The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 176 of 224 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 4466

Editing out almost all of my post. A Cother pointed out it may be construed as tortious interference. I'm thinking my post is one of many that could be considered that, but I'm happy to oblige and do what is in my power to help and not hurt a cause I'm concerned about.

Here's what I'm not editing out:

... The best way to help is by being there for the fallout. Donating to the humane society, fostering horses, spreading the word for others to donate and foster. Donate to Marin. If you live in the area and can, foster horses. If you live in the area and can't foster a horse, free up some Marin resources and adopt or foster and dog or cat. When this whole ordeal is wrapping up, if it's needed, adopt the horses. ...
    Last edited by Twisted River; Jan. 12, 2013 at 03:33 PM.

6 members found this post helpful.

For those of you that want to help horses, please read this thread:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...00#post6776600

It shows what can truly happen and makes the JB case seem like nothing (excluding all her fraud issues).

This horses had NO ONE to come to their defense and have now all been removed to better places, but they will need help!

I hope some of you will reach out and do what you can.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ponyponyponi View Post
    And you know this how? What source you been getting YOUR information from?? Your posts are suspect. As I recall, you also sang praises about Jill's place when you were out there last spring. Methinks perhaps it is self-ingratiating. A way to hopefully make sure you were one that "did" get paid? Hmmm? No, lets DO keep the subject of Ronda at the forefront of this discussion right where she probably belongs.

Here's how I see it.

There are LOTS of people that are doing everything in their power to help rectify this mess NONE of which is their creation. There is an entire AUCTION dedicated to helping the cause and as far as I can tell, I don't see ANY of Rising Star's stallions donated to that. How odd? However, RSF has "heroically" *laughs sarcastically* swooped in and "rescued" Romantic Star from the evil hands of Jill Burnell/GFF. Gimme a break. Oh but wait - she's also represented by the SAME attorney as JB/GFF. Hmmm. I'm unsure as to why that should be disregarded as fact. WHY is that, do you think? Birds of a feather? And then she has the audacity to whine about not getting updates on Romantic Star from the Marin Humane Society. REALLY?? Why don't you call the vet that is allegedly claiming that Jill Burnell is taking GREAT care of those horses? Presumably they are also supporting the attorney in the attorney's claim that a stallion injured on one day can drop to a body score of ??? - apparently low enough to be seized - the next as a result of the injury! Lets not forget that please, the stallion apparently went from A HEALTHY CONDITION TO NEEDING TO BE SEIZED IN 10 DAYS! In fact, I'd like to get the name of that vet so that I can make sure that no one "I" know makes the mistake of using his/her services if it turns out to be more than alleged. Surely someone can provide us with that name? (off to go search through court documents) - Oh! Here we go. Dr. Cheryl Ellis, Foothill Mobile Veterinary Service 3281 Luneman Road, Placerville, CA 95667 - 530-622-0174. I certainly think she deserves some of those well deserved accolades. <rolling eyes>. Obviously another "hero" willing to go the extra mile for who? I have been loosely following this saga, but I saw that Rising Star Farm (Yep. Right there on Ms. Stavisky's Facebook wall!) had recently gotten a health cert for Romantic Star to be shipped, so his body condition must have been deemed suitable for the travel and yet suitable to be seized by a Humane Society and not returned by order of the Court when a writ is served? I think that says something about the stallion's condition and perhaps the alleged "health" certificate. Hopefully if that is the case, the signatory on the health certificate will also be investigated.

But, let's look at this a little bit further. By purchasing Romantic Star, she has essentially put funds into the "wonderful" JB/GFF's coffers and thereby assists the woman in continuing on her way of shouldering people out of money, foals, mares, breedings, etc. Yeah...Ronda is a "wonderful" person, isn't she. AMAZING! Worthy of all your glowing remarks. More like self-serving, self-agrandizing, conceited, self-absorbed and certainly villainous in this situation. She's lost ALL credibility in my eyes and I will question anyone that sees her as a hero in this. Who is she helping here? Really? The horses? The humane society? Jill Burnell? Ronda Stavisky? Who? Shame on her and anyone else attempting to sweep any of this under the rug for the sake of keeping Jill the star of this disgusting mess. She's as much a problem here as Jill.

