The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 150 of 224 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 4466

Re the articles by this Brent Ainsworth on Patch.. his first article plopped my stallion Beste Gold right in the middle of all of this drama, I have tried to call him repeatedly and sent him an email NONE of which he could be bothered to reply to.
    let alone any kind of clarification or retraction,,, manure is manure no matter how u pile it.

research? really? come . on , dont print about something u know nothing about going off half cocked..
    "It's not how good you ride, It's how good your horse covers for you." -Kristan
    Magic Rose Farm- home of Beste Gold & Hot Shot
    Beste Gold & Offspring on Facebook
    Magic Rose Farm Warmbloods on FB

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Signature View Post
    While at Chad's, one of our good friends personally trailered Romantic to ERC to be collected each time. She would send pictures of him hanging on the trailer or grazing in the yard waiting his turn at the clinic. She said he could not have been better before or during the process which she saw many times. I would imagine the statement that he is vicious is absolutely false unless something changed drastically... Lord knows what to believe but personally knowing Romantic, I can't fathom this.
    What changed drastically was his management. I have no doubt he was a perfect gentleman in Virginia, where he was fed well and properly cared for, and treated professionally with respect and fairness. But even the best stallion put in a bad situation has the potential for very different behavior. I hope he is returned to his previous management.
    New Blessing Farm
    Standing the Oldenburg stallion Legaczy
    www.newblessingfarm.com
    "The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground".

5 members found this post helpful.

Looks like the story has been updated a bit, with removal of the unrelated horse pic.

http://novato.patch.com/articles/2-m...reeder-s-ranch

There is one particular line from the Coth article makes me wonder if Jill's got something up her sleeve. Hopefully not, hopefully it's just that I'm extremely tired and my reading comprehension is currently that of an kid in elementary school!

"While the stallion owners, veterinarians and the Burnells, who care for approximately 30 horses on the property, were deciding whether to take one of the stallions to a clinic for additional treatment, the Marin Humane Society responded to a complaint about the property, at which time they impounded one of the stallions and an older mare."

It states that at the time of seizure on the 27th, in addition to Jill Burnell and her husband, the stallion's owners (plural), and veterinarians (plural) were tending to Romantic Star. It's suggesting that Marin seized an animal - partially because it needed medical attention - while the animal was being treated by multiple veterinarians. (I doubt if that's what happened) What I'm noticing more from this sentence, and I'm too tired to figure out what it could mean if anything, is the statement that the Burnell's do not own Romantic Star, but rather several other people do???

Another note, reading her newsletter that someone linked to, I was very surprised to read that Grand Affair, whom we have read here is only supposed to be breeding via ET, "is an easy breeder."
    Last edited by Twisted River; Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM. Reason: added links

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    Wonder if there was no intention of ever selling that mare...just make a paper trail to make it look that way so the mare can't get sent anywhere else!
    Ding! Ding! Ding! This, is EXACTLY what I thought when I got the email 'newsletter'. What a lovely paper trail from a master manipulator. She hasn't updated her blog or sent out an email newsletter in a very, very long time. The timing of it is just way too suspect IMO.

4 members found this post helpful.

I agree that IF the RS was REALLY under vet care already, would Marin really seize him? I would also like to know the condition of the other stallion...

On a website called the Chronicle of the Horse, Megan Brincks wrote that Gray Fox Farm is run by Jill Burnell, according to her attorney, Margaret Weems. Burnell, with her husband, Alex, has run the breeding business for the past few months and ships semen to clients.

Who was running it the rest of the time if they have only been running it for a few months? Who were they shipping semen to over the past few months? More bad journalism?

3 members found this post helpful.

Does anybody know the story on this mare she used to have?

http://www.grayfoxfarms.com/reallythewinner.htm

She reports that the mare was sold to Mexico...

No connection to the mare but the sold to Mexico thing kind of stuck out to me

Looked at the above mare sold to Mexico, then went to GFF links page to see what was there, looked at the link to Hof Mendenhall. Someone a while back in this thread was asking about the "coming soon stallion from Germany." Here are two listed on this page that apparently never made it here.

http://wbstallions.net/hof-mendenhall/outsidesales.html

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    I am sorry if I offended you, and obviously I must not be well informed regarding patch.

