tried to help rehome some of those, I guess they have all been lucky to get great homes.

While I hope all of these horses land softly, I am sick with worry and hope that , at 20 years old, Diamonette can come home to retire if she does not quickly find a totally ideal situation.

I sincerely hope that whoever ends up with her, or any of the mares, let the previous breeders ( or owners) know that they are in caring hands once again.
    Last edited by MagicRoseFarm; Jan. 17, 2013 at 08:17 PM.
    "It's not how good you ride, It's how good your horse covers for you." -Kristan
    Magic Rose Farm- home of Beste Gold & Hot Shot
    Beste Gold & Offspring on Facebook
    Magic Rose Farm Warmbloods on FB

11 members found this post helpful.

So, Kalypso is a mare she has acquired since updating her website?
    She has had that mare a couple of years, not months, as a friend of a friend gave her to JB in late 2010 or early 2011.

It was stated earlier in this thread that Corlandia & the Hawaii du Moulin mare were shipped to a vet in CO. She defaulted on them and the vet obtained ownership and sold Corlandia. According to his website, they still have the Hawaii mare.

Next Best Thing has never been at her farm.

3 members found this post helpful.

"Bunny" is Cash Lake, a one-eyed bay TB mare

Oldernewbie, I was focusing on the mares but Redwine, Aloha, and several babies are also missing or not identified by their proper names. I'm working on sorting out the info with the babies currently.

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    She has had that mare a couple of years, not months, as a friend of a friend gave her to JB in late 2010 or early 2011.

It was stated earlier in this thread that Corlandia & the Hawaii du Moulin mare were shipped to a vet in CO. She defaulted on them and the vet obtained ownership and sold Corlandia. According to his website, they still have the Hawaii mare.

Next Best Thing has never been at her farm.
    Kalypso on this list is a mare that she did acquire about 4 months ago FAT and happy! She is a Hanoverian mare by Kalypso out of a Diamont daughter. Her name is Krown. Waiting to hear when we can go and get her out of this crappy situation.

6 members found this post helpful.

And Rain Time's barn name was Riley, so she's not listed and looks MIA as well.

1 members found this post helpful.

Kalypso on this list is a mare that she did acquire about 4 months ago FAT and happy! She is a Hanoverian mare by Kalypso out of a Diamont daughter. Her name is Krown. Waiting to hear when we can go and get her out of this crappy situation.
    If there is no impound order on the horses, and you have proof of ownership that Jill can't trump, why not just go get her?
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Good to know. The other mare was also Kalypso and is now missing from her website. Hmm, wonder what happened to her? I will try to find out.

Yes, go get that mare as soon as you can if at all possible!

MRF, can you go get Diamonette? Or hire an agent to do it for you? I would imagine a Power of Attorney and copy of papers with your breeder information would suffice...though I don't know for sure.
    At the very least let MHS know so you can maybe work through their lawyer.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

I was told that everything is in the hands of the district attorney, now. So it would be a good idea for any with missing horses or concerns to contact them.

Their website is: http://www.co.marin.ca.us/da/

If enough valid claims can be made against her, through the DA's office, perhaps the judgements against her can result in a forced sale of the horses, to pay off all the judgements? I would think getting them out of her hands, one way or another, would be the only hope for them to have a better life.

What a mess.

7 members found this post helpful.

THIS whole escapade is an example of why I put on my search hat of the first Hanno double G line baby bred many years ago and selling at age 5. Went out of the horse business after I sold her. Have been reading so many horror stories over the years, so I started searching for that filly, and found her. Contacted current owners, and told them I want her back when they are ready to retire her or she was not useful anymore to them. She has been back with me now for a yr and a half, 25 yrs old now. Happy and healthy. I can sleep. I feel so bad for everyone that got involved with this sick individual

10 members found this post helpful.

Oldernewbie, I was focusing on the mares but Redwine, Aloha, and several babies are also missing or not identified by their proper names. I'm working on sorting out the info with the babies currently.
    I saw you had Aloha in the last paragraph and thought you missed RW by accident. Unless there's a mare named Aloha too? No big deal, carry on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldernewbie View Post
    I saw you had Aloha in the last paragraph and thought you missed RW by accident. Unless there's a mare named Aloha too? No big deal, carry on!!!
    There's *supposedly* a grey Artos Z mare named Aloha, too. She's listed on GFF's website.

I read on FB that the breeder of the mare at MHS had contacted them and was willing to take her back. I so hope many will be lucky to go home and be loved again.
    I have not had time to read the whole report, but I am not surprised at the discrepancy between the website and the real horses.
    And JB confused re the horses' names? you are kidding... she is muddling the waters on purpose. Vet should have insisted on registered names...

Of course I was kidding...
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com