The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 121 of 224 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 4466

I hope very much that the people who have mares and/or foals at Jill's are aware of this development.

1 members found this post helpful.

Daventry, maybe you could do a new, unique new thread that will seek out those who have JB grievances and/or missing horses, missing money, horses purchased that arrived sick, etc. with the information you posted earlier.

That way someone doesn't have to go through a zillion pages to get to what is happening now.

Sort of a PSA announcment pertaining to Jill Burnell dealings.

Some may have given up and are not checking this thread now.

Since you have the most current and accurate information -- posting a new thread could be a big boost to get those people active in the case against JB. Just a thought.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    I hope very much that the people who have mares and/or foals at Jill's are aware of this development.
    Most of us are aware and its a very tough situation for everyone.
    Hickstead 1996-2011 Godspeed
    " Hickstead is simply the best and He lives forever in our hearts"
    Akasha 1992-2012 - I will always love you sweet girl.

Does any one know the name of the Facebook group mentioned? (Or have the link?)

Also looking forward to the direct link to make donations for GFF horses.

Hoping for a positive outcome for all of the poor horses Great work and persistence from those involved!
    Braeburn Farms
    Collingwood, ON

Facebook

Justa Bob, I got on the site and couldn't find a special place to donate to this particular situation. Maybe I missed it? Admittedly, I'm horrible on the computer.

Can you send a direct link to that donate page?

Quote Originally Posted by EquineLVR View Post
    Most of us are aware and its a very tough situation for everyone.
    I wish all the best for you and your horses. Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    Justa Bob, I got on the site and couldn't find a special place to donate to this particular situation. Maybe I missed it? Admittedly, I'm horrible on the computer.

Can you send a direct link to that donate page?
    Here is the link to the Marin Humane Society Donation Page:
    https://www.kintera.org/site/c.aiIOI...fOXJsK3JePYIyH
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Oldenburg & RPSI approved pony stallions Daventry's Power Play & Goldhills Brandysnap
    Also home to Daventry Equine Appraisals www.EquineAppraisers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    Then I hope they will work out some way to allow adoptions outside of the local area. I'm certain that most people would be willing to pay the costs involved in doing a background investigation.
    there is a huge rescue network here - there are many many many people who can help if it comes to that.

It sounds like they have only seized the stallion (Romantic Star, who looked horrible in the pictures Posted recently and I am beyond appalled to hear how he could be a condition of "1" ( ) and one mare, from Daventry's post.

I would be glad to contribute to the care of these deserving animals if I know more of what is happening. And what to do directly in support of getting those horses in safe places.

Jill ripped me off, and at least several other stallion owners for semen, with bad credit card numbers, way before she bought Redwine.

Her con game has been going on for many many years. So sad to think that it has gotten to this point. I shudder to think about the horses in her " care" .

A cute mare I had for a couple years and could not get in foal was shipped by her owners to Jill. I hope she lands safely. She would always have a place here in Virginia with me.

This entire saga make me sick.
    Robin Stewart
    www.woodsendfarm.com

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillside H Ranch View Post
    Well, if you want to believe the Facebook rumors (posted in a public group) it is Romantic Star and he allegedly had a body condition score of 1. Seems like legit news, b/c there is also contact info. for Marin County Humane Society, asking anyone who was owed a breeding to Romantic Star in 2013 to please contact them.
    Unfortunately, this isn't correct. I think the post you are referring to is telling someone to contact Marin Humane Society regarding their breeding to Romantic Star. There is a post a few minutes earlier from the person saying they purchased a breeding to Romantic Star, at some point in the past, and Jill Burnell never honored the breeding. The information post was simply telling them to contact Marin Humane Society, as they are gathering evidence from disgruntled clients and would like to have as many people on board as possible. The more we can stick to the facts, the more we can help out the Humane Society.
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Oldenburg & RPSI approved pony stallions Daventry's Power Play & Goldhills Brandysnap
    Also home to Daventry Equine Appraisals www.EquineAppraisers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    Here is the link to the Marin Humane Society Donation Page:
    https://www.kintera.org/site/c.aiIOI...fOXJsK3JePYIyH
    I read they will be providing a dedicated link for these horses eventually but it's not up yet.

Ahh...thanks, I couldn't find it. Will wait until it is up. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    Unfortunately, this isn't correct. I think the post you are referring to is telling someone to contact Marin Humane Society regarding their breeding to Romantic Star. There is a post a few minutes earlier from the person saying they purchased a breeding to Romantic Star, at some point in the past, and Jill Burnell never honored the breeding. The information post was simply telling them to contact Marin Humane Society, as they are gathering evidence from disgruntled clients and would like to have as many people on board as possible. The more we can stick to the facts, the more we can help out the Humane Society.
    My fault then, and I did say it was possibly a Facebook rumor. Although if you read in that thread there is a breeder saying it is Romantic Star (she *heard* it from someone close to the situation and that he was a 1). My apologies if the info is incorrect.
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

Why can't the stallion's name in question be made public?

It doesn't matter which stallion it is, the fact he's in bad enough shape to need immediate hospitalization speaks volumes. He should NEVER have ended up in that shape!

Maybe, just MAYBE this saga will come to an end and the horses/people affected will have a better life now!
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by back in the saddle View Post
    Why can't the stallion's name in question be made public?

Yeah, I don't get it. We go from making everything public to suddenly this information can't be shared.

Default Thank you!!!!!

I just wanted to thank all of you for keeping this post alive and for spreading the word so more people wouldn't get burned. And I'm VERY happy that the process has started to get those poor horses good homes where they will be loved and cared for properly. You're good people.
    Last edited by yeskatboxxx; Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: misspelled word

33 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by yeskatboxxx View Post
    I just wanted to thank all of you for keeping this post alive and for spreading the word so more people wouldn't get burned. And I'm VERY happy that the process has started to get those poor horses good homes where they will be loved and cared for properly. You're good people.
    Thank you! Your pictures are what finally convinced many of those who were still baffled by her bull. Those horses have you to thank for this as well.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by yeskatboxxx View Post
    Thank you, and as Laurierace wrote, you have done many people and horses a great service. Well done!

Happy New Year everyone.

"Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to."
    (Miracle on 34th Street)
    -Amor vincit omnia-