The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 127 of 224 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 4466

I'm wondering if some of the local TV news stations would be interested in doing a story on this whole mess? At the very least, it would get the word out that the Marin Humane Society needs donations for the horses. Would that need to wait until some of the legalities are underway?

2 members found this post helpful.

I'm just now catching up on this thread after the holidays-and so much catching up there is! A huge thumbs up to all the stallion owners and their incredible hearts and generosity!
    Real Horses. Real Riders. Real Results! www.wvhorsetrainer.com

1 members found this post helpful.

I would contact the investigator at Marin County Humane Society regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by yeskatboxxx View Post
    I'm wondering if some of the local TV news stations would be interested in doing a story on this whole mess? At the very least, it would get the word out that the Marin Humane Society needs donations for the horses. Would that need to wait until some of the legalities are underway?

We have offered to take some of the responsibilities off of Kathy and help organize the auction and get it up on the website. Jos is in the process of setting up an auction page so that others can donate whatever they have available or wish to donate.
    If you are a stallion owner who is interested in donating a breeding to your stallion to the Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance to be auction off, those funds will then be earmarked for Marin County and the horses of Gray Fox Farm.
    The auction won't be limited to just stallion services. Someone have a dose or two of frozen semen they want to donate? They can do that too. Just make sure you make it clear who is responsible for the shipping etc.
    Do you have an item or services you are willing to donate. We would be happy to include that as well.
    We have donated our services to build a website for the auction.
    Get creative and email us with your suggestion.
    Kathy @ kathy@equine-reproduction.com
    Allie @ alliekat0123@aol.com
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    COTHalter, would you mind starting another thread? I would love to hear all about it but this thread is a million pages as is, lets not muddy the water even more. Out away!
    I am not a victim, but a good friend of mine is and I am trying to get her to come forward. I think she will, and at that time a thread will be started. For now, here is a Yelp review that kind of sums it up. I believe NM moved in 2007 or 2008.

L V.

San Jose, CA
    1.0 star rating
    9/22/2009

Very bad place to take horse riding lessons. We paid for a one week winter session but after 1/2 a day, it was rained out. The owner said she would refund the money. Not only did she take practically a year to issue a refund check, the checked bounced. So we were out even more money due to bank fees for a bounced check. She ignored us and NEVER refunded our money. Completely unprofessional and very shady!!
    http://www.yelp.com/filtered_reviews...uWCv4VDVvjIBhg

http://local.yahoo.com/info-21594595...ables-san-jose

http://www.manta.com/c/mmj091l/hampton-place-stables

Kathy - I just emailed you.

Please include Guaranteed Gold in the "Leg Up" auction.

I'd be honored to participate

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    See I also have mixed feelings about this.

I think it is WONDERFUL that stallion owners are stepping up and helping out people who have been shafted by Jill Burnell. I can only imagine how I would feel if I had been in their shoes.

The part that I cringe at is that once again, other people are stepping up to cover Jill's bad debts. People paid her stallions' activations with registries in the past when she shafted her clients. Now people are stepping up and providing the service that SHE collected the money for. I am not saying stallion owners or mare owners are wrong. I applaud the move, but on some level it sits wrong that other people have to step up and fix the mess.
    None of these generous stallion owners are covering Jill's bad debts. Where did you get that idea? I doubt if they are saying "we'll give you a free breeding if you hand over your GFF paperwork" All these "wronged" breeders will still have their documentation to proceed with legal action, should they choose to. I'll bet most were just going to suffer in silence (well, except what they complained about to friends and family ). With all of this publicity, and now some consolation, they might be spurred into action.

I'm thankful to a Laurierace that I didn't buy a breeding to Redwine. Just a short PM at the beginning of these rumblings changed my mind.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    I think before any of this happens with a live auction, I wonder if it would be best to wait and speak with Marin Humane Society and find out exactly who covers the cost of their legal bills, etc. Is it the State, County, do they pay for it on their own?
    I've structured the page tos ay that the funds will be used for care, seizure, legal fees, etc. I know that it can sometimes be difficult to earmark funds specifically for some organizations. If it can go to legal, all the better. But if not, just being able to help out the horses and get things moving in tthe right direction, it's all good. And besides...if it all falls to pieces, there are certainly other causes that can be supported through Leg-Up, yes? . There's always a place or a person who will need help...wish it weren't the case, but unfortunately, life isn't always easy.
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    I think before any of this happens with a live auction, I wonder if it would be best to wait and speak with Marin Humane Society and find out exactly who covers the cost of their legal bills, etc. Is it the State, County, do they pay for it on their own?

I know Michelle is out of office until tomorrow...and there is a court date in a couple of days for Marin Humane Society and Jill Burnell. It might be best to wait until then to find out exactly what happens next.

I will definitely donate a web design to an online auction, but would like to know what the money can be used for first. Would hate to collect a bunch of money and have nowhere to send it if Marin can't use it
    I would think that at the very least the funds could be used to feed, vet,farrier and other expenses for animals seized and then end up in Marin County custody. At this point I think it would at least be a good idea to see who would like to participate if it is available so that we can get things organized and ready to go if it works out.
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

I Twittered GFF followers, so they can go this thread, if they haven't already. And let me take this opportunity to tell you all that you are A-W-E-S-O-M-E for being so generous!!

