The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 182 of 224 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 4466

No point in posting. The truth will ultimately come out. Hopefully everyone will be satisfied with the outcome.
    Last edited by Equine Reproduction; Jan. 16, 2013 at 04:30 PM.
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly99 View Post
    This!!!!

By a quick count the auction bids are over 10k for THREE horses that were seized due to body score! Plus whatever was donated directly! That is an amazing response.

!
    Blingy foals and retired show mares are much more worthy of charity :P

Do people think these horses are getting seized? I'd be shocked if it happened.

Soooo, when the very first viable, breedable broodmare ends up in someones program, ya'll are going to tear them apart too, right?

Wow, they've surpassed 10K for two mares? Ronda's on the financial hook for the stallion more than likely. That's a hell of a lot of money spent in a week.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    I THINK the point is that if a purchase done before the seizure, it put money into the hands of Jill. I THINK that many of us would like to not see one penny go to JILL as those pennies don't and have not guaranteed care of the horses, payment of past due bills for vet services or feed. I THINK that is the point .
    Basically. By "under the table" I meant the silent support of JB for years, not literally an under the table deal. It was going to be made public after he'd shipped anyway.

I said early on I would give my contact info to those that asked privately and I have. I don't really see any reason to publish that for the world to see. MHS has my account of what I witnessed the day I was at her old farm.

I have donated directly to Marin once already, but will do so again as finances allow.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Reproduction View Post
    Just so that everyone is aware, we have been advised by the Marin Humane Society that their expenses with regards to this seizure already exceed the bids placed on the auction to date.
    From your response, it does not seem they are appreciative of the help though... Are they assuming the auction would cover all the expenses? Sorry, maybe it's the way you presented it, but it does not sit very well with me. I did donate directly to them FYI. I have a hard time believing that much for 4 animals, but ... one at Davis would probably create a big bill (that his owner should pay eventually, whomever that is!)

Is there any way we can try and create a list of which mares she actually has in her possession?

So the humane society gave details of their expenses to an outsider in an ongoing investigation. That seems...odd.

And 3 horses, 1 week = 10K? Clearly I need to up the board charges here. Especially since unfortunately, Rising Star Farm will probably be on the hook for Romantic Star's expenses (truly no good deed goes unpunished). So 10K for..2 mares in 1 week?
    Visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ranchopampa or our website at www.ranchopampa.com

4 members found this post helpful.

Well, repairing the broken jaw on the stallion might take up a large portion of the 10K. Maybe. Just specualting (it's a free country).

2 members found this post helpful.

Except as was pointed out, the SO will wind up on the hook most probably for treatment of RS. So 10K on treating 2 mares? Who didn't colic. That is more interesting than the HS releasing their expenses to an outsider......
    Visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ranchopampa or our website at www.ranchopampa.com

Wow in all my life I have never seen more nastiness and ill behavior slung back and forth.

From a few of the posts Is it to be understood that this thread with 182 pages and the dozen or so others threads linked to issues with the care , custody and financial ill repute of Jill Burnell are just speculations being slung around so that "jealous" breeders can get their mits on her horses?

Get a day job Nancy Drew.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

6 members found this post helpful.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Don't forget lawyers to defend against the petition for mandamus and otherwise work the seizures. There is also an Administrative Law Judge involved and they don't come free.

Quote Originally Posted by BaroquePony View Post
    Well, repairing the broken jaw on the stallion might take up a large portion of the 10K. Maybe. Just specualting (it's a free country).
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nycjumper View Post
    Except as was pointed out, the SO will wind up on the hook most probably for treatment of RS. So 10K on treating 2 mares? Who didn't colic. That is more interesting than the HS releasing their expenses to an outsider......
    I have to agree - why is the MCHS giving information to an uninvolved party? Being a donor doesn't entitle you to private financial information. If that is public knowledge, I'd like to see the breakdown of costs because - since RS belongs to RSF and they are paying the bills - how the heck could this seizure have cost over 10k? In a few days? No way.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nycjumper View Post
    There were 3 mares taken from her one with the stallion and two more on an additional date. Since we do not know the condition of those mares or what specialized care they might have needed it is entirely within the realm of possibilities that they have soaked up the raised funds.

