The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 149 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    Can someone please confirm what DAY you received the newsletter?
    12/27.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    I would suspect that Ms. Weems is being paid with a horse or two.
    But will she be "paid" with horses that Jill actually owns ? My goodness....what if she's paid with someone else's horse ?
    Last edited by Mardi; Jan. 7, 2013 at 09:19 PM.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    Can someone please confirm what DAY you received the newsletter?
    Mine's long since deleted & already gone from my trash folder (where it belonged in the first place). Sorry!

ETA: Oops! COTHers are already on it.
    Last edited by COTHalter44; Jan. 7, 2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    Did I say I believed her? I just repeated what she told me. I have no idea as to the truth, but there would have been no reason to lie to me or make it up that I can see.
    My experiences him while he was owned by European Performance Horses was always a perfect gentleman.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    Weems represented another accused horse abuser late last year http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...CLES/121219953
    There's a COTH thread about that trainer on the Dressage forum.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

12/27.
    Same for me.

so, she was "deciding" whether the stallion should go to a clinic, but still had time to send her newsletter with sales ads of a mare she does not own.. interesting confirmation of where her priorities lie!

7 members found this post helpful.

12/27.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishTheBunny View Post
    http://www.worldhorsewelfare.org

Does anyone think this organization may be of any benefit to the case? I believe they were the ones to deal with the Amersham case and had put Delia Stacey behind bars as well.

They are based in the UK, but could possibly provide some assistance or legal adivce?
    I am sure they could definitely partner with Marin

12/27 9:35 Am for me as well.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Quote Originally Posted by AndNirina View Post
    Here you go, Daventry. The heading from the email. I got it, too.
    Subject: Season's Greetings from Gray Fox Farm
    Date: December 27, 2012 6:35:59 AM PST
    Huh! Well smack my ass and call me Judy!

So let me get this straight...Jill's stallions allegedly get in a fight and the Humane Society comes out and seizes the injured stallion and a mare...and her newsletter just happens to come out that same day? And why go and sell your best mare?

Then Friday, December 28th, I get a call from the person who currently has Grand Affair, who tells me that she's put an offer in on the mare, and also mentions a few other people have offered Jill money on the mare as well, but their offers were higher. Then two days later she announces on Facebook that she's purchased the mare.

Wonder if there was no intention of ever selling that mare...just make a paper trail to make it look that way so the mare can't get sent anywhere else? Maybe hoping an announcement on Facebook would further fuel the information to make it more legit and hoping I'd maybe post it on here? As, I gather that was likely the intention of the phone call.

Maybe the rumours are true that horses are indeed getting shifted around, that is, if you want to believe such things
    Last edited by Daventry; Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM.
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

6 members found this post helpful.

Daventry I would 100% believe that.

One thing I personally can be grateful for in this entire mess is that all those persons enabling Jill no matter how benign have outed themselves as people to stay away from and NEVER do business with.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

4 members found this post helpful.

Reporters like Brent and the CNN suggestion site can be your best friend if handled properly....send them proof of judgements and facts...photos, etc with a suggestion of why that is a story , there are many stories here,...without ranting at them. They are supposed to stay objective, though I am sure they are on "our" side or the story would not be published. It is not physically possible for them to get through this whole thread, much of which is garbled and anonymous hearsay, and get a story out in a timely manner.

Those who think COTH is soft pedalling, well if so, I wonder if JB also owes them money? That seems to be her MO to get her collusionists in the industry.

As far as does "the stallion's owners" language mean are there are more owners than jB and hubby, I am guessing no, lawyers will just refer to people this way as a way of not using their emotionally charged names.

Quote Originally Posted by skrgirl View Post
    My experiences him while he was owned by European Performance Horses was always a perfect gentleman.
    While at Chad's, one of our good friends personally trailered Romantic to ERC to be collected each time. She would send pictures of him hanging on the trailer or grazing in the yard waiting his turn at the clinic. She said he could not have been better before or during the process which she saw many times. I would imagine the statement that he is vicious is absolutely false unless something changed drastically... Lord knows what to believe but personally knowing Romantic, I can't fathom this.
    Signature Sporthorses
    www.signaturesporthorses.com

3 members found this post helpful.

I've just read the newsletter feeling nauseated. What a pile of --------! Ms. Burnell, you belong behind bars. I hope that no one ran to PayPal to deliver more money for Jill to spend on Jill while the horses starve, cripple themselves, kill each other, etc. What an uncommon criminal the woman is! I probably should stop following this story, as she really does make me sick.

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 216 Jumper View Post
    I just saw this online, with a photo! OMG I'm hoping that's just some random photo they applied since it appears to have saddle sore and isn't from her ranch. But if it is random, those kinds of things don't help the situation either.

Harrington confirmed that the ranch being investigated is Gray Fox Farms, a remote hilltop property with a Petaluma address

http://novato.patch.com/articles/2-m...reeder-s-ranch

PS: I did just email the author of that article asking for clarification if that photo really belongs with it...we'll see what I hear back.
    I just posted a comment to the article. If everyone participating in this thread would do so as well, then Brent the reporter might take notice and delve a little deeper into the story.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

2 members found this post helpful.

Stick around Diane. I think you are about to see her getting her just reward.

3 members found this post helpful.

I sure hope so!!!!

I'd like to know how old the stallions injuries look to experts. And exactly what those injuries were.

And wow Daventry.... I feel like an ijiot. lol I posted to you about the GA person having her so nobody missed that entry. LOL You were definitely on top of that one. LOL