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alteredtime View Post
    I am so sorry for all those who have been wronged by this and other unscrupulous horse people. It was actually Krallen's unfortunate story that prompted me to post. This is a good illustration of why so-called "professionals" in all disciplines get away with taking so many clients. I had a similar experience purchasing a show horse from Europe through my then-trainer. The horse was alive, but completely unsuitable and lame. I too chose to walk away knowing that pursuing the matter would be costly and leave me no better off than I was. You can't get blood from a stone. This trainer is very well known and is still out there year after year with new groups of clients.

Good luck to all those involved with this person. And to the poor horses.

I would hope that a retired attorney who is still a member of the California Bar Association might help out this group with reduced rates. I know I would if I was still licensed in California.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Kathy, count me in using my guys for this cause. It's a great one. You rock.

I hesitated to offer up Argosy as a substitute stallion because he is no longer licensed...that said, not everyone in the h/j world is breeding for future breeders/registration. Just want a very fine h/j performer. So, Daventry, add me to the list. Clearly my other 2 stallions are not hunter types that those screwed are looking for...jumpers and dressage yes, not not hunters. lol!

Hey folks, we ARE a village aren't we?

BTW, it was Kathy who also gave me a heads up on JB when I inquired her about who this person was who was emailing me all the time -- and after she tried to get a "free" breeding from Argosy.

Kathy for President.

Man, I wish I was closer to Marin County. My big farm is almost empty since so many of mine have passed on and I have plent of room for them to foster. Boo.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywell Bay View Post
    I'm confused because on this thread, she was clearly sold to GFF.

www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?202899-New-Mare-Grand-Affair

She was/is a lovely mare who we watched show many times. Just superb.I wish nothing but the best for her. She is indeed, quite lovely, as are her sisters (and her offspring, etc etc).
    In the first post on the thread JB never said she bought the mare or owned the mare. She said "I have the mare". Possibly she has a free lease on the mare?

I know nothing about the original deal, but precise language (and assumed interpretation) are a bugaboo of mine. And, since JB was very careful to imply (without claiming) ownership, nothing in that post said she had bought the mare.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    In the first post on the thread JB never said she bought the mare or owned the mare. She said "I have the mare". Possibly she has a free lease on the mare?

I know nothing about the original deal, but precise language (and assumed interpretation) are a bugaboo of mine. And, since JB was very careful to imply (without claiming) ownership, nothing in that post said she had bought the mare.
    Thank you for superior reading comprehension. LH -You are absolutely right.

Grand Affair was one of the best horses I ever bred. Grand Affair and my stallion Grande Sovereign share the same sire the immortal Grande Saber. To those who ratified contracts with GFF - I offer a breeding to Grande Sovereign by Grande Saber- RPSI. This is the closest means to breed the Grand Affair bloodline.

The terms - Mare owner is responsible for collection & shipping costs. ALL collections for Grande Sovereign are serviced through the New Bolton Center. Limited live cover may be offered. Please contact Hunter's Peak for special consideration.

Thanks everyone..I could use a California based attorney.

Joan Watt
    Tellwynd@aol.com
    Tradition of "Grande" Sporthorse Champions
    Couture Du Jour - Devon Winner '10 & '12 & PHSA Champ '10
    Grande Desire & Impression '08-10 PHSA Champs
    Grande Sovereign -CH & HB Sire

I admire all of you for stepping up and helping the MOs and trying to help the horses too. I just have one question. If funds are collected for Marin County, how does that affect the total amount that Jill B would be required to get her horses back should the judge so decide... If she is supposed to pay back for expenses and a good portion of the expenses are covered by donations, does it mean her share is reduced by this amount? So she would not have as much to pay???
    I really hope the horses can be helped and that she is put out of business... forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post

Heh. I said the same thing on page 124...guess I didn't make it as clear as you did, however. The posts on that thread by JB say nothing about a purchase...just that she has the mare.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

In the end, it there must be a caveat that any horse that is helped through donations cannot go back to JB. Clearly, that would be financially enabling to the nth degree.

But then, we can't let the horses down worrying about whether or not she is legally able to get them back.

That's the rub. Sometimes you just have to do the "right thing", but it doesn't always mean that justice will be done for the person who brought on these atrocities.

Risk of having faith.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRoseFarm View Post
    I have not followed this so much lately. But I should be. I would very much like to bring Diamonette, AKA Enough Said home from being owned by Jill , should there be any possibility. She is about 19 years old now, and I worry what will happen to her. Any information about her would be appreciated, I did contact the Marin County officer long ago, but things get lost in the shuffle.

PLEASE, she deserves to be home with you! She is amazing and deserves a great life again!

Quote Originally Posted by cnigh View Post
    This is not the time IMHO to promote breeding or other stallions/programs. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth actually.
    I can appreciate your position, and while it may seem a bit soon, the truth is that for breeding, now is the time to get organized. Mare owners will need to research the stallions, and begin to prepare the mare for breeding in just a few months.

Just let it go.
    Last edited by Mardi; Jan. 1, 2013 at 09:51 PM.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Quote Originally Posted by TWF View Post

Thanks everyone..I could use a California based attorney.

Joan Watt
    Tellwynd@aol.com
    Have PM'd you with a referral.
    -Amor vincit omnia-