We also do NOT know anything about the RS / JB sale. Perhaps until investigations clear that the horse is indeed Rhonda's and there are no liens or judgement that would muddy the sale the MHS is who is footing the bill.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

1 members found this post helpful.

It was my understanding that the stallion with the broken jaw was seized by AC, so AC is most likely going to have to pay the broken jaw bill and then wait until this plays out in court.

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    Don't forget lawyers to defend against the petition for mandamus and otherwise work the seizures. There is also an Administrative Law Judge involved and they don't come free.
    Lawyers for these agencies frequently do things probono or at significant discount. Can't comment on the judge.

If the MCHS wants to release the information that it has cost them over 10k in 4? days, they should probably give people a breakdown so they know where their donations are going. Or they should stop making comments to people on the interwebs who are not involved in the rescue/monitoring of these horses. And who stand to benefit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    From your response, it does not seem they are appreciative of the help though... Are they assuming the auction would cover all the expenses? Sorry, maybe it's the way you presented it, but it does not sit very well with me. I did donate directly to them FYI. I have a hard time believing that much for 4 animals, but ... one at Davis would probably create a big bill (that his owner should pay eventually, whomever that is!)
    I very rarely post on CotH as I consider that it is a pretty unpleasant place to be. Posts like that above; those of ponyponyponi and the ensuing spiels; the various "conspiracy theorist" posts that are now appearing; and a variety of other posts seen on this thread are good examples of why I consider it to be unpleasant.

Of course the Marin Humane Society have been very grateful for donations raised through the auction and through direct donations! Any suggestion to the contrary by anyone is petty and should be an embarrassment to the person suggesting otherwise if they think about what they have said! While I can only relay what MHS have said about the donations received (or projected to receive) through the auction and direct donations not covering the medical, rehabilitation and other expenses at the time of the discussion, I can safely say that I would highly doubt that they have any expectation that "the auction would cover all the expenses" - you astound me by even suggesting that might be their belief - nor have they intimated such. Humane Societies do not operate based upon expectation of income. They do what they can when it's needed.

The animals are the ones that are in need of attention here, not the various human beings that seem to be attempting to gain more attention. Please everyone, do what you can for the animals in whatever way you wish, and ignore the rest!

23 members found this post helpful.

RS is currently still at Davis I presume. They pretty well want at least $2500 depending on the nature of the injury/illness as soon as you walk in the door. A few days/week there can easily add up to $10k or more alone. RS has been there roughly 2+ weeks. His treatment alone is probably close to that if not more I'd guess.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    Look. Let me be VERY CLEAR HERE. You don't know what you are talking about (as usual). DO NOT respond to anything I say. I DO NOT want to have any engagement with you. Period.
    Well bless your soul Fine - sorry to know facts Laurie. Irritating I know - I am not responding to YOU okay - responding to bullcracky -
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

2 members found this post helpful.

All I can say is that I was very glad to be following this thread so I was brought to attention the amazing SOs and people who offered services to those wronged by JB, but at this point, I check every other day - to see if anything worth noting has been released - and no.. sadly.. more bickering. I'm disgusted.
    First and foremost about the horse.
    Rose Bud Ranch Sporthorses
    Like Us On Facebook!

7 members found this post helpful.

All of this petty back and forth is pointless and is going to get this thread locked sooner rather than later. Can we just focus on the auction and leave everything else?
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

8 members found this post helpful.

Voting that the thread be locked. This thread is unreal and viscous. It serves no purpose other than to damage the chances of actual animals mired in an actual situation to receive actual aid from real life people and agencies - who are working overtime trying to bring resolution. The situation is so much more complex and involved than most people here seem to comprehend.

12 members found this post helpful.