The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 128 of 224 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 4466

I just wanted to thank Alicia of Barrington Hill who has not only offered up her Hanoverian stallion Escapade to any mare owners who have not had their contracts fullfilled for breeding, inutero or purchase but she has also donated a breeding to both Escapade and his Hanoverian/Welsh cross son Encredible to help raise money for the Marin county Humane Society.
    Thank you
    http://www.escapadehanoverianstallion.com/
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    I know Michelle is out of office until tomorrow...and there is a court date in a couple of days for Marin Humane Society and Jill Burnell. It might be best to wait until then to find out exactly what happens next.
    The court date is to do what exactly ? Is this where the MHS presents their case and the judge decides if it can go forward ?
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Quote Originally Posted by alliekat View Post
    I just wanted to thank Alicia of Barrington Hill who has not only offered up her Hanoverian stallion Escapade to any mare owners who have not had their contracts fullfilled for breeding, inutero or purchase but she has also donated a breeding to both Escapade and his Hanoverian/Welsh cross son Encredible to help raise money for the Marin county Humane Society.
    Thank you
    http://www.escapadehanoverianstallion.com/
    Oh my gosh, this list is starting to look like Who's Who! Glad I don't have to choose between all of them. This is so generous of all of you!

2 members found this post helpful.

I would also donate a breeding to each of my stallions, Lotus T (app.: AHHA, BWP, RPSI) and Logan T (RPSI) to any mare owners left out in the cold. It's a worthy cause!

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TWF View Post
    Jill Burnell does NOT have the original set of foal papers for "Grand Affair" Her registration papers were never transferred by her owner - Jill Johnson.
    Let it be known by all that I bred "Grand Affair". Any papers bearing the name of Grand Affair by Grande Saber are NOT legitimate papers from her breeder or the stallion owner...which by the way is - TWF -formerly Tellwynd in Lancaster, PA and I am also owner and breeder of the stallion Grande Saber.

Please feel free to contact me by email TELLWYND@AOL.COM.
    Leave a number and I will call you.
    Joan Watt

Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    Actually, if you read the thread linked to, there is no mention of a purchase, just "lucky to have" and "became available."

It very well could be that the mare was only leased.
    Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    Heh. I said the same thing on page 124...guess I didn't make it as clear as you did, however. The posts on that thread by JB say nothing about a purchase...just that she has the mare.
    I saw that ..thanks I posted the same in my post #2488. Had to edit down the content to quiet the snarkypotstirringrumormillcyperstalker. Yes you indeed were correct...

Oh and by the way....Grand Affair after a ligament bleed was bred back ONLY after she had a clean bill of health, a year off and under the supervision of a professional repro vet. Her owner decided she was never to carry a foal after that pregnancy. ET was the only option AFTER that pregnancy.
    JB not playing by the rules and evidently against the wishes of the owner... bred her back and back and back...

Advertising Grand Affair FOR SALE at 18 yrs with two breedings was the worst case scenario for this mare..And the last straw for me.
    Tradition of "Grande" Sporthorse Champions
    Couture Du Jour - Devon Winner '10 & '12 & PHSA Champ '10
    Grande Desire & Impression '08-10 PHSA Champs
    Grande Sovereign -CH & HB Sire

I have been following this thread since it started. What a noble thing for all of you SOs who are offering up stallions. You have earned my respect.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TWF View Post
    I saw that ..thanks I posted the same in my post #2488. Had to edit down the content to quiet the snarkypotstirringrumormillcyperstalker. Yes you indeed were correct...

Oh and by the way....Grand Affair after a ligament bleed was bred back ONLY after she had a clean bill of health, a year off and under the supervision of a professional repro vet. Her owner decided she was never to carry a foal after that pregnancy. ET was the only option AFTER that pregnancy.
    JB not playing by the rules and evidently against the wishes of the owner... bred her back and back and back...

Advertising Grand Affair FOR SALE at 18 yrs with two breedings was the worst case scenario for this mare..And the last straw for me.
    I know the new "owner" posted here . I hope shes reading this and has the morals ,ethics and compassion to do what is right by this mare.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Wow! Those are some incredible stallions. What amazingly generous owner/breeders!

1 members found this post helpful.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

You all know what is making me queasy:

All the while this is going on, she's still marketing breedings, horses that she doesn't own, and foals. Nothing is stopping her unless and until some court says "Cease and desist." IMO, that's why it's important for those who have been injured to get together if possible, jointly hire a California attorney to pursue both civil AND criminal actions against her. An attorney can put pressure on the DAs that an out of state private individual can't. And the more clients s/he can name, the more likely someone would listen.

Also one would think that she does business across state lines, so while unlikely, if the number of injured is truly large and criminal activity is involved, the feds might be interested. A lawyer could at least start that process. I wonder if there isn't some agency of the USDA that might be interested. Weren't they and the Canadians doing something?

