The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 159 of 224 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 4466

Any update from Cris regarding the colt that Jill allegedly sold out from underneath her and cancelled her vet appointment, etc?

1 members found this post helpful.

And she was never bred. I know this for a fact.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    It is Devil's Sis. COTH needs to edit their article.
    I'd sent them a message about that this morning with the link to the GFF page for Devil's Sis this morning, and they edited it later and then added that based on paperwork it's Devils Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempi.Change View Post
    Any update from Cris regarding the colt that Jill allegedly sold out from underneath her and cancelled her vet appointment, etc?
    Is that the same horse as this one that came up on a google search or another one entirely?
    http://www.horseshowdiva.com/viewtop...&t=2666#p37053
    "Apparently, all of Jill Burnell's craziness and frauds have finally caught up with her. There is a big thread over on Crotch. I know, sorry, but I went over there because a friend of mine bought a foal from Jill recently that Jill sold to someone else before my friend could get from PA to TX to get it and I just heard from a few people about the thread."

Regarding the people who are allegedly "helping" JB by having her horses put in their name: wouldn't that make them accessories to whatever JB is found to be guilty of ? Conspiring to defraud ? Likely to be prosecuted ?
    It would seem like anybody with half a brain would stay clear of this kind of con artist !

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 216 Jumper View Post
    Is that the same horse as this one that came up on a google search or another one entirely?
    http://www.horseshowdiva.com/viewtop...&t=2666#p37053
    "Apparently, all of Jill Burnell's craziness and frauds have finally caught up with her. There is a big thread over on Crotch. I know, sorry, but I went over there because a friend of mine bought a foal from Jill recently that Jill sold to someone else before my friend could get from PA to TX to get it and I just heard from a few people about the thread."

Looks like it, as if I recall correctly, Cris was from PA. Last I saw/heard, Jill responded to a post that Cris made on Jill's FB page, and basically said Cris never paid for anything, and that the colt is with his new owners. I was just curious how it turned out.

If she has 30 horses on 38 acres of land, she's in violation of the land use code. Marin County zoning is 2 acres per horse on agricultural use land. If she says she's building on land without an approved septic, that means it's zoned for agricultural use, only, and she can't live there. Marin County is very strict regarding permits, environmental health, stream protection, etc. She may be in violation of all sorts of codes, it depends on what her deed says is allowed on that property. Does she even have a working well on the property? How is she providing water for the horses? Lots of other questions that aren't under Marin Humane Society's juristdiction, but are under other departments of the county.

6 members found this post helpful.

lauriep
    And she was never bred. I know this for a fact.
    Apparently Jill shipped her to CO. Her 2011 foal was one of the dead ones I saw.

I'd sent them a message about that this morning with the link to the GFF page for Devil's Sis this morning, and they edited it later and then added that based on paperwork it's Devils Miss.
    Sounds like Marin neds to correct their paperwork then.

As for the double sold foal, here is the screen shot again of Jill admitting she double sold it. https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...68137973_n.jpg

I have just finished reading all 159 pages of this thread, and most of the links (some wouldn't open). It's taken me several days. I've come away with an intense revulsion for the activities of JB and her supporters, and a profound respect for those who have been touched by her brand of evil, and those of you who have stepped up to the plate to offer assistance.

I am not even remotely involved in this branch of equestrianism. I am a Shire owner/former breeder, and an avid owner of 2 very rare Baudet du Poitou donkeys. I have seen examples of "JB-esque" behaviour when I was very active in the dog fancy, but nothing to the extent of JB's brand of twisted deceit.

Here are a few of my observations gleaned from this thread:

JB's chief enabler is the USEF. A registry which doesn't require DNA? Which awards points for a single horse in a class? Which allows horse name changes? No wonder this is JB's registry of choice.

I wonder if Equine Driver was the conduit between CoTH BB and JB, feeding her the list of owners/buyers/lessees who were seeking restitution. Any news on his/her whereabouts?

I was more concerned that the horses and foals in JB's "care" were unable to shelter from the sun, intense heat and flies...the rain be damned!

I noticed that nothing was mentioned regarding the amount of dung and/or its removal in the small, dusty pens in Petaluma. It must have been monumental with so many horses in such diminutive enclosures. Which leads me to wonder...

Did the dead foals die of Rhabdococcus equi and/or heat prostration? Surely they were in a perfect environment for both conditions.

Where was the long fibre essential to the health of all equines, particularly actively performing stallions and in-foal/lactating mares? Assuming JB was feeding the horses, if their diet was predicated primarily on grain, it's no wonder wood was being eaten by several of them. The acid produced by a high grain/high carbohydrate diet is a precursor to ulcers, particularly in those horses' compromised environment.

My son lives in Marin and said the MHS does take animal welfare very seriously. Have there been any updates on their investigation?