The actual heroes in all of this are those people that HAVE gone above and beyond in trying to make this right. Anyone who has donated a penny, made suggestions, offered breeding services. The ones that get nothing out of this. Ronda Stavisky is NOT one of those and indeed has compounded the problem by essentially enabling and assisting the biggest crook of them all in this. Jill Burnell. Assisting her, sharing her same council, it stinks and you all know it.

Honesty doesn't always pay, but dishonesty always costs! And I think in this particular situation, it's cost Ms. Stavisky her reputation - as it should. I know I certainly won't be sending ANY of my mares or business her way and I'll make sure to suggest that there are other considerably more reputable stallion owners who have shown their true colors in this situation. Anyone looking for a breeding to a wonderful stallion, I would suggest that they look at the list of stallion owners that "have" contributed to the auction for Leg-Up and throw their resources to those that are proving that they are an asset to the sporthorse industry. Not some blood sucking leech that sucks the life force out of all that is right and good.
    Let's see. I have been posting with my true identity, and honestly, since 2000. I am a well known person by many people ( not a brag, just a fact). YOU are a brand new alter, with admittedly no knowledge of the situation. Hmmmm, who has the credibility here?

Nowhere did I ever post "glowingly" about what I observed of Jill's previous farm. I posted what I observed from being there for roughly two hours. Find the post and reread it.

I have no interest in trying to pursue Jill for the small amount she owes us. We have the horse.

How I know what I know is none of your business. The people here who know and trust me will take my word. You and Stella M who seem to only want to further drag the situation down, and tear down the reputation of an honorable stallion owner? I couldn't give a damn what you think.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

12 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ponyponyponi View Post
    No, what needs to happen is the horses need to be taken by Marin County, who have a very good reputation as it stands, who now have a darn good fundraiser behind them to help care for these animals. And who are the officials with the legal know how, and resources to care for them. Can you say the same? Who are you in this? Are you advocating we hand the horses over to any joe schmoe who offers? Because there may be no legal recourse for those individuals if things aren't done right. I understand your concern, but randomly scattering the horses to various "good homes" won't do them any good if they end up in the hands of the same shady business woman 6 months from now, will it?

Ronda hasn't been accused until now. When you choose to do business with dirty business people, that's your choice, but one should probably consider the reputation she may get in doing so. Guilt by association, and she is associated in a gross way. She's done nothing to defend or address the condition of RS, if I were her, I'd be jumping up and down in name of the horse (if that's what she's all about...right? The safety of the horse?) but she hasn't so much said a word. Not ONE to the safety and wellbeing of that animal. If this was for the good of the animal, the huge pregnant mares, the elderly, THEY would be the first out of there. For those screaming about the other stallion owners rolling in this glory...what does Ms. Stavisky have to gain from removing RS from Jill? Hmmmmm. Gosh. Hard to ponder.

HA! It appears to me the only feed money doing any good sits on a plate in front of that big screen tv. Pictures don't lie, do they.
    Why in the WORLD would Ronda or anyone else want to come on here to be attacked by the ever increasing lunacy that is this thread? No one in their right mind would do that.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

14 members found this post helpful.

Lets turn this thread around and make it a productive one once again. If you really want to help; donate funds, any supplies, and participate in the Auction to help Marin County stand a chance against Burnell in court and to further help them care for the horse's that Jill was not caring for. Sitting here bickering and making odd claims isn't helping anyone. I understand, we'd all like to know what's going on but give Marin County some time to develop a good case that will stand a chance in court- we'd ALL like to see them succeed!

Let's be realistic for a moment and say that if it was not for this thread and the extremely far reach it has had, it is highly unlikely that Marin Country would be involved and attempting to put a stop to Jill and her ongoing madness, fraudulent behavior, and her complete lack of care and compassion for the animals she has put in her care. Despite the moments where this thread has gone off-track, despite the minor "melt-downs" throughout, this thread on Chronicle of the Horse has done great things.

