The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 129 of 224 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 4466

Allie, I would like to include a breeding to Hennessey (frozen) to the fund raising efforts. Thanks for the great idea and valiant efforts on everyone's part regarding this matter.

May 2013 be the best year yet for everyone!
    Lisha Marshall
    Broad Hill Run Farm

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Broad Hill Run Farm View Post
    Allie, I would like to include a breeding to Hennessey (frozen) to the fund raising efforts. Thanks for the great idea and valiant efforts on everyone's part regarding this matter.

Wow. Everyone is so generous. (just to add, I have Hennessey grandkids -by Zarr- and they are fabulous!!! Personality, looks, athletic, move and jump to die for!)
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Deardra75 View Post
    I also have a mare that I wanted to breed to Aloha but I am waiting to see what other stallions are out there. WE don't have a ton of money so the $3K was a big amount of money for us.
    Might I suggest starting with the auction page? You could be supporting the rescue operation, or supporting one of the breeders who have offered their fabulous stallions to assist the mare owners who were left out in the cold by JB? There are some fantastic stallions on the list, and if you were looking at Aloha, there are some that could be similar (but even better) choices available.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

6 members found this post helpful.

I'm thinking Jill is attempting to "sell-off" her most famous horses (that she likely doesn't own) so that they can't be taken away. If she sells them off immediately (even if no money exchanges hands); they can't be seized...unless Marin County gets involved IMMEDIATELY and has a court order on her to cease business operations until the investigation is finished

1 members found this post helpful.

Tomorrow is the day this really gets going in full swing. I am hoping to hear that all the horses have been seized and their nightmare has come to an end. If Jill ends up behind bars that would be the icing on the cake but I will settle for the horses being taken from her forever. Jingles for the horses, may the humans involved do the right thing.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by daisycutter87 View Post
    I'm thinking Jill is attempting to "sell-off" her most famous horses (that she likely doesn't own) so that they can't be taken away. If she sells them off immediately (even if no money exchanges hands); they can't be seized...unless Marin County gets involved IMMEDIATELY and has a court order on her to cease business operations until the investigation is finished
    I do believe that is why Grande Affair was moved in the first place to "hide" /eyeroll her from the people who were looking prior.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

well if they get seized, here is hoping they end up at a GOOD facility and not some of the rinkydink, sub par facilities around here that do "rescue" work

Does anyone know which mare was taken??? I hope it wasn't my guys dam.

Quote Originally Posted by alliekat View Post
    Here is a list of the stallions and services that have been donated already. Keep checking back, as new items are being added regularly. Once Jos and Kathy are done with the Auction site, I will llink that too.

http://www.leg-up.org/marin-county-f...tion-page.html
    This link isn't working. It looks like you edited your post, which caused the link to break. Could you post it again? Using the URL tags like this:

[ url] http://www.leg-up.org/whatever the rest of the url is] This is the website [ /url ]

will help to protect a link and keep it from breaking when you go back and edit. Just take the spaces out.

I just got a message from Karen Severns of New Blessing Farm who has generously offered her stallion Legaczy for mare owners whos breeding contracts, were not fullfilled. She also donated a breeding to the Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program Auction. Thank you so much for your generousity!
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

We are working to add pics right now, so please bear with us. Here is the link Thanks for the heads up that the link was broken.
    http://www.leg-up.org/marin-county-f...tion-page.html
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Broad Hill Run Farm View Post

How wonderful Lisha! Please email us at auction@leg-up.org with setail of what the winning bidder will be responsible for. Thanks again for the support!
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

What is wrong with breeding? And why not promote the stallions owned by honest stallion owners with quality stallions? Those are the one I want to do business with.

Has anyone seen or heard anything about Federalist lately?

A big round of applause to everyone and all of the great things you've done. I would so buy a breeding to donate, but I already did that for another good cause. I hope everyone who's thinking of breeding looks here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo1998 View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard anything about Federalist lately?
    I've been wondering this myself -- I feel so sorry for the poor old guy.
    Braeburn Farms
    Collingwood, ON

Facebook

I read here that there is a court date tomorrow, January 3. Is Jill supposed to show up, or is it just for the humane society?

