The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 170 of 224 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 4466
    Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

This is so miserable! As for dealings with JB prior to the fall from grace? Ugh. Known for a long time what was up! And poor RS. A nut case far as I could tell from my VA days and now aged, not well and wheeling and dealing behind the scenes? May he retire with grace! As for others? May the mares get soft landings, aloha gelded, federalist retired and RW? There are fans and non fans ...as said, whatever works for your own breeding program. But what a travesty. As ysomeone who knew of this person Pre her morphing into a "hunter breeder"? There has been profound decline in every way.
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    And poor RS. A nut case far as I could tell from my VA days and now aged, not well and wheeling and dealing behind the scenes? May he retire with grace!
    Having met RS, he is anything but a nutcase.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    May the mares get soft landings, aloha gelded, federalist retired and RW? .
    Why do you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    Having met RS, he is anything but a nutcase.
    I actually think she meant Jill, not the horse.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Kenike View Post
    I actually think she meant Jill, not the horse.
    I'm guessing by her VA days she meant she'd seen the horse when she lived in VA. No question Jill is a nutcase, but I'm not reading it that way.

Agree that Aloha needs to be gelded. Very limited scope wise (3 foot is a struggle), small, rotten temperament, and so on. Federalist is basically infertile from what's been said on this board and I fear he will end up meeting a not so nice fate. He does not deserve that, none of them do.

Another take on the " Blingy and Black" syndrome in general,, Blingy and black attracts attention. If u took a poll, many wish for blingy and black, so the color is very easy to market. ESPECIALLY when the foal is out of a good mare with a long performance history herself..

I feel Redwine has had the opportunity to breed to more top mares for the hunters than most stallions in the USA (in part because of his bling and the huge marketing campaign) .. hence he BETTER have a reputation for quality offspring.. or he would have a rep for pulling down a good mare.

no sour grapes. just an opinion about the breeding world..
    "It's not how good you ride, It's how good your horse covers for you." -Kristan
    Magic Rose Farm- home of Beste Gold & Hot Shot
    Beste Gold & Offspring on Facebook
    Magic Rose Farm Warmbloods on FB

Geez what happened to Kathy's wonderful idea to stick to helping the horses? If certain people would like to discuss the merits of various stallions how bout a new thread? Stallions we would like to see gelded. (some people spayed or neutered) I can think of quite a few.

Magic if you want to opine on the breeding world, does that mean we should have a discussion of your stallions? The thread title is beware of dealing with Jill Burnell, not let's pick on suffering stallions.

11 members found this post helpful.

Amen.

I let Elke at Windswept Farms (breeders and prior owners of Federalist) know about the situation with Jill and she was going to get in touch with the contact from the humane society to try and make sure Federalist finds a soft place to land if needed.

27 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo1998 View Post
    I let Elke at Windswept Farms (breeders and prior owners of Federalist) know about the situation with Jill and she was going to get in touch with the contact from the humane society to try and make sure Federalist finds a soft place to land if needed.
    Awesome!

Fantastic!

Anyone notice that several of the inutero 2013 foals with foal dates on the Nursery page are sold to "Heidi of California" .....
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

ok,I really want those Art Deco earrings, and I've always wanted an ear bonnet in "my" colors. You guys just keep on fighting amongst yourselves about who's dissing who and which stallion does, or doesn't, have any talent. That way you'll stay away from the auction.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

10 members found this post helpful.

What a bunch of hypocrites ~ half of you were behind JB and her stallions for years! If you want me to call you all out I will ~ Enough already!

I am glad that Ronda is getting Romantic Star once he heals from his broken jaw and serious malnutrition. Even if he never breeds again, at least he is in a great place. Period the end! Three Cheers for Rising Star Farm and her program!

We have Galileo1998 who I believe helped facilitate JB getting Federalist in the first place letting the prior owners Elke at Windswept Farms know about his current situation ~ so nice of you ~

I think it is a disgrace that instead of putting your resources and directing your negative energy and comments... oh forget it.... If you each have a mirror look in it and honestly tell yourselves what you see.