The original person, a relative of Jills, voluntarily came on these boards with photographic evidence to share with the world. Proof, once and for all, how shady the business really was; after her website and for-sale photos painted this picture that everyting was well and dandy and all the horses were living in proper conditions and semen was being processed in proper conditions. If it wasn't for the quick thinking on the original poster's behalf, it's unlikely that Jill would even be in the middle of an investigation right now. Hundreds of people involved in the hunter/jumper and show world have been crying out for help in the matters of Gray Fox Farm and Jill Burnell for years now; and FINALLY a step has been taken in the right direction

I've sat here and witnessed an amazing amount of generosity and people organizing and fighting for the common good of those who have been affected by Jills fraudulent behavior. The horse industry here in America is well aware of what she has been doing (and getting away with it!) for the past several years....proof of that acknowledgement is in the donations of semen, items, and Stallion services for the auctions to benefit Marin County and the court case they have against her. Proof is in the numerous Stallion owners who have stood up and donated their stallion and a breeding to those who were left out of a lot money, out of a breeding and out in the cold by Gray Fox Farm

Everyone is so quick to jump on the keyboard and click the "Post Reply" button. I admit; I've been there too. Sit back, relax, and donate your time, funds and supplies if Marin County needs it. That's about the only thing you can personal do to help at this point. Sitting on the forum bickering and sending this thread off course is not helping anyone. Let's keep this thread a productive one; a thread that is going to aid in the continued help for these horses and those who have been burned by Gray Fox Farm.

8 members found this post helpful.

Pretty important correction...

The articles have been corrected to reflect that Jill Burnell and Ronda Stavisky are not represented by the same attorney. That was in one of the articles early on, but apparently is not true.

I'd be surprised if Rising Star didn't retain counsel of her own however, and they have instructed her to not discuss the matter. That's usually how things like that go. Even if she didn't hire an attorney or the attorney didn't say not to talk about it, what good would it do? She doesn't really have any obligation to COTH to talk about the particulars of the sale. I'm sure it will all come out in the end anyway.

13 members found this post helpful.

Since it was a quote that came from Ms. Weems (that Ronda Stavinsky is/was also a client), is there any recourse there on her? Say...I don't know, something akin to perjury?

Its an honest question. I really don't know. The only thin on that I DO know is the reporters would not have been able to quote Weems without an actual quote.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    That info. was included in the ratemyhorsepro article.
    Daventry insisted it was in COTH. It no longer appears in that article or in RMHP as noted by Dazednconfused. And skydy, Rate My Horse is the 'People Magazine' of the horse industry. Surely you know better than to believe everything in those rags. Or maybe not...

And if Lauriep says she knowledge of the situation I'd be inclined to accept what she has to say.
    Fan of Sea Accounts

4 members found this post helpful.

While I agree that virtually any home would be better than remaining with Jill I do think there is an extremely good chance she is doing more hiding of horses than legit rehoming and that the horses would be better off in the long run if they had someone sane choosing their next home ie MHS. I also think the name calling and allegations being thrown back and forth deflect attention from where it belongs which is squarely on Jill Burnell's shoulders. It was one thing when she just had human victims, it has gone to another level now and we need to make sure we don't interfere with justice being done for the animal's sake.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by daisycutter87 View Post
    Lets turn this thread around and make it a productive one once again. If you really want to help; donate funds, any supplies, and participate in the Auction to help Marin County.
    ^^^^THIS!!

and

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Bob View Post
    Thank you for mentioning the fundraising. Please spread the word in your local horse community. If we all pitch a little, we can make all the difference. Its the soon to foal mares that need the safety net we can provide. Marin is watching - and we can support them.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...Humane-Society

If anyone has a few extra dollars, COTHers have been asked by the Harrisburg Humane Society to help the 26 Morgans seized, which is outstripping the HHS capacity for funds. Not to divert, but the situation is very serious and the first news report is now out.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...ghlight=morgan

Waiting for real news on the Marin situation is difficult - but the power of COTHers to make right is awesome. We have that to work with. Who doesn't love COTH magic?
    ^^^^^THIS!

I swear this mess is draining the life force out of me. I cannot tell you how many hours that have been spent behind the scenes organizing the auction, setting it up, asking for donations, posting information up, etc. And we have several people to thank for that. You people KNOW who you are!

