The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 142 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    And you ARE? Houseguest, perhaps
    If you don't have a house, can you still have houseguests?
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMare01 View Post
    If you don't have a house, can you still have houseguests?

"Camperguest"?

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsbarnmanager View Post
    wow. I bred to him last spring. I sooo wish my vet had had a microscope on her truck, "knowing" JB and seeing the pics of her lab, I probably got 2 tubes of extender... brother.

Glad to hear she is about to get what she deserves. I hope.

ETA:My contract was from 2010, before I knew how she operated...
    IIRC, there was no pregnancy... hence your comment... I wonder if you could get another breeding in this case. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    "Camperguest"?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBalls View Post
    I might add that I have NO respect for all the breeders, organizations, trainers, handlers, and owners that KNOWINGLY knew something was wrong ~ this whole debacle didn't happen overnight and there were PLENTY OF RED FLAGS!

Just reading and following this thread shows a very long history of issues ~ but yet some of us were slammed years back for TRYING to bring attention to this heinous issue! How may of you tolerated this for one reason or another?!?! I dare you to come forward.....
    This could have been prevented ~ UNREAL
    Bill, your June 24, 2012 "like" of Redwine on the Sallie B Wheeler Facebook page seems deceiving if in your heart you really knew JB was in the wrong.

Not singling you out by any means, but some of us had no idea. The continual kudos of Redwine by many certainly provided a great smokescreen. There are many innocent victims here who never saw your same red flags.

7 members found this post helpful.

Red Label- 2010 SBW Best Yearling.

I think Bill may have been commenting on the sire of Red Label.
    I bred several mares to GFF stallions in 2010 and showed my Romantic Star as a yearling in 2011.The young horses and owners of offspring of these stallions have a daunting task....promoting their breeding without endorsing GFF. Can''t we just agree to separate the horse from the bad business?

6 members found this post helpful.

I certainly agree with that, TWF. I was just thinking today as I watched my Redwine three year old filly playing with the yearling and two year old how good she is looking and how blooming with health! The good thing is that I tend to go my own way without reference to outside events when it comes to my own horses!!
    After all, plenty of other things can happen to the best laid plans when it comes to real life intervening!

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TWF View Post
    Red Label- 2010 SBW Best Yearling.

I think Bill may have been commenting on the sire of Red Label.
    I bred several mares to GFF stallions in 2010 and showed my Romantic Star as a yearling in 2011.The young horses and owners of offspring of these stallions have a daunting task....promoting their breeding without endorsing GFF. Can''t we just agree to separate the horse from the bad business?
    This is absolutely correct. I stood behind many friends who had progeny by Redwine, Romantic Star, Aloha, and Federalist. They were proud of their young horses and their programs.

Personally, I hope all the horses wind up in good homes with a real chance. I will do what I can, but this is far from over and my gut tells JB will not go down without a fight or an angle. Does the word gelding come into play here....
    ~ Bill Rube ~
    http://www.bydesignfarm.com
    Check us out on Facebook

"Jail for Jill" sounds good to me. She's a criminal and the reason I have little faith in our justice system, especially in California. The vicodin reference would explain a lot.

2 members found this post helpful.

Jail for Jill has always been my hope as well second only to getting the horses into competent homes. I would love to see both happen very shortly and feel so hopeful that we are on the road to just that goal as we speak. I can't wait to hear what the MHS has to say today.

1 members found this post helpful.

I sensed some issues back when I did her webpage which was several years ago. I got a very strange phone call from her and some odd requests. But she was a client and always paid me. There are way too many malicious and false rumors in the horse industry that no one can really rely on paying attention to rumors. It is a shame. We have hurt ourselves by the petty crap--keeps us from heeding true signs. It does my heart good to see so many people banding together as a community in this case. Thank goodness the crap finally hit the fan.
    Chris
    Ladybug Hill--Hunters and Ponies
    WWSD? (what would Suerte do?)

Wasn't there a big announcement due today?
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by EquusMagnificus View Post
    Wasn't there a big announcement due today?
    I thought so. Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    Is your mare in foal? Wasn't sure what you mean by 2 tubes of extender.
    No, we bred her 2 cycles and she did not catch.

Quote Originally Posted by dianehalpin View Post
    "Jail for Jill" sounds good to me. She's a criminal and the reason I have little faith in our justice system, especially in California. The vicodin reference would explain a lot.
    I guess I missed where there was a reference to vicodin, but you are right - it would explain A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    I thought so. Waiting...
    They are in California - it is only 10 am out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    They are in California - it is only 10 am out there.
    I realize that. I figured if they started their day at 9am it would be out by now.

Oy...I'm so sorry to be reading all of this. I bought mare from Jill Burnell over a year ago and she had a lovely filly by Redwine nearly 7 months ago now. Jill was very dishonest with me and the whole situation...but I don't want to get into all of that. I love my filly and I'm sure her paperwork will be worked out eventually. I'm worried this whole situation is going to affect her marketability should I ever decide to sell her though. She is a fantastic filly and I don't Plan on sell her at this point...but possibly in the future. *sigh*. This was my first leap into WBs and it hasn't been a great experience. I had been drooling over these horses for years and jumped right in with buying from Jill Burnell without doing all the proper research I should have I guess. Her website and pretty horses were just so tempting... Does anyone know wha Redwine is doing and where he currently is? I love that horse

Well RRPiaffe - I would definitely spend the money to parentage verify by DNA that the filly is by Redwine if you purchased the mare in foal or even it you bred the mare with shipped semen.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Don't worry. As long as you get your filly registered (and the registries seem to be willing to work with people on this), your filly should not be adversely affected. It's not HER fault, after all. And if she is nice, she will get credit for who and what she is and not who owned her sire.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

2 members found this post helpful.