I see two things going on here, and I don't see a way to distinguish. I see the breedings being donated to Leg-Up, of which proceeds go to Marin County. Then I see offerings of stallions like Lotus T and Escapade to MARE OWNERS who have been wronged (had a breeding to GFF not honored).

Is anyone keeping track of them seperately? What are the SO's who are donating to mare owner/victims requiring as proof?
    "Hell, when I move my things go in boxes and I always make sure and bubble wrap my dog feces so it don't get broke." runwayz

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    I do believe that is why Grande Affair was moved in the first place to "hide" /eyeroll her from the people who were looking prior.
    This doesn't surprise me, as I seem to recall earlier this year, or I should say summer 2012, that when the foreclosure became real and this thread started people were going to get their mares and Grand Affair was one of the ones who was "supposed" to be shipped back east to her owners by agreement with Jill then she never followed through.....
    Last edited by FLIPPED HER HALO; Jan. 3, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
    Cloverfox Stables

I know the new "owner" posted here . I hope shes reading this and has the morals ,ethics and compassion to do what is right by this mare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    In the first post on the thread JB never said she bought the mare or owned the mare. She said "I have the mare". Possibly she has a free lease on the mare?

I know nothing about the original deal, but precise language (and assumed interpretation) are a bugaboo of mine. And, since JB was very careful to imply (without claiming) ownership, nothing in that post said she had bought the mare.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWF View Post
    I saw that ..thanks I posted the same in my post #2488. Had to edit down the content to quiet the snarkypotstirringrumormillcyperstalker. Yes you indeed were correct...

Oh and by the way....Grand Affair after a ligament bleed was bred back ONLY after she had a clean bill of health, a year off and under the supervision of a professional repro vet. Her owner decided she was never to carry a foal after that pregnancy. ET was the only option AFTER that pregnancy.
    JB not playing by the rules and evidently against the wishes of the owner... bred her back and back and back...

Advertising Grand Affair FOR SALE at 18 yrs with two breedings was the worst case scenario for this mare..And the last straw for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    It appears Grand Affair has been sold as this was just posted on FB. This person was on here earlier in this thread defending Jill but at least the mare has a good home.

Kirsten Strain

For those of you familiar with the Oldenburg mare Grand Affair, she has been with me for the past 6 months mothering her 2012 filly Dolphina who I own. I had also purchased Grand Affairs 2010 inutero foal Rain Boots who has been with his new owner for the past year. I am pleased to report that I have purchased Grand Affair who will continue to live at my farm in Petaluma. This is an FYI to dispel any rumors of the whereabouts of this wonderful hunter mare.

Quote Originally Posted by daisycutter87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    It appears Grand Affair has been sold as this was just posted on FB. This person was on here earlier in this thread defending Jill but at least the mare has a good home.

Kirsten Strain

For those of you familiar with the Oldenburg mare Grand Affair, she has been with me for the past 6 months mothering her 2012 filly Dolphina who I own. I had also purchased Grand Affairs 2010 inutero foal Rain Boots who has been with his new owner for the past year. I am pleased to report that I have purchased Grand Affair who will continue to live at my farm in Petaluma. This is an FYI to dispel any rumors of the whereabouts of this wonderful hunter mare.

Kirsten, This has been a public issue here for several years. You knew the OWNER of Grande Affair was heartsick about this mare. You sat back and hid the mare. You've had two of her babies in your barn...now you claim to own her?
    Kirsten, you need to step up now.

I know the new "owner" posted here . I hope shes reading this and has the morals ,ethics and compassion to do what is right by this mare.
    Tradition of "Grande" Sporthorse Champions
    Couture Du Jour - Devon Winner '10 & '12 & PHSA Champ '10
    Grande Desire & Impression '08-10 PHSA Champs
    Grande Sovereign -CH & HB Sire

2 members found this post helpful.