The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 102 of 224 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 4466

Sorry, EquineDriver has been here as a COTHer for quite a while and if I were her, I'd be lying low too. The Hounds of COTH and the World At Large could be at her throat right now knowing that she's compiling data.

Better to hunker down and ride out the storm until it's legal conclusion than risk ruining everything and see THAT woman get away with it again.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Bob View Post
    Last ED post on COTH was Sept 6th. Hope all is well.
    well, as i understand people who have had complaints with Jill have ED's contact info - yes?

if i were one of those i would be contacting ED and talking about getting someone to be backup - just in case..... that is a LOT of info to of given one unknown person.....

eta: ED is posting on COTH - last post Oct 1st.... so why doesn't someone contact them?

This is a disturbing turn of events, if ED is not posting or responding to PMs ... unless her attorney advised her not to due to progress in the class action suit.

One can only hope it's a positive reason.

Otherwise, I do fear that she was, in the end, intimidated into going away. Which I would not blame her, at all.

I know someone involved in rescue, and frankly, it can get fairly scary when you get angry crazy with money and legal representation.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    that is a LOT of info to of given one unknown person.....
    and that is why that although ED made the offer, she may have found herself completely overwhelmed, and now worried that he/she can't follow through.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairview Horse Center View Post
    and that is why that although ED made the offer, she may have found herself completely overwhelmed, and now worried that he/she can't follow through.
    It's all complete speculation, but it is possible that there was no chance for a class action suit, at all.

In which case, no one wants to come back here and state that it was all for naught.

Hopefully, ED is "walking softly and carrying a big stick".

Wait and see time. Hard to be patient, but as we all know compiling info for a suit of this size and so many victims will take a lot of time.

And at this point, some discretion posting on a internet site would be wise in ED's situation.

At least that's what I'm thinking. Glass half full.

That was a big job that Equine Driver volunteered for. Since people faxed and emailed info to her directly, I am assuming they have her direct contact info -- yes?
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

I may be proven wrong, but given that all of Jill's alters and her PMs came across as being quite clearly wacky; I did not get them same impression from any of Equine Driver's posts at all.

Unfortunately, I don't think criminal investigators would necessarily provide updates on an ongoing investigation; so if ED packaged up the info and forwarded it to the investigators, they wouldn't necessarily follow up with her beyond confirming receipt of the info.

Hopefully, ED will at least let us know that she is okay.
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

I truly do hope ED is ok. I can see why s/he would be hesitant to update this thread, but a simple "things are moving along" would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwill View Post
    It's all complete speculation, but it is possible that there was no chance for a class action suit, at all.

In which case, no one wants to come back here and state that it was all for naught.
    The lawsuit may be a bust but no way this thread could ever be for naught. It's not perfect as there are obviously still some people at least attempting to do business with Jill Burnell but I think the numbers are less than they would have been without this thread.

Equinedriver is posting on coth - last time i checked last post was 2 days ago... so its not like they aren't around.....

I don't really blame Equinedriver for dropping the project. Right before she quit posting on this thread, someone, or two posters, had (and this is what I thought) pretty rudely doubted her credibility in several posts. I doubt this gave her much encouragement to continue what was to be a long, drawn-out project needing much effort. I don't doubt that she was also privately threatened. It's also possible that the moderators stepped in with some warnings.

diane that is a lot of speculation......

perhaps those that are deep in this issue should try to contact ED OR start a new thread asking for folks who would like to form a committee of some sort and then re visit the idea of asking for submissions from folks who were wronged.....

it seems that Jill is out of the picture right now due to lack if internet connection?

eta I cant imagine someone with no history of being wronged would want to be involved... so it seems that folks who are involved need to be the ones doing the work....

I didn't say the thread was unhelpful; I meant that if I was in ED's shoes, and I said I would do something and it didn't pan out, I probably wouldn't come back here and post that there was no hope of a lawsuit. It wouldn't be worth it to get the criticism and arm chair quarterbacking, IMO.

Of course this thread was a wakeup call for a lot of people. It's good that it's here, and the ripples will be felt for years to come, I am sure.

Y'all....!!

Starting to sound a bit paranoid!! Now stop it!!

carry on...
    Our horses know our secrets; we braid our tears into their manes and whisper our hopes into their ears.

Just a little bump to stay on page one.

Anything new?

Here is some thread CPR.... :P
    Clancy 17hh chestnut Dutch WB, '99. Owned and loved since '04 and still goin'!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Tehzebra View Post
    Here is some thread CPR.... :P
    . .

I must say it is a bit disconcerting that there has been no word from ED.

Even it ED cannot divulge detailed info a "hi...I'm still here and working on this and cannot discuss it"...would be very good to hear so for many who have spend so much time coming forward on this thread.

Hope this was not all a ruse or red herring.

Has anyone tried PMing her? I can imagine most of the info was being PMed to her and that she's not actively following the thread.