The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 195 of 224 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 4466

DMK & Dead Lame, I can't believe you'd try to inject sanity and logic into this discussion!! Here are all these good people trying to find anyone they can to blame, and you go and ruin it. Y'all otter be hashamed...

7 members found this post helpful.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't stated in any of the articles (I swear I remember reading Dr. Ellis outed in one or two of them...), but the article on TheHorse.com quotes Weems as saying two vets and two farriers confirmed the condition of the horses were typical to winter pasturing and healthy.

Dr. Ellis appears to have been named here...and some (not all) ran with it.

She was doing a job she was hired to do: evaluate the remaining, unseized horses. She submitted the paperwork required of her position. Nobody here really knows what that paperwork says. Not even her daughter.

I'm still just wondering WHY this professional is/was being raked over the coals for doing her job?

I fully admit I am suspicious of Maggie Weems, but she has also been hired to do a job. Doesn't mean I like it, or agree with it.

Lastly, I apologize for my being incorrect in stating it was Weems/JB who were quoted giving the name of the vet. I was wrong, and I am sorry.

Please DO NOT lump me in with those who support this animal abuser. I'd like nothing more than to see her behind bars for her MANY offenses to both animals and humans.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

you did see it--it was Rate My Horse Pro who indicated that she was the vet for JB. Personally, the fact that people are taking the reporting on a Gossip Website as verbatim reporting really has me scratching my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenike View Post
    Okay, so maybe it wasn't stated in any of the articles (I swear I remember reading Dr. Ellis outed in one or two of them...), but the article on TheHorse.com quotes Weems as saying two vets and two farriers confirmed the condition of the horses were typical to winter pasturing and healthy.

Dr. Ellis appears to have been named here...and some (not all) ran with it.

She was doing a job she was hired to do: evaluate the remaining, unseized horses. She submitted the paperwork required of her position. Nobody here really knows what that paperwork says. Not even her daughter.

I'm still just wondering WHY this professional is/was being raked over the coals for doing her job?

I fully admit I am suspicious of Maggie Weems, but she has also been hired to do a job. Doesn't mean I like it, or agree with it.

Lastly, I apologize for my being incorrect in stating it was Weems/JB who were quoted giving the name of the vet. I was wrong, and I am sorry.

Please DO NOT lump me in with those who support this animal abuser. I'd like nothing more than to see her behind bars for her MANY offenses to both animals and humans.
    Proud scar wearing member of the Bold, Banned and Bitchen clique

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenike View Post
    She submitted a declaration in support of the writ filed by Jill's attorney seeking return of the horses that allegedly supports the proposition that "[n]one of the horses are or were at risk or in distress due to a failure to provide care. All of the horses are receiving and have been receiving adequate care." Dr. Ellis' declaration is Exhibit D to the petition. AFAIK nobody has a copy of the declaration, the exhibits to the petition are not on the RMHP website, only the petition is there. I agree that one should not jump to conclusions without seeing what that document says. I am sure that a copy will turn up eventually, it is a public record after all...
    Last edited by Sheila A; Jan. 17, 2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: expand quote
    Sheila Armstrong

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaff2 View Post
    you did see it--it was Rate My Horse Pro who indicated that she was the vet for JB. Personally, the fact that people are taking the reporting on a Gossip Website as verbatim reporting really has me scratching my head.
    So true. It's not like they have not been asked to correct inaccurate statements that have been previously corrected by actual real sources of journalism. For a group that professed a goal of trying to shine a light on unethical practices, it starts at home...
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

That poor mare. Glad she is in better hands now.

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaff2 View Post
    Thank you! You understood what I was trying to say all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila A View Post
    She submitted a declaration in support of the writ filed by Jill's attorney seeking return of the horses that allegedly supports the proposition that "[n]one of the horses are or were at risk or in distress due to a failure to provide care. All of the horses are receiving and have been receiving adequate care." Dr. Ellis' declaration is Exhibit D to the petition. AFAIK nobody has a copy of the declaration, the exhibits to the petition are not on the RMHP website, only the petition is there. I agree that one should not jump to conclusions without seeing what that document says. I am sure that a copy will turn up eventually, it is a public record after all...
    I misunderstood the writ, then. I thought it was the attorney who submitted it, not the vet.