My personal experience is that the patch articles I read tend to be a mix match of information contained in other stories, and can be confused / miss leading.

Kudos to this writer for going out and doing interviews regarding horse breeding and the economy, but he totally missed the boat on this story. It would be cool if he looked up the Sonoma County records (I have previously linked to them on this thread) and pointed out this breeder’s long list of defaults, and found the foreclosure on the ranch in Petaluma.

Unfortunately I have found patch articles unreliable.
    well considering i live here the article has a bunch of incorrect stuff *and* it is bringing in comments from some random horse guy? huh?

Patch here sucks. The "articles" are usually hardly journalistic excellence.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/margaret-weems/5/562/118

Her Attorney.

She lists this groom position on her linked in. Any one know her?

Groom Adamo Eventing and Chocolate Horse Farms
    2001 – 2012 (11 years)
    I'm new here and while I don't know JB I do live in Marin and board in Sonoma County. This attorney is the same one who defended Gwen Stockebrand. Outrageous to say the least. I have no dog in this fight but would be happy to help any way I can. I'm five minutes from the MHS and 20 minutes from JB's property.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    Looked at the above mare sold to Mexico, then went to GFF links page to see what was there, looked at the link to Hof Mendenhall. Someone a while back in this thread was asking about the "coming soon stallion from Germany." Here are two listed on this page that apparently never made it here.

http://wbstallions.net/hof-mendenhall/outsidesales.html
    I'm guessing these are the two that never made it. Pedigree matches on one, and the other's video was taken in the same location, so seems logical. She probably lost them to unpaid bills.

http://youtu.be/2rfEdhfi1E8

http://youtu.be/vawG5hDUuU8

"Brent Ainsworth Does a great job in the patch. If you have info on the "suspect" please share."

Wish I had the balls to sign up and post Jill's arrest warrant there.

2 members found this post helpful.

This is getting hairy.... :-/ these poor horses.
    First and foremost about the horse.
    Rose Bud Ranch Sporthorses
    Like Us On Facebook!

hey folks - if you want to post on patch etc about JB - why not post about the illegal activity that can be proven instead of saying she abuses horses?

anyone can go look at her videos and see that 4 months ago her horses were all in decent condition.....

dont give them any ammo on saying this was a attack on her....

oh and fwiw, my money is on none of the horses belonging to her anymore - my guess is she "sold" them all when she caught wind of all this.... (and why wouldn't she? she could of read this thread just as easily as anyone else....)

Quote Originally Posted by chestnutmare13 View Post
    I'm new here and while I don't know JB I do live in Marin and board in Sonoma County. This attorney is the same one who defended Gwen Stockebrand. Outrageous to say the least. I have no dog in this fight but would be happy to help any way I can. I'm five minutes from the MHS and 20 minutes from JB's property.
    fwiw, the Stokebrand case was brought by a known hoarder and trouble maker... so that entire thing is suspect in most locals mind.....

"Brent Ainsworth Does a great job in the patch. If you have info on the "suspect" please share."

At least post a comment. There's already someone commenting that sounds like he is, or could turn into, a defender.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

So do it sign up and post. It can be under an avatar its not like they ask for a blood type and retinal scan.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    hey folks - if you want to post on patch etc about JB - why not post about the illegal activity that can be proven instead of saying she abuses horses?

anyone can go look at her videos and see that 4 months ago her horses were all in decent condition.....

dont give them any ammo on saying this was a attack on her....

oh and fwiw, my money is on none of the horses belonging to her anymore - my guess is she "sold" them all when she caught wind of all this.... (and why wouldn't she? she could of read this thread just as easily as anyone else....)
    How can you say 4 months ago her horses were ALL in good condition from a few foal videos ?
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    How can you say 4 months ago her horses were ALL in good condition from a few foal videos ?
    Have you seen the pics of the horses sold to MO?? They arrived looking very healthy. If they weren't I think the trip would have taken a bigger toll. I don't think she is selectively starving horses.

I think lack of funds at this point would lead to all horses lacking for food
    Last edited by horsenut93136; Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Wording :)