The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 106 of 224 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    Yeah- they might not have realized the e-mail address was public (easy mistake to make when registering here) and I don't think it is right to publish it like that without permission.
    i do not think that the public can see the email addresses for users here. only if you have a user ID and are signed in can you get to the info re: email addy's afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    i do not think that the public can see the email addresses for users here. only if you have a user ID and are signed in can you get to the info re: email addy's afaik.
    I meant that new people do not always know the email address is publicly available to other members. You have to set it on your profile so it doesn't show up (as mine is). Then when someone adds it to a thread as above, it is public to anyone. So we're on the same page.

And thanks alter44 for making the change. Just in case that's an issue for that person (and maybe it isn't).
    Last edited by horsepoor; Nov. 25, 2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Autocorrect...

ahhh gottcha

and yes, thanks COTHalter44 !

I have been following this thread for some time and I thought I remembered equinedriver saying she was from Aiken SC, so I went back and searched.
    I found this post: "
    equinedriver
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/im...er-offline.png Working Hunter

Join DateJul. 19, 2003LocationAiken SCPosts555

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/im...cons/icon1.png

I moved to Aiken 2 years ago from the mid west. We had not moved in 22 years. The thing I like about it is that VERY FEW of the horse people here are from Aiken, so they are very welcoming. You don't feel like the 5th wheel trying to get into an already established group.

I went into shock over hay prices, but have found a way to deal with that. The hunter jumper scene is fairly active, but not on a major scale like eventing. Highfields does a nice job with the PSJ shows so as long as you aren't looking for the big time, you should be quite happy with what you would find there.

I don't get it. What's your point Dogdays?

1 members found this post helpful.

Just doesn't sound like she is Jill. I read where some thought she might be, that's all.

I certainly hope that the fact that Jill Burnell has left a long string of unpaid vet and feed bills trailing behind her would be alarming enough (and insinuates to me that she cannot afford either) to merit an investigation by humane resources.
    "It's not how good you ride, It's how good your horse covers for you." -Kristan
    Magic Rose Farm- home of Beste Gold & Hot Shot
    Beste Gold & Offspring on Facebook
    Magic Rose Farm Warmbloods on FB

WOW, 107 pages and 2121 posts, have we set a new COTH record yet?

2 members found this post helpful.

I am still waiting for more information on this case. Any and all information would be helpful for the case. I am not afraid to leave my email open to those who care to know who I am. Burnell knows who I am. Thanks to all of you who have assisted. I need more however. Equine Driver cannot be found. Thats ok, lets start over. I am free to talk to any of you Tuesdays through Saturdays. 415-506-6236
    Last edited by HoofJustice; Dec. 1, 2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: spell check

7 members found this post helpful.

I know that Jill is still up to her same old tricks; I just feel so bad for the people that she has taken advantage of. Just yesterday a trainer was on her Facebook page asking her to pay the $3000 + bill that she owes (owes money to their vet and farrier, too). I don't think she has left many bridges un-burned, but I do know some novice mare owners who are thinking of breeding to her stallions, so I think it is still important to try to get the word out.
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

Quote Originally Posted by HoofJustice View Post
    I am still waiting for more information on this case. Any and all information would be helpful for the case. I am not afraid to leave my email open to those who care to know who I am. Burnell knows who I am. Thanks to all of you who have assisted. I need more however. Equine Driver cannot be found. Thats ok, lets start over. I am free to talk to any of you Tuesdays through Saturdays. 415-506-6236
    you might consider starting a new thread asking for info... not many are left watching this thread i dont think.... and your message might be lost. if you start a new thread it will get more attention.

4 members found this post helpful.

You know, if this thread had not been started, I too would have been duped. Almost was, I guess.

I KNEW I recognized the name, but could remember WHY. Took me some time to piece it together.

Some time ago I kept getting promo emails from "Gray Fox Farm"...oh, well. Never read them and then deleted. Get things like this from a lot of farms and breeders.

Then about a year ago, I got a "be a friend" notice on FB. Since it was a horse person I accepted. I eventually weed through them and delete those not up alley.