I am NOT happy about some of the things that have transpired. But, I can't change that. What is done is done. So, if we can't change the past, maybe just maybe, we can do something about the future. I'm putting my faith and money and energy towards who I KNOW are the good guys in this - Marin Humane Society. To that end, we are still accepting donations for items, breedings, services, etc. We have been overwhelmed by the community and have been thrilled by the response and generosity. This has been a smear on the industry as a whole and in particular sport horse breeding. I think it's safe to say that we are ALL angry, but I would prefer channeling that energy productively. People tend to remember the negative about things, but lets TRY and make this so overwhelmingly positive that it eclipses the bad juju here!

To that end, surely there is something in the auction that you NEED !!! And without further ado - here's the items that are closing this evening!

Starting: Sat Jan 12 21:10:00 2013

Sat Jan 12 21:10:00 2013 EST or 5 minutes after last bid 1 Breeding to the Weser Ems stallion, Bodyguard
    Sat Jan 12 21:25:00 2013 EST or 5 minutes after last bid 1 Breeding to the Hanoverian Stallion, Escapade
    Sat Jan 12 21:40:00 2013 EST or 5 minutes after last bid 1 Breeding to the Welsh Mountain Pony, Section "A" Stallion, My-Mar Dunvegin
    Sat Jan 12 21:55:00 2013 EST or 5 minutes after last bid 1 Breeding to the Perlino Czech Warmblood Stallion, Sagar
    Sat Jan 12 22:10:00 2013 EST or 5 minutes after last bid 1 dose of Grand Cru Frozen semen
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

There are LOTS of people that are doing everything in their power to help rectify this mess NONE of which is their creation. There is an entire AUCTION dedicated to helping the cause and as far as I can tell, I don't see ANY of Rising Star's stallions donated to that. How odd? However, RSF has "heroically" *laughs sarcastically* swooped in and "rescued" Romantic Star from the evil hands of Jill Burnell/GFF. Gimme a break. Oh but wait - she's also represented by the SAME attorney as JB/GFF. Hmmm. I'm unsure as to why that should be disregarded as fact. WHY is that, do you think? Birds of a feather? And then she has the audacity to whine about not getting updates on Romantic Star from the Marin Humane Society. REALLY??
    I find it absolutely baffling that people are trashing Ronda. She doesn't have the horse, doesn't apparently have access to the horse, nor can she get information about the horse that she bought, paid for, arranged shipping--all of which I would imagine she finds terribly disturbing.
    If I were in her shoes, the last thing I would want to do is rock a boat--including participating in the fundraising efforts. What if JB saw that as sabotage and hid the horse or sold him to someone else while pocketing RSF's check (if she were to get him back)? She's certainly capable of it as she's shown previously.
    I don't find Ronda's actions questionable at all, I find them to be quite smart and indicative of character. She likely knows the stallion, LIKES the stallion, and saw an opportunity to get him out of a crap hole.

16 members found this post helpful.

The attorney situation certainly seemed unusual and I'm glad they have corrected.
    (I exchanged PMs with Rising Star Farm when her name was first brought up in this thread).
    I hope that this mess can be resolved soon and I am glad that Romantic Star will have a great home when he recovers.

EquineReproduction you are a star, all of those who have worked so hard putting this auction together deserve our thanks and support!

ETA Ratemyhorse pro has not corrected..
    Last edited by skydy; Jan. 12, 2013 at 03:50 PM.

I'm glad the articles have been corrected re: the lawyer. I admit I had a ???!!! reaction when I first saw that RSF was doing business with JB, but I'm willing to give RSF the benefit of the doubt until something is proven otherwise. RSF's posts both here and on Facebook over the years have been nothing but professional and aboveboard (as far as I know/remember). I think the timing is the biggest issue of all, and as the saying goes, the truth is sometimes stranger than fiction. I just hope RSF saw Romantic Star in person before she bought him and fully understood the situation she was getting into...although on the 17th she probably wouldn't have realized this was going to blow up as soon as or as big as it did once MHS started seizing horses. Or that RS would be one of the horses seized.

