The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 165 of 224 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 4466

When I read about the sale of romantic star my first thought was .. "Why did I - as a breeding contract holder to this stallion - not receive notification of said sale?

Fishy.
    First and foremost about the horse.
    Rose Bud Ranch Sporthorses
    Like Us On Facebook!

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Home Again Farm View Post
    stallion owners are entitled to opinions and to being outraged by what they see as injustices, just as much as mare owners, buyers and others who have witnessed this debacle.
    I think (my opinion) that stallion owners have even more right to be outraged because what she has been doing puts a cloud over the whole industry. Mare owners now have to really wonder if the stallion owner they are contacting does business like JB or are they more honest and have a clean lab, etc.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueColours View Post
    Oh Good Lord horsenut / Jill ... the "jealous competing stallion owner" again

You need to start singing a new tune. This one defines who has made the post every single time ... ... no matter WHAT the user name is ...
    Seriously True Colours?

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueColours View Post
    Oh Good Lord horsenut / Jill ... the "jealous competing stallion owner" again

You need to start singing a new tune. This one defines who has made the post every single time ... ... no matter WHAT the user name is ...
    AGREE!!!

I haven't been on COTH too long in the scheme of things, but long enough to have read hundreds (maybe thousands) of different posts. I am particularly interested in the Sport Horse Breeding threads. I NEVER read posts or threads in which users are bashing others' stallions. Users try to guide others in their stallion choices and use first hand experience. Unless I'm seriously misreading the motives in people's posts, I've never seen anyone doing the "jealous" bashing and hidden "agenda" that Jill's suspected alters keep reiterating.

Does Jill really think her 1 farm and 4 stallions pose such a threat to the international breeding market? With frozen semen, horse breeders have access to millions of different stallions, does she think Stallion Owner A feels so threatened by Redwine they have to get her out of business. Stallion owners in Germany get hundreds of breedings with their stallions! If Stallion Owner A should feel threatened by anyone it would NOT be GFF! Even if Aloha gets 100 breedings this season, that's probably .01% of the total North American breedings this year. (in the sake of fairness, I obviously made that % up and don't know what it would actually be)

If any of the suspected alters are actually Jill, I have to say she is spectacularly and clinically narcissistic.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    I think (my opinion) that stallion owners have even more right to be outraged because what she has been doing puts a cloud over the whole industry. Mare owners now have to really wonder if the stallion owner they are contacting does business like JB or are they more honest and have a clean lab, etc.
    I agree wholeheartedly that stallion owners should be and are outraged, it really does make every mare owner do a little more research before doing business.

My point is that you have stallion owners now trying to insinuate that the woman who supposedly is/has purchased a stallion they were so concerned about, is not capable of handling the situation. Despite the fact that several reputable people have come on saying that she is quite capable. That says sour grapes more than concern for the stallions. And I keep thinking we are concerned for the stallions right?

What we need here is a double agent. Any of you ex FBI, MI5, CIA, SIS, Navy Seal, Barney Fife, anything?
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    This is not a particularly hospitable bunch here, so I can understand Ronda not wanting to post her business here. She has been a well respected breeder and stallion owner for a number of years. If RS is truly going to end up with her, it is a good thing. None of us know why she is doing what she is doing. Let it play out. There may be a reason.
    This deserves being repeated.

11 members found this post helpful.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    This is not a particularly hospitable bunch here, so I can understand Ronda not wanting to post her business here. She has been a well respected breeder and stallion owner for a number of years. If RS is truly going to end up with her, it is a good thing. None of us know why she is doing what she is doing. Let it play out. There may be a reason.
    These are wise words you speak. All I can think about this mess is that if anyone wanted to do the right thing by any one of those animals, it appears no good deed will go unpunished.

As for the poster who said this:

I was just on Rising Star's facebook page which is extremely active with lots of photos, high end Stallion ad's, etc. A new up and coming horse business which is highly based off of horses from Jill's
    RS is hardly a new operation and I think the bloodlines being crafted in the broodmare band are less an influence of another breeder and far more appropriate to the stallions standing there and the promotion of solid jumper lines. Are you sure you are not confusing RS with Rising Phoenix?
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    My point is that you have stallion owners now trying to insinuate that the woman who supposedly is/has purchased a stallion they were so concerned about, is not capable of handling the situation. If anyone stated she's wan incapable of handling the stallion, you really should post your reply quoting them. I don't recall reading such statements Despite the fact that several reputable people have come on saying that she is quite capable. Yes, that is accurate, everyone praised her ability to care for the stallion. What people are questioning is the timing and motives of the possible sale.
    My response in bold

2 members found this post helpful.

I agree with confusing Rising Star (mostly stallions) and Rising Phoenix (mostly mares). The RIsing in both names could lead to confusion.... I did it myself at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted River View Post
    AGREE!!!