Suddenly, my FB page was filled with young horses for sale -- a ton of them. They all looked "wet". Weird, I thought. It became so busy with GFF postings, and such a nuisance. I contacted a horse friend who I thought might now of her -- and got a pretty bad story -- so I "defriended".

Then lo and behold this thread came up and I put 2+2 together. But what bugged me was I felt I had had some other contact with her...the name kept sticking in my head from some other time.

Turns out back when I was offering some free frozen semen test breedings to my stallion Argosy, she was one of the "takers". Sure enough, I found her signed breeding contract in my files. But no documentation that it came to fruition.

I had to write Kathy (EquineReproduction.com) since she and Jos store Argosy's frozen semen to bump my memory. No semen sent, thank God -- I suspect because she had to advance the shipping and container fees.

I'm so grateful, after reading this, that never happened. I couldn't bear to think I contributed to a foal mill or worse, I contributed any new creature that would wind up in a pile of dead foals.

Just an awful thing. And I'm not stupidhead -- been around awhile. It's tragic that she's still up to her stuff for the continuing unsuspecting.
    Last edited by sid; Dec. 1, 2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: wrote too fast. mising words and typos

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    you might consider starting a new thread asking for info... not many are left watching this thread i dont think.... and your message might be lost. if you start a new thread it will get more attention.
    Excellent idea. This thread has had a fair amount of influence; the situation needs to be kept out front.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Well, this should be interesting! If Ms. Burnell has 50 + horses with no adequate place to get out of the weather, overcrowded. Marin will end up seizing the horses.

If THAT happens, all stallions will be gelded, and ALL horses adopted out on a non-breeding adoption contract.

Someone get me popcorn...

Hurray Popcorn for a new user !!!

And what a ridiculous post to impute Marin that her agenda is to geld the stallions. Interesting... and good evening Jill !
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    Filly Londontime - Sandro Hit - Rouletto
    http://youtu.be/1O23BeiKpkY

I am going to put my adoption application in just in case! I would love Redwine in my barn with or without his jewels!

7 members found this post helpful.

GFF is housing 50+ horses ?

Considering the amount of heavy rainfall and wind in their area during the past few days, hopefully, some how, she was able to provide adequate shelter for all of them.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

fwiw, many horses around here live without shelter. i do't keep my horses that way but many do. it is California after all....

as for gelding - i know several rescues that have happened where the stallions were allowed to remain stallions..... and i am not sure how anyone would be able to keep someone from breeding a horse once it was theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    GFF is housing 50+ horses ?

Considering the amount of heavy rainfall and wind in their area during the past few days, hopefully, some how, she was able to provide adequate shelter for all of them.
    It is easily 50+. When I visited spring 2011 it was that if not more. I know she's sold some, but she's also been acquiring more at the same pace.

I read somewhere the North Bay (JB's area) got 8+ inches this week. The horses do not have shelter, and I can't imagine what the place looks like after all this. At the very least, I hope they all have blankets.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella M View Post
    Well, this should be interesting! If Ms. Burnell has 50 + horses with no adequate place to get out of the weather, overcrowded. Marin will end up seizing the horses.

If THAT happens, all stallions will be gelded, and ALL horses adopted out on a non-breeding adoption contract.

Someone get me popcorn...
    Oh look, Jill is back.

There are worse things than cutting the stallions. Better that than they be left to a worse fate which is VERY likely when she finally hits rock bottom and has no money to feed and care for them. Based on what I have heard recently, I don't think she's that far off from there anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillside H Ranch View Post
    I know that Jill is still up to her same old tricks; I just feel so bad for the people that she has taken advantage of. Just yesterday a trainer was on her Facebook page asking her to pay the $3000 + bill that she owes (owes money to their vet and farrier, too). I don't think she has left many bridges un-burned, but I do know some novice mare owners who are thinking of breeding to her stallions, so I think it is still important to try to get the word out.
    Color me confused. Curiosity got this cat and I went and peeked at her page. Isn't the Laurie who's on her FB demanding money owed the very same who a few pages back said she's not spoken to Jill since Jully ?
    lauriep
    4. I haven't spoken to Jill since July, so not exactly a close relationship. Junior is an equal opportunity handler and other than our longest term customer, who has been with us since day one, no one gets preferential treatment.
    So which is it she owes you money or you haven't spoken to her?