Donate to the cause http://www.leg-up.org/marin-county-f...tion-page.html

Why are stallion owners and breeders so jealous and spiteful... I'll bet if most of you had the resources you would be going after Redwine & Aloha since so many bred to them at one point or another anyway. Personally I am with 3Dogs and think that gelding them is not a bad idea.

Can we start hearing about to good coming out of this horrific saga....
    ~ Bill Rube ~
    http://www.bydesignfarm.com
    Check us out on Facebook

17 members found this post helpful.

Thank You SilverBalls.

Everyone--please donate to the cause and help these horses rather than hovering over your keyboards wringing your hands and waiting for the next 'fact' to pounce upon with glee.
    Proud scar wearing member of the Bold, Banned and Bitchen clique

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaff2 View Post
    Thank You SilverBalls.

Everyone--please donate to the cause and help these horses rather than hovering over your keyboards wringing your hands and waiting for the next 'fact' to pounce upon with glee.
    ~ Bill Rube ~
    Check us out on Facebook

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBalls View Post
    What a bunch of hypocrites ~ half of you were behind JB and her stallions for years! If you want me to call you all out I will ~ Enough already!

I am glad that Ronda is getting Romantic Star once he heals from his broken jaw and serious malnutrition. Even if he never breeds again, at least he is in a great place. Period the end! Three Cheers for Rising Star Farm and her program!

We have Galileo1998 who I believe helped facilitate JB getting Federalist in the first place letting the prior owners Elke at Windswept Farms know about his current situation ~ so nice of you ~

I think it is a disgrace that instead of putting your resources and directing your negative energy and comments... oh forget it.... If you each have a mirror look in it and honestly tell yourselves what you see.

Donate to the cause http://www.leg-up.org/marin-county-f...tion-page.html

Why are stallion owners and breeders so jealous and spiteful... I'll bet if most of you had the resources you would be going after Redwine & Aloha since so many bred to them at one point or another anyway. Personally I am with 3Dogs and think that gelding them is not a bad idea.

Can we start hearing about to good coming out of this horrific saga....
    Bill,
    I honestly don’t know how you wade through all of this and remember who’s who. We get lost in it all, and have never really kept track of the posters here on COTH, unless we know them personally or have had some direct interaction with them. Just wanted to say that I agree with so much of what you are saying here. I hope there are lessons learned and that we all take a step back and review how this mess came to be, in the hopes that it not happen again.
    -Elaine

3 members found this post helpful.

Thanks Elaine ~ It is very easy for me to keep track. I am very supportive of NA Breeders and have seen many come and go, reinvent themselves, and turn on each other like junkyard dogs.
    I feel very bad for those who have offspring from these stallions as all this negative attention has people turning the other way at the mere mention of their progeny's sire. Many are coming of age to perform, so hopefully that will help.
    ~ Bill Rube ~
    Check us out on Facebook

Silver Balls - if by "helped facilitate" Jill's purchase of Federalist 4-5 years ago, you mean I went to the sale and said "yep, he looks like a nice horse" to Jill, who I thought was a nice, normal person at that time then yes, that was my level of involvement. How nice for you that you've never been wrong in your opinion of someone. Elke appreciated me letting her know and that's all that matters to me.

15 members found this post helpful.

Silver Balls - if by "helped facilitate" Jill's purchase of Federalist 4-5 years ago, you mean I went to the sale and said "yep, he looks like a nice horse" to Jill, who I thought was a nice, normal person at that time then yes, that was my level of involvement. How nice for you that you've never been wrong in your opinion of someone. Elke appreciated me letting her know and that's all that matters to me.
    Shauna ~ we all make mistakes and I can understand your remorse. But now you can rest easy since you informed the previous stallion owner. Sigh....

Don't forget to donate to Leg-Up!
    ~ Bill Rube ~
    Check us out on Facebook