I haven't been on COTH too long in the scheme of things, but long enough to have read hundreds (maybe thousands) of different posts. I am particularly interested in the Sport Horse Breeding threads. I NEVER read posts or threads in which users are bashing others' stallions. Users try to guide others in their stallion choices and use first hand experience. Unless I'm seriously misreading the motives in people's posts, I've never seen anyone doing the "jealous" bashing and hidden "agenda" that Jill's suspected alters keep reiterating.

Does Jill really think her 1 farm and 4 stallions pose such a threat to the international breeding market? With frozen semen, horse breeders have access to millions of different stallions, does she think Stallion Owner A feels so threatened by Redwine they have to get her out of business. Stallion owners in Germany get hundreds of breedings with their stallions! If Stallion Owner A should feel threatened by anyone it would NOT be GFF! Even if Aloha gets 100 breedings this season, that's probably .01% of the total North American breedings this year. (in the sake of fairness, I obviously made that % up and don't know what it would actually be)

If any of the suspected alters are actually Jill, I have to say she is spectacularly and clinically narcissistic.
    ok swear last time I will say this. Twisted, I was referring to people who are already negatively trying to attack Rising Star saying they wouldn't touch that stallion or she must be in cahoots with Jill, or she can't handle a stallion that might have been exposed to an EVA stallion. All sorts of assumptions. Oh now she's not speaking, must be rethinking, NO she's silent because she is just a cover for Jill. Do you realize how silly all the speculation looks? Because as Laurie said if I were Ronda I would sure as he** not come on here and let you know what is going on because SOME would not see the truth if it bit them on the nose. I could say it's sunny outside and somehow that would be me defending Jill. Geez.

4 members found this post helpful.

As DMK just said, I don't think this is a case of sour grapes, it's people confusing Rising Star Farm and Rising Pheonix Warmbloods. The supposed buyer is from Rising Star (http://www.risingstarfarm.net/). The person who bought a bunch of mares from JB is Rising Phoenix Warmbloods. They are located in Missouri.
    Last edited by Jack16; Jan. 10, 2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Wrong info.

Fixed. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Home Again Farm View Post
    Horsenut, surely, you know that JB was able to continue with her non-payment for services and goods and other misrepresentations for as long as she has because so many people tended to think that anyone raising an objection was doing so because of sour grapes, jealousy or a sense of competition. here's a news item - stallion owners are entitled to opinions and to being outraged by what they see as injustices, just as much as mare owners, buyers and others who have witnessed this debacle. What is sad as that what began as failure to pay or to fulfill contracts has now descended into a different realm, where animals are suffering, not just pocketbooks.
    And this has what? to do with people attacking Rising Star for wanting to purchase Romantic Star? I respect your operation so am disappointed to think you would condone the attack by several on Rising Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted River View Post
    My response in bold
    my response in bold (copied from isse's post)
    As far as the stallion owner who purports to have purchased Romantic Star. It shocks me that any stallion owner would want to move any horse - better yet a stallion from a situation like this - where there is one stallion that sheds - without a strict quarantine before shipping. I never cease to be amazed at this horror story. My heart aches for all the horses caught in this ponzi scheme gone bad.

You don't think Rising Star's ability is being questioned?

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    And this has what? to do with people attacking Rising Star for wanting to purchase Romantic Star? I respect your operation so am disappointed to think you would condone the attack by several on Rising Star.
    Your tantrum is doing a fine job of twisting things.

I do not read anything like what you are proclaiming.

I read there is worry that RSF might have hurt their reputation by the timing of this purchase. I read that there is worry that RSF might not even know their name is being tossed around. I read that RSF has nice stallions and a great operation.
    I also read people who have contracts for breedings to this stallion wondering why they were not informed about the new location/sale.

Horsenut, perhaps you're unaware, but Romantic Star, Aloha, and Federalist have ALL been exposed to EVA as Redwine carries and is a known shedder of it. It was a legitimate concern that even a shipper would like to know (so no others would be transported with the exposed animal and a thorough disinfecting could take place after transport).

I didn't see anyone say they wouldn't use the stallion or the allegedly new owner farm. I see a LOT of questions that I tend to believe will be answered when the time is right. It's very difficult to believe a farm with as good a reputation as RSF would take themselves down with an overly shady transaction.

Perhaps Ronda really doesn't know she's been pulled into this??
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

Horsenut93136, LaurieP was not criticising Rising Star at all in her posts, IMO she was just stating facts regarding the current situation for the stallions at JB's place, and how those issues would relate to the "alleged sale" of Romantic Star.

I read nothing bashing at all about her explanations.

Ronda has posted on another thread on Jan. 7... I doubt she does not know but can totally understand her silence on this thread.

6 members found this post helpful.