From what the vet's daughter has said, I still don't see the need to criminalize her when she was hired by the attorney AFTER the four horses were seized. I still am suspicious of her words being twisted, but obviously can't prove it. That's all.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila A View Post
    It certainly would be nice to see as it seems very odd that 4 horses could be seized yet 20? ish remain and according to Dr. Ellis they are in good health? Is she only feeding certain horses? Will be glad when this is over and the horses are feeling loved.

It doesn't mean that the horses left are in great condition, it means that they don't yet meet the parameters for instant seizure and are ok *for now*. I'd bet that the horses taken were some combination of older, hard keeper, pregnant, and unable to compete for food with the horses in their group. That's genreally how one horse in a group ends up looking like hell. That's what happened to the Arabians that were seized.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    It certainly would be nice to see as it seems very odd that 4 horses could be seized yet 20? ish remain and according to Dr. Ellis they are in good health? Is she only feeding certain horses? Will be glad when this is over and the horses are feeling loved.
    Not all horses (or people) do the same on the same dietary program, right? You have easy keepers, you have hard keepers. You have older horses and younger horses. You have fast eaters and slow eaters, horses high on the pecking order and low in rank. But if your facility requires that all horses are eating together in a field, the horse that is not an easy keeper and a slow eater/low on the pecking order (and they always seem to go together) will be the one getting less calories.

So even if you do have the money to feed your horses and are technically providing enough food to meet the nutritional needs of the group, if you do not have the knowledge, finances, facilities or inclination to separate those "special needs" horses, you will end up with some thin horses in a herd that does not otherwise meet the standard for neglect.

If you feed that same group of horses, but are not providing their full nutritional requirements (due to knowledge, finances, facilities or inclination) and those horses are really competing aggressively for any available calories, the above scenario is both more rapid and the decline is more marked. But that still means the ones who can get the calories they need will manage for longer.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Too many pages in this thread to read, don't know if this has been posted but here it is:
    http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/h...warranted.aspx

Does anyone know what happened to the post with the list of stallions offering their services to mare owners with contracts to JB stallions? It disappeared.
    First and foremost about the horse.
    Rose Bud Ranch Sporthorses
    Like Us On Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by saje View Post
    It doesn't mean that the horses left are in great condition, it means that they don't yet meet the parameters for instant seizure and are ok *for now*. I'd bet that the horses taken were some combination of older, hard keeper, pregnant, and unable to compete for food with the horses in their group. That's genreally how one horse in a group ends up looking like hell. That's what happened to the Arabians that were seized.
    This is a good post.
    Making Your Ambitions a Reality at Secret Ambition Stables.
    Quality Welsh Ponies and Welsh Crosses bred for sport
    Facebook Page.
    Section A and Section B Welsh Ponies at stud

3 members found this post helpful.

OK, let me get this straight. By the time Dr. Ellis was brought in to assess the horses, MHS had already seized four of them. If MHS had thought the other horses were in dire straits, they would have seized them, also. By leaving them there, MHS was essentially saying "The remaining horses are not yet in bad enough condition to warrant seizure." So Dr. Ellis is to be villified for saying the same thing the MHS vet did?

6 members found this post helpful.

How many equine vets practice in the area between Jill's place and Dr. Ellis? Just looking at Santa Rose, there appear to be at least a few. Sorry, I think something is fishy in the Burnell/Weems camp to hire this particular vet.

Please note that there is no bashing of Dr. Ellis in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    DL- I'll stop being fact based when you give up that fancy schmancy "critical thinking"!

How far down can we drag this thread with our wild ways?
    I just wanted to thank you for being one of the few beacons of common sense in this sh*tpile of a thread

5 members found this post helpful.

Just when I get a warm fuzzy glow from reading your post, Dazed, my eyes move up one to the post above yours to Exhibit 3,256 why facts, critical thinking and common sense continue to be on the endangered list. But Conspiracy Theories ROCK, Dude!!!1!!1!

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by saje View Post
    It bothers me that these horses will not be checked on every day, things could go downhill very quickly for the remaining horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    How many equine vets practice in the area between Jill's place and Dr. Ellis? Just looking at Santa Rose, there appear to be at least a few. Sorry, I think something is fishy in the Burnell/Weems camp to hire this particular vet.

Please note that there is no bashing of Dr. Ellis in this post.
    Via a quick Google search, 10-15 and I am sure that doesn't even come close to getting all of them. I counted at least 6 in JB's immediate area alone. She probably owes money to all of them though!