Edited to add that all of the stallion owners who are offering help for those who have been taken are WONDERFUL!
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    You all know what is making me queasy:

All the while this is going on, she's still marketing breedings, horses that she doesn't own, and foals. Nothing is stopping her unless and until some court says "Cease and desist." IMO, that's why it's important for those who have been injured to get together if possible, jointly hire a California attorney to pursue both civil AND criminal actions against her. An attorney can put pressure on the DAs that an out of state private individual can't. And the more clients s/he can name, the more likely someone would listen.

Also one would think that she does business across state lines, so while unlikely, if the number of injured is truly large and criminal activity is involved, the feds might be interested. A lawyer could at least start that process. I wonder if there isn't some agency of the USDA that might be interested. Weren't they and the Canadians doing something?

Edited to add that all of the stallion owners who are offering help for those who have been taken are WONDERFUL!
    Any chance some of the money collected could be put into a fund to help get an lawyer for those wronged by her to stop her? Maybe more people would come forward if they felt they had financial legal help.

I am so impressed and amazed by all the stallion owners and others who are donating their time and/or other items! Blessings to ALL of you! I am a small breeder with big dreams and an even smaller budget. It's heart-warming and healing to see such acts of kindness as these.

Thankfully I never did any business with her. I considered her boys a couple years ago but something about her email replies to me just didn't sit right. Glad I listened to my gut. Shortly there after I started hearing about her dealings. Some how I am still on her email list and got the recent newsletter. I was quite surprised to see it and even more astonished to read the further development of this thread. I hope this can get stopped some how.

Marjean McIntyre was the USDA individual that was contacted awhile back. She would be in CA, I believe in the USDA office closest to where Jill resided

Has anyone been in contact with her recently to see if the USDA is investigating any part of this?

We are willing to offer a breeding to Artrageous with the mare owners responsible only for mare care (for live cover) or collection/shipping charges. We are also willing to donate a straw of frozen with only the shipping charges being the responsibility of the mare owner.

7 members found this post helpful.

Wow, I am impressed what happens here.

I have held the "real" Chronicle in my hands for a few times, wondering about these kind of adds thanking trainers etc. and promoting whoevers showresults. (something we do not have in any magazine over here at all).

Wouldn't it be possible to buy from the donations an add in a broadly read magazine like COTH where all the stallion owners donating breedings for wronged mare owners are listed ? This would surve two aspects: help the people that have breeding contracts and get attention out that doing business with Gray Foxx Farm / Jill Burnell requires some additional research (to put it mildly).
    Off course one or the other lawer could and should check the wording, so that the wording does not lead to any complaints etc. from her (I understand that there are some lawyers posting here that might do this).
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    Filly Londontime - Sandro Hit - Rouletto
    http://youtu.be/1O23BeiKpkY

3 members found this post helpful.

^ ^ ^ Great ideas! Many ways to get the word out for free or cheaply: legal "takeover" "takedown" of JB's "official" website that is hosted by Yahoo.com - and putting up the PSA from the SOs on that website.

Many of the Equine publications / websites may give a reduced rate or free space to post the wonderful SO offer - the Leg Up organization is a non-profit. Publishers often give steep discounts to non-profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I would be pleased to offer a breeding to A Fine Romance with mare owners paying only collection and shipping charges.
    I am grateful to Kathy, worthashot/allie, daventry for their hard work in setting this up and giving us an opportunity to help out in this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxhavenfarm View Post
    We are willing to offer a breeding to Artrageous with the mare owners responsible only for mare care (for live cover) or collection/shipping charges. We are also willing to donate a straw of frozen with only the shipping charges being the responsibility of the mare owner.
    Thank you both for your very kind offer. If you can send them in an email to auction@leg-up.org, I can get them added to the site and we can keep the info organized and together in our email for our records. Thanks again!
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Here is a list of the stallions and services that have been donated already. Keep checking back, as new items are being added regularly. Once Jos and Kathy are done with the Auction site, I will llink that too.

http://www.leg-up.org/marin-county-f...tion-page.html

If you have an item or service to donate you can email us the details to:
    auction@leg-up.org
    Thanks again for the continued support!
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Hey All
    I don't think I have a claim in this mess but my dad is a lawyer in Sonoma County and I can get a few names of lawyers for you all. He lives in Marin and I grew up there so i know the area well.

I also bought a horse from Jill, he also got sick shortly after I got him. I am not sure if its worth filing a claim to recop some of the vet bills with him, they where about $3000.00, but I have lost a whole year of showing because of them. I love my gelding to pieces. I also have a mare that I wanted to breed to Aloha but I am waiting to see what other stallions are out there. WE don't have a ton of money so the $3K was a big amount of money for us.

Deardra 75

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Deardra75 View Post
    I also have a mare that I wanted to breed to Aloha but I am waiting to see what other stallions are out there.

Deardra 75
    You better just look at other stallionsa and not wait. You need to X him off your list...
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

I pretty much have.. I have found other stallions, just haven't picked one out. Trying to do a nice Arabian Warmblood Cross.

Two huge thumbs up to all the stallion owners for making such amazingly generous offers. Wow!