The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 111 of 224 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 4466

ooops.

Hahaha!
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    I'd be booking a flight right now, then hiring someone with a trailer and then calling the local sheriff's office to meet you and the trailer at her farm.
    This.

Can you have a shipper, perhaps a local person, take the foal to the vets for the coggins & health cert. Coggins should only take a day or two, then have the foal picked up from the vets?

Heck, post on U-ship, you can probably find someone willing to deal with Jill & pick up said foal & deliver to he vet for layover.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    Capone I was seized.... He was returned to a former owner and NOT gelded.
    However, he was not seized in California. In California, there is a mandatory neuter-spay law for animals being adopted out by a humane society.
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntrJumpr
    No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.

LuvMyHunter - maybe hire a Private Investigator to find out the location of the foals, if she has moved them. (Or maybe Dawg the Bounty Hunter has a few free hours, lol)

Is your foal weaned? If not, it has the same coggins status as the mare until it is weaned. Dunno if that helps you or not.

As others have advised - I would get yourself or someone you trust to act as your agent, out there , hire a hauler to meet you and get your foal. Drive directly to a vet clinic to get a coggins in your name. Maybe even board the foal at the vet clinic until the results are in (or for treatment if the poor lil thing is sick)

I Agree fully with Jody Jafe who advised calling the local newspapers and the TV news.

This is a horrible situation, I hope it all turns out well for you! Good Luck!
    Last edited by Flying Ponies; Dec. 17, 2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: content

HoofJustice seems to know where the horses are and their condition. Doubt that she would get involved but perhaps she might let you know the location.

Jill's cronies are probably updating her on your post so I wouldn't be surprised if she moved your colt.

2 members found this post helpful.

I'd bet something happened to the foal and that is why the stories or that she is going to say you owe X amount of dollars for board or whatever before he can leave. Seems like that is the pattern she follows. Sorry you are having such a hard time. I would do as others suggested and get law enforcement, the press and anyone else willing to help involved. Also second contacting Hoof Justice.

Jill has accepted friend requests on FB in the last day, so she's got web access, and is most likely reading.

Quote Originally Posted by ambar View Post
    However, he was not seized in California. In California, there is a mandatory neuter-spay law for animals being adopted out by a humane society.
    Oh well. North America is not suffering from a shortage of quality stallions. It's a shame. They don't need to be gelded, but the loss of their testicles would be a small price to pay to see Jill Burnell's foal-mill shut down.

As for the poster who can't get her foal seen by a vet, hire a shipper to haul the foal to a veterinary hospital in the area or to another farm. A few days or a month at another farm is a small price to pay to not have to deal with JB.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    HoofJustice seems to know where the horses are and their condition. Doubt that she would get involved but perhaps she might let you know the location.
    Yes, this seems to be your best bet right now. HoofJustice is with the Marin Humane Society 415.883.4621 . Tell them you fear something has happened to your foal.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Not sure if they will be of help to you or when their next run that will pass Marin will be scheduled (they run WA to Southern Cal, weekly) but American Horse Transport is the shipper that I used. They were rockstars and were adamant about getting my mare off of Jill's property. I owe so much thanks to them in helping me out of my GFF situation. It may be worth a call to the dispatcher to see if they can help, even though at the time they vowed not to go near Jill's property again. Although, you'd have to have a current address for the foal... I wish you all the best and I'm so sorry that this type of thing continues to happen to honest horse owners.

3 members found this post helpful.

If the vet clinic wont go out if you pay them upfront, you need to do more and now.
    I would've been in CA yesterday. I hope every thing works out and your baby is OK.
    Accuracy is the twin brother of honesty; inaccuracy, of dishonesty.
    Nathaniel Hawthorne

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post

Jill's cronies are probably updating her on your post so I wouldn't be surprised if she moved your colt.

0 out of 1 members appreciated this post

Is that you Jill?

2 members found this post helpful.

Default Regarding Jill's Facebook presence:

I may be wrong, but pretty sure you can remove Facebook posts via a computer, but not via a smartphone. Her computer probably crashed months ago and she's too broke to fix/buy a new one and is using her smartphone now.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyhunter View Post
    I am the owner of Rothchild, Jill has cancelled our vet appointment, foal is in our name at USEF. Trying to figure out where to go from here......
    You wrote on your facebook post "Jill....if you have cancelled this appointment we will need to pursue legal actions as this appointment is in my name + needed to transport the foal."

Sounds like it's time for legal action...hopefully you have something in mind.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted River View Post
    I may be wrong, but pretty sure you can remove Facebook posts via a computer, but not via a smartphone. Her computer probably crashed months ago and she's too broke to fix/buy a new one and is using her smartphone now.
    I think you are correct, I hadn't thought about that. Still you would think she would go to a library or somewhere else with public computer access and remove the posts if she had half a brain. Not that I don't have my doubts about the brain part.

4 members found this post helpful.

This is too ironic, I just emailed her today for more info on breeding to romantic star. I am crushed, I was in live with him and he is a perfect compliment to my mare. I guess the search is on again.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhorne89 View Post
    This is too ironic, I just emailed her today for more info on breeding to romantic star. I am crushed, I was in live with him and he is a perfect compliment to my mare. I guess the search is on again.
    Well, sadly you will likely hear back from her faster than the person trying to gain possession of their foal. Gotta keep that revenue stream going!

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted River View Post
    My guess is that she cannot afford cable or DSL at her new location - wouldn't be surprised if she left unpaid utility bills behind, and the cable/phone companies in her new location won't connect her till she clears up the outstanding bills, and coughs up a hefty deposit for new service.

4 members found this post helpful.