The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 190 of 224 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 4466

Here is a photo of the mare's body.

http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/h...warranted.aspx

The property photos obtained by Rate My Horse PRO are public record which the story says.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rate My Horse PRO™ View Post

The property photos obtained by Rate My Horse PRO are public record which the story says.
    I am in tears. May Jill Burnell burn in hell.

20 members found this post helpful.

Well, I hope this picture shuts the naysayers up. Disgusting. Poor, poor girl. So undeserved.

Makes me weep.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    I am in tears. May Jill Burnell burn in hell.
    These poor poor horses, yes I agree.....may Jill Burnell burn in hell

yikes ok pic on Ratemyhorsepro of Devils Sis whole body. pictures don't lie

kudos to RMHP for squashing any doubts. I know we shouldn't have to see pics. But.

edited to add just saw everyone else made aware of the pic was going to delete my post but just really sad

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JoZ View Post
    Maybe because we saw fat horses in videos and pictures being removed from Pintopiaffe's property.
    Sigh. Yes horses in good weight will be removed if they are NOT being contained by a cr@p fence and they keep getting out over and over again, where they eventually may be hit by a car or damage a neighbor's property.

No conspiracy in Jill Burnell's case either.

5 members found this post helpful.

Unconscionable
    ~ Bill Rube ~
    http://www.bydesignfarm.com
    Check us out on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    yikes ok pic on Ratemyhorsepro of Devils Sis whole body. pictures don't lie

kudos to RMHP for squashing any doubts. I know we shouldn't have to see pics. But.

edited to add just saw everyone else made aware of the pic was going to delete my post but just really sad
    It is said that a icture says a thousands words, and this one better than the vitirolic words said here in the last few weeks.

2 members found this post helpful.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    Well, I hope this picture shuts the naysayers up.
    Jesus on a cupcake... WHAT naysayers???? Please point them out to me, because I have not seen one person support JB and her actions. There is a significant difference between that and trying to drag the discussion back to the facts as we know them.

Some of us tend to think that the facts are plenty bad without inventing stuff out of whole cloth.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

I am with fact finders....we know Jill Burnell has hoarded horses and stallions. We know now that Marin County has seized some horses. Does anyone out there know how many horses Marin has seized? This woman has advertised over 30 horses? A huge auction to support Marin County rescue has been initiated. Does any one know what is actually happening? Without opening an issue, one stallion bought Pre seizure BUT maybe at UC Davis. Where ARE all the horses?
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

I really feel the need to leap in here. Day's End is not a quasi-governmental entity with the power to initiate seizures except in general court. It's also tied to the tail of HSUS which is a publicity hog. If HSUS were involved in this seizure they'd have been crowing to every legitimate and illegitimate media outlet they could find. Now Day's End could have a contractual agreement with some governments to act as a quasi-governmental entity to handle equine abuse cases, much as Marin County HS is a quasi-governmental entity for Marin County. Who knows what Day's End's relationship to the authorities was in the Arabian matter? There would seem to be little to prevent something like HSUS or Day's End or any other private person or entity from going to local court and swearing out a warrant against someone they believe is abusing animals in violation of the law. We do allow such private enforcement of the law in most states, but the person who initiates the action doesn't go into court cloaked with governmental immunity.

I'm rather impressed, myself, that MCHS has been keeping the lid on publicity. To me it shows that they are doing their job without having publicity for fund raising the primary motive or their actions.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

It's time to support blameless creatures that have been seized: Leg-Up or some other rescue of your choice. For Leg-Up, tonight is one of the best nights to tune-in and bid.....but, then so is tomorrow and the next day.....its time to move on to a more honorable frame of mind.

The funny thing is Jill used to send me PMs telling me to keep my mouth shut because I was only hurting my filly's value etc. I have been spreading the word far and wide non stop and haven't heard a peep from her. Either she really does have no internet access or she has given up trying to silence me. I hope it is the latter.

16 members found this post helpful.

Yikes, DMK. There has been a lot of discussion lately about what is considered "critical care" for a malnourished horse vs. one that is catastrphically malnourished and where they should go.

And there HAVE been a lot of naysayers -- not about JB's abuses, but nitpicking about whether the horses' condition warrented the HS stepping in or what they are doing -- and the cost of caring. And even stabs at the Leg Up effort to help with costs. Glad we could see one.

This photo took my breath away having, just in the nick of time, recovering my mare and foal from another BN hunter breeder who looked like this..maybe worse.

Had a flashback. I'll never forget it and just saw it again.

I don't think I'll post again and just do what I can and hope for the best for these horses.

7 members found this post helpful.

omg.. the poor horses. And this one is in foal??

I want to say a BIG thank you to the person or persons who FINALLY insisted that Marin county investigate the situation. Whoever made the complaint that resulted in the visit, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

You are a HERO(IN) in my eyes!
    Many many karma points to you!

16 members found this post helpful.

What in the world could her "vet", "Dr" Cheryl Ellis, possibly say in her declaration to defend against that picture?

If the cynics and supporters can look at this photo and justify ANY of Jill Burnells actions the whole lot of them need serious mental help.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

8 members found this post helpful.

May Jill one day feel as hungry as this poor rack of bones. What a sick bi#*%.
    You are what you dare.

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    Jesus on a cupcake...
    That line made me spit coffee all over my laptop I laughed so hard... Hopefully it's not permanently damaged

Quote Originally Posted by Proud To Be Spotted View Post
    What in the world could her "vet", "Dr" Cheryl Ellis, possibly say in her declaration to defend against that picture?
    Same thing as CCH? Off-site lease and she just got her back? Tapeworm? That her foal is a bottomless pit and stealing all of her food? Who knows. Hopefully the judge takes the vet report with a grain of salt considering the fact the vet is over 100+ miles away from Jill. How exactly is that vet supposed to respond to an emergency? Has she cracked the code for teleportation? Something is VERY fishy about the vet situation and it would be interesting to see just how long she's actually been tending to Jill's horses. I would also question how ethical she is if these horses got to be in this condition while under her watch. What kind of vet will just sit back and not say a word about horses in those conditions??

For those of you who don't know the geography around here, one would have to drive PAST UC Davis Vet Hospital, for another 1/2 hr. to reach this vet. Davis is 90 miles from Marin. Can Jill really have turned off every vet from here to the Sierra? That would be quite an accomplishment.