I also agree that RSF's lawyer is likely telling her to make no public comments on pending legal matters...that is standard (and smart). Her earlier FB post was probably vetted by her lawyers prior to being posted. I hope she only had good intentions (if somewhat lacking in sense and forethought), and if so, that her business is not harmed in the long run. As another saying goes...if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.... Either way hopefully RS recovers and spends the rest of his days well cared for in a good, proper home.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

This cutie needs a bid or two. Come on, someone out there must want a lovely half Welsh pony or horse foal running around their pastures in 2014 or beyond. http://www.legup-auction.org/cgi-bin...tem=1358130300
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

3 members found this post helpful.

This is how you can help - please share the auction info on your local equestrian facebook pages and in your barns.

Can you please report here where you have posted? We can begin to see what communities have been notified and look for others to reach out to.

I am not a writer by any stretch - so please improve - but here is a ready-to-repost statement.

Marin County Horse seizure case donations needed

Marin Humane Society needs help in a case involving an estimated 24-30 horses, including many pregnant mares. Four horses have been seized from Gray Fox Farm, a warmblood breeder, and an investigation is on-going. Foaling season is coming and legal and care costs are significant. Equestrians nationwide have joined to donate stallion breedings, items and cash. Please join us - every little bit helps.

Marin County horse fund raiser:
    http://www.leg-up.org/marin-county-f...tion-page.html

Auction page:
    http://www.legup-auction.org/main
    Last edited by Justa Bob; Jan. 12, 2013 at 03:58 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Cites/sites, please. It's not been corrected on ratemyhorsepro.com that I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazednconfused View Post

The articles have been corrected to reflect that Jill Burnell and Ronda Stavisky are not represented by the same attorney. That was in one of the articles early on, but apparently is not true.

I'd be surprised if Rising Star didn't retain counsel of her own however, and they have instructed her to not discuss the matter. That's usually how things like that go. Even if she didn't hire an attorney or the attorney didn't say not to talk about it, what good would it do? She doesn't really have any obligation to COTH to talk about the particulars of the sale. I'm sure it will all come out in the end anyway.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

These sources have been notified about the Leg-Up - Marin County horse fund raiser:

Brent Ainsworth - Novato Patch. He was thanked for his several reports

Marin Indepedent Journal - also thanked for reporting

Marin Horse Council - thanked for their posts about the MSH seizure, hopefully they will share the Leg-Up fund raiser. Also noted that auction item donations are being accepted.

The Horse.com - thanked for coverage

Included in the request to publicize the fund raiser:
    Highlighting the story of equestrians united nationwide to raise funds for the Marin County horses - its really cool! Also added information about mares ready to foal, Marin HS monitoring the deprivation of the mares and the winter conditions without shelter during foaling season. Plus the generous stallion owners donating breedings.

Sorry - obviously my posts are thread killers. Hopefully spreading the word will result in fund raising.

7 members found this post helpful.

Justa Bob, you're great. It makes me all warm and fuzzy to see so many COTHers
    spring into action for the benefit of these unfortunate horses.

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    Cites/sites, please. It's not been corrected on ratemyhorsepro.com that I can see.
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/...-gray-fox-farm

http://www.marinij.com/novato/ci_223...chileno-valley

http://www.marinij.com/novato/ci_223...ce=most_viewed

Same with Patch too...

http://novato.patch.com/articles/2-m...reeder-s-ranch

RMHP may not have been updated but every other article has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazednconfused View Post

Good lord, an entire page stating the articles have been changed. Did anybody actually go back to those articles and check before posting it on COTH? Show me in the two articles below where the information has been corrected?

Dazednconfused, the articles you posted above never did site that information in the first place. That information was not posted in every article out there. The two articles below were the ones that originally stated it, and they have not been recently edited.

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post

From Rate My Horse Pro:
    "A warmblood breeder for years, Burnell's Gray Fox Farm lists the stallions Redwine, Romantic Star, Federalist, and Aloha. According to Ronda Stavisky, she purchased Romantic Star prior to his injury and seizure from Burnell. She says she is unaware of the horse's present condition. Weems is also representing Stavisky."

http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/c...ues-arise.aspx

Also found it in this article:
    "Weems, whose office is in Fairfax, said she also represents a Georgia woman who bought the stallion and was waiting for it to be shipped before it was injured and confiscated."
    http://www.marinij.com/novato/ci_22327901?source=pkg
    Please, donate to the auction or to Marin Humane Society if you are interested in helping!
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com