The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 152 of 224 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    fwiw, the Stokebrand case was brought by a known hoarder and trouble maker... so that entire thing is suspect in most locals mind.....
    Wrong. The case was brought on by Gwen offering free horses on Cragislist. The family that took them called Animal Control the next morning - she dropped them off in the cover of dark, blanketed - after they called her in shock at the condition. She was off at a horse show and couldn't be bothered. I saw first hand the condition of the surviving horse when she arrived at rescue and I have seen how well she recovered with some minimal dental work and groceries. Nothing suspect. Just the facts.

This attorney will have a conflict and won't be able to represent anyone against Jill Burnell because of the involvement of MHS, but he might be able to refer you to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    And for those wronged by JB/GFF and looking for an attorney -
    there is one on the board of the Marin County Humane Society who practices animal law exclusively. He may be able to give you some assistance - if not directly, then he could probably point you to someone who can.

Scroll to the bottom of this page...

http://www.marinhumanesociety.org/si...tors.htm#bruce

4 members found this post helpful.

I really hope the Marin County Humane Society is fully prepared deal with this lunatic. It is quite obvious that Jill has learned to dealwith the California Court system in a very successful (for her) manner. Everyone here KNOWS that the horses on Jill's property NEED to be removed and rehomed with appropriate parties and she needs to be put out of business and banished from owning equines once and for all. I would like to know HOW JILL HAS AN ARREST WARRANT AND SHE HASNT BEEN ARRESTED YET;especially now that a court is involved!

I really hope that Marin County has read this entire thread and has made the necessary documentation of each person's account of what they saw/dealt with. I hope that they have garnered one heck of a lawyer and bring to light not only Jill's horrible care for these animals BUT ALSO her extremelyfraudulant business practices....not to mention she's broke federal law by shipping non documented semen across the border.

Lastly I hope that EVERYONE involved with Jill who has been burned; has stood up and contacted Marin County and provided their story and information. Jill cannot be taken down unless everyone stands up and helps Marin County successfully do so. STAND UP AND STATE YOUR CASE!

9 members found this post helpful.

I don't think MHS can do more than proceed with the animal cuelty stuff, BUT if you all call and make them aware of your cases, and especially how Jill dodged you, and let them know of the warrants that she simply ignores, it will better prepare them for her tactics.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

If the court date is made public and she is not arrested on site, I will be pissed off. It's one thing to not pursue the person but it's another when it's printed in the paper where she will be and when. You already have police on site, give them something constructive to do. I want her to walk out of that court room horseless and in handcuffs for her warrants.

5 members found this post helpful.

Anyone notice the new article where she states this COTH thread is treating her unfairly? Why? Because it's filled with the truth about her LIES and scheming?

http://www.marinij.com/novato/ci_223...chileno-valley

1 members found this post helpful.

Weems, whose office is in Fairfax, said she also represents a Georgia woman who bought the stallion and was waiting for it to be shipped before it was injured and confiscated. According to Weems, the stallion was hurt not from abuse or neglect, but in a fight with another stallion.
    And here starts the spin that they are not really her horses.

5 members found this post helpful.

ohh GEeeez Cry me a freaking river! Poor thang

NOT
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

What are the pending warrants against her and where do they originate from?
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYpvIMVdq3k
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

“We will be filing a request for writ of mandamus [Jan. 8] in court, essentially demanding the return of the horses and for an injunction prohibiting the humane society from further harassing the Burnells,” said Weems.

WOOOOOOW. Way to make this seem like the humane society is the "bad guy". WOOOOOOOW.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
    This attorney will have a conflict and won't be able to represent anyone against Jill Burnell because of the involvement of MHS, but he might be able to refer you to someone.
    Yes - which is why I worded it the way I did.
    Last edited by DownYonder; Jan. 16, 2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: typos!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    If the court date is made public and she is not arrested on site, I will be pissed off. It's one thing to not pursue the person but it's another when it's printed in the paper where she will be and when. You already have police on site, give them something constructive to do. I want her to walk out of that court room horseless and in handcuffs for her warrants.
    Don't forget it is California. The state is in dire straits financially, as are many/most of the counties and municipalities - and jails and legal systems already strained to the breaking point. If there are only a few outstanding warrants here or there, they may not be particularly eager to pursue them and would rather focus their energies and dwindling resources on chasing folks involved in violent crime, drug peddling, etc. I suspect JillB realizes all this, and uses it to her advantage to escape arrest. No doubt about it, she is a master at playing the system. I still say send Dog after her - I doubt those locked gates would stop him.

4 members found this post helpful.

my suggestions? that Coth take this tread down asap and that folks that were allegedly wronged lawyer up asap -

this thread will be used against the prosecution and it will be spun as a attack and attempt to destroy her etc etc.

I am telling you this is going to get UGLY.
    Last edited by mbm; Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:20 AM.

Haven't you been saying this thread should be taken down from the beginning?

no?

II just happen to know how certain people will react and having seen this played out before with other folks it makes sense what these folks will do.

i absolutely think folks should be able to pursue her etc, but why give the defense ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by RajaArmada View Post
    Anyone notice the new article where she states this COTH thread is treating her unfairly? Why? Because it's filled with the truth about her LIES and scheming?

http://www.marinij.com/novato/ci_223...chileno-valley
    What is a "horsing community"???? "Horsing" is an archaic term meaning a mare is in heat.

It might be helpful if the people that have been defrauded by JB contact the Marin I-J reporter individually and tell their stories. It's not realistic that a non-horse person could read through these 152 pages and make sense of what has occurred.

But individual stories of being lied to, ripped off and poor horse care (including pictures) are easier to print in a newspaper.

what the folks should do that have been defrauded is find a lawyer to represent them ALL and fight back.

Given who is involved and how this is playing out people will need to be firm and prepared to fight.

If folks DO get an attorney please let me know as I have back history that might be relevant....

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    my suggestions? that Coth take this tread down asap and that folks that were allegedly wronged lawyer up asap -

this thread will be used against the prosecution and it will be spun as a attack and attempt to destroy her etc etc.

I am telling you this is going to get UGLY.
    Taking the thread down will do absolutely no good, even if COTH would do it, which I don't think they would. Jill and her minions are obviously are aware of it and will demand its release if they deem it useful. Though I am not an internet expert, I've been told enough times that nothing ever really disappears from the internet to think it's probably true (wayback machine?)
    Last edited by Louise; Jan. 9, 2013 at 09:09 AM.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I updated a breeder who is owed 8 or more breedings from GFF in 2013 who had no idea of the current state of affairs.....it is up to them to follow up. I did give them all the links to the donations, Marin CO, etc. I had the feeling they did not want to bother but hope I am wrong.

2 members found this post helpful.