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    Apparently Jill shipped her to CO. Her 2011 foal was one of the dead ones I saw.

She was sent to a vet there for embryo transfers, she never paid him so he declared her abandoned. Apparently under CO law, abandoned horses must be auctioned. Vet did this, bought her back (clear title) and resold her to a good home. This is what I was told by someoe close to that situation.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    She was sent to a vet there for embryo transfers, she never paid him so he declared her abandoned. Apparently under CO law, abandoned horses must be auctioned. Vet did this, bought her back (clear title) and resold her to a good home. This is what I was told by someoe close to that situation.
    Happy to know she's in a good home and away from JB!

Quote Originally Posted by RutlandH2O View Post
    I have just finished reading all 159 pages of this thread, and most of the links (some wouldn't open). It's taken me several days. I've come away with an intense revulsion for the activities of JB and her supporters, and a profound respect for those who have been touched by her brand of evil, and those of you who have stepped up to the plate to offer assistance.

I am not even remotely involved in this branch of equestrianism. I am a Shire owner/former breeder, and an avid owner of 2 very rare Baudet du Poitou donkeys. I have seen examples of "JB-esque" behaviour when I was very active in the dog fancy, but nothing to the extent of JB's brand of twisted deceit.

Here are a few of my observations gleaned from this thread:

JB's chief enabler is the USEF. A registry which doesn't require DNA? Which awards points for a single horse in a class? Which allows horse name changes? No wonder this is JB's registry of choice.

I wonder if Equine Driver was the conduit between CoTH BB and JB, feeding her the list of owners/buyers/lessees who were seeking restitution. Any news on his/her whereabouts?

I was more concerned that the horses and foals in JB's "care" were unable to shelter from the sun, intense heat and flies...the rain be damned!

I noticed that nothing was mentioned regarding the amount of dung and/or its removal in the small, dusty pens in Petaluma. It must have been monumental with so many horses in such diminutive enclosures. Which leads me to wonder...

Did the dead foals die of Rhabdococcus equi and/or heat prostration? Surely they were in a perfect environment for both conditions.

Where was the long fibre essential to the health of all equines, particularly actively performing stallions and in-foal/lactating mares? Assuming JB was feeding the horses, if their diet was predicated primarily on grain, it's no wonder wood was being eaten by several of them. The acid produced by a high grain/high carbohydrate diet is a precursor to ulcers, particularly in those horses' compromised environment.

My son lives in Marin and said the MHS does take animal welfare very seriously. Have there been any updates on their investigation?
    Let me preface this by saying NONE OF MY RESPONSE IS MEANT TO EXCUSE JILL, but rather to educate a foreigner...

USEF is not a registry like you are thinking of. It is our national governing body and is event centered, not breeding centered. Horses are recorded with them for the purposes of showing and, for some, accumulating HOTY points. Owners, trainers, coaches must also join to show, or pay a non-member fee at each show. They have a huge problem with tracking horses because they don't care.

Shelter was/is indeed an issue.

Jill lived in a residential area. Manure had to be put in large dumpsters and hauled away. Same with any dead animals. Typical for many areas of our country in high population densities.

I was told one foal never thrived from birth, and the other sustained an injury (broken neck from getting under fence?) I really don't remember.

Jill fed alfalfa by the trailer load, which, because of the numbers she was feeding, had to be a large reason why she couldn't get ahead. I saw a newly delivered load, so this is first hand info. She did not overfeed grain that I saw. She did do a LOT of supplementing.

I hope that helps with some of your conclusions.
    Laurie

3 members found this post helpful.

Laurie, Thank you so much for that information. I'm an American living in the UK.

My observations were based on information gleaned from this thread. You have elaborated on topics that were not specifically discussed.

I actually remember reading on her blog about her supplementation of her foals. It was quite a lot of supplements.

And supplements are not cheap.

I just hope the horses get to a safe place soon.

Reading anything, even about supplements, on Jill Burnell's blog has to be taken with a grain of salt, LOL!

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dianehalpin View Post
    Reading anything, even about supplements, on Jill Burnell's blog has to be taken with a grain of salt, LOL!
    I should hope so! That blog is a joke! Jill's way to share with the world her poor grammar and oh SO creative writing skills. LOL

2 members found this post helpful.

Just saw Rate My Horse Pro's new updated story with the photos...what a dump! http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/c...ues-arise.aspx

3 members found this post helpful.

What's with all the damn bicycles lying around? Second photo...

Same bicycles that can be seen in many of the pics in the OP I presume. Probably not much room for them in the camper.

Quote Originally Posted by NJRider View Post
    Just saw Rate My Horse Pro's new updated story with the photos...what a dump! http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/c...ues-arise.aspx
    Looks like at least Jill Burnell eats well!

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dogdays View Post
    Looks like at least Jill Burnell eats well!
    Maybe she better put those bicycles to good use!!