The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 135 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Reproduction View Post
    And WHAT??? No one has bid on those earrings??? I may have to bid in order to be able to give them to a certain someone that is working hard behind the scenes .

Who, Jos?

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nootka View Post
    Well, I had to bid. I just went over to look but dangit if my fingers didn't just take over!
    Interestingly enough the same thing happened to me!
    New Blessing Farm
    Standing the Oldenburg stallion Legaczy
    www.newblessingfarm.com
    "The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground".

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Reproduction View Post
    Just for clarification. Jill did not pay Reg for her photos. "I" paid Reg. I did not release the CD with the photos on them to Jill until I had received payment in full, free and clear before forwarding them on to her. I made sure that Reg wasn't left out in the cold (cause it sure was cold that week in Oklahoma) and stuck without being paid. And, I made sure that Jill didn't get something without having paid for it - Yup. I'm a bitch sometimes. But I'm okay with that !
    Arthur and I have been following this thread… we have no direct interest in the topic, but I must say, we are awed by how amazing COTH can be, and most especially people like Kathy St. Martin. I’m an old Catholic gal… it occurred to me after reading this that her name should be St. Kathy Martin.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyBayMare View Post
    Not to be picky, but it is Marin County. (pronounced Muh-ren) It's been misspelled a couple of times and who knows, it may just be auto-correct being over-zealous....
    Sorry it was my auto correct! It also constantly changes mare into made... awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartier View Post
    Arthur and I have been following this thread… we have no direct interest in the topic, but I must say, we are awed by how amazing COTH can be, and most especially people like Kathy St. Martin. I’m an old Catholic gal… it occurred to me after reading this that her name should be St. Kathy Martin.
    I couldn't agree more! She keeps her halo hidden most of the time but it is definitely there!

4 members found this post helpful.

Okay, Okay. I have to step in. Do you have any idea the repercussions of this statement? There'll be no living with her after this.

In all reality however, she and several others mentioned have been working tirelessly to help in any way they can. It's absolutely an amazing process to behold.

5 members found this post helpful.

I'm going to ask the COTH moderators if they'd consider making the Leg Up Auction and the Daventry link to burned owners as a "sticky" or "announcement".

I can understand why they may not do so as this is an "alleged" abuse and fraud case. But it's a great auction for a very worthy cause.

I'm sure they are watching all of this with bated breath, just like we are.

Worth a try to raise more $$.

4 members found this post helpful.

I wasn't even planning on breeding anything next year but I couldn't help but bid!! TOO MUCH TEMPTATION.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

They stallions they have up are great! I so want to bid!!

I’m an old Catholic gal… it occurred to me after reading this that her name should be St. Kathy Martin.
    <lol>..My name is the only way I "could" attain Sainthood. Anyone that knows me, knows I swear like a sailor, would drink like a fish if I could, drive too fast, would prolly have a cigarette dangling form my lips if I wasn't aware of just how bad smoking is for ya, and am wearing my body out through too much clumsy physical abuse. If I HAD a halo, I'd probably use it to do the ring toss at Jos <ROTFL>. That would be a game I could get into! Would probably invite friends over to join in the fun!

But I do have a keen sense of what is right and wrong - thanks to a truly incredible father who taught by example - and realize that a kind word and a helping hand go a long way and often, don't cost anything to offer. And if you don't believe me, try saying something kind to a total stranger - it can be an amazing experience .
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

9 members found this post helpful.

I couldn't help but bid too!!! Great cause and great stallions!!!

2 members found this post helpful.

I spoke up several years ago and was slammed by many on these Boards. Funny that many of the people speaking up about her now are the people that slammed me way back!

arrrgh!!! I WISH I could bid!! I will make a donation, but I have to stay away from the auction page!!!

I did peek tho, and am amazed at all that is being offered! and I will continue to hope and pray all the horses and those wronged will soon be in better situations!

What is the time limit to use the breedings? I don't even have a broodmare but these guys are sooooo tempting!

I'm so happy to report that I was able to bid on one of the stallions! So proud of these stallion owners, as well as everyone who has donated either money or a service or an item to the auction. This work on behalf of the GFF horses is really, really impressive and very kind.

Diane Halpin/Laurel Leaf Hanoverians: Facebook

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by clearound View Post
    I spoke up several years ago and was slammed by many on these Boards. Funny that many of the people speaking up about her now are the people that slammed me way back!
    Ditto clearound, Ditto - saved some of the posts too
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    What is the time limit to use the breedings? I don't even have a broodmare but these guys are sooooo tempting!
    It looks like deadlines vary...from about 1/10 to 1/17 or so. It's on the actual bid page, here is the stallion bid page:

http://www.legup-auction.org/cgi-bin...gory=stallions

Kudos to all the SOs and others who are making this happen.

Donating was simple! Kudos to web designer for making the cash donation process a breeze.

I think most of the usage times will be within 2 years... Verify with the owners before bidding!

I have a serious question though... Are we 100% certain the rest of the horses are going to be (or have been) seized? What happens if they aren't? To the auction money I mean? It is entirely possible that may happen, no matter how much we don't want it to, you know? And what if they don't seize all of them? I'm not at all questioning the helping, just asking if there is a backup plan in place in the event things don't go as we'd like...
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

I think there was mention of the money also going towards legal fees?