The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 74 of 224 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 4466

Eagle flew the coop ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kwill View Post
    Eagle flew the coop ...
    Not really missing his contributions , so best to let sleeping dogs lie.

I have read this from the beginning, and I don't know much about the sport horse industry. With that said I will tell you I never thought he was legit or believed any of his/her reasons for posting.

It is interesting they left.

I'm just shocked she still has her FB page up...can't be good with constant string of posts directing people this way..

Quote Originally Posted by Jealoushe View Post
    It is interesting they left.
    It's in difficult times that you realize who your true friends are. From what I can tell, all the rats have jumped ship.
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Oldenburg & RPSI approved pony stallions Daventry's Power Play & Goldhills Brandysnap
    Also home to Daventry Equine Appraisals www.EquineAppraisers.com

Just checked Gray Fox Farms FB page...there is actually a link here, first time I've seen this. Jill Burnell must be sleeping in this morning.

So have there been any successful judgments against Jill Burnell of Gray Fox Farm for all the monetary delinquency's ?
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Successful as in: A court said "Jill you owe this person $$$ money. I find in the favor of the plaintiff".

or successful as in: "Dear so and so, here is the money the court says I owe you. Signed, Jill". ?
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Just a note here from a trial lawyer regarding judgments:

In most states (probably all, but I am not licensed or familiar with the laws of every state, so cannot say for certain), once you get a judgment against someone, you first have to wait for the judgment to become final (you must give the defendant time to appeal). When the judgment becomes final, then you have to execute on that judgment. To do this takes more time and money and legal fees.

You apply to the court for a writ of execution that must then be served by the proper authorities. Those authorities generally serve the writ on the defendant and demand immediate payment. If they do not receive payment, they can then begin seizing non-exempt property that will then be sold to try and satisfy the judgment.

All this takes a great deal of time, effort and money. Many successful plaintiffs just don't have the funds to do it - or the defendants don't have sufficient assets to seize and sell. And there are VERY tricky laws regarding what you can and cannot seize - and if you seize something that is not subject to seizure, there are bad penalties attached so that many plaintiffs are afraid to try it.

And in some states you can hit the defendant's bank account with a writ of garnishment or attachment that will then seize whatever funds are at that moment in the account - but most defendants are wise to this and keep changing bank accounts or banks or never let money sit in the account long enough for the plaintiff to learn on what day to execute the writ.

So, most sucessful plaintiffs file their judgments in the property records of the county in which the defendant resides and it puts a lien on the defendant's real property which then cannot legally be sold without the lien/judgment being paid from the proceeds.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

1 members found this post helpful.

i wonder if that is why they let their property foreclose?

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    Successful as in: A court said "Jill you owe this person $$$ money. I find in the favor of the plaintiff".

or successful as in: "Dear so and so, here is the money the court says I owe you. Signed, Jill". ?
    Successful as in judgement and then money's paid..has she ever made good on a single case ?
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Eagle flew the coop ...
    Still here! As far as the competition question, it was just that, a question!

Of course you are still here.... you were just reloading.

Or.... The defendant can just file bankruptcy here in Ca. and most likely walk away from it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    Just a note here from a trial lawyer regarding judgments:

In most states (probably all, but I am not licensed or familiar with the laws of every state, so cannot say for certain), once you get a judgment against someone, you first have to wait for the judgment to become final (you must give the defendant time to appeal). When the judgment becomes final, then you have to execute on that judgment. To do this takes more time and money and legal fees.

You apply to the court for a writ of execution that must then be served by the proper authorities. Those authorities generally serve the writ on the defendant and demand immediate payment. If they do not receive payment, they can then begin seizing non-exempt property that will then be sold to try and satisfy the judgment.

All this takes a great deal of time, effort and money. Many successful plaintiffs just don't have the funds to do it - or the defendants don't have sufficient assets to seize and sell. And there are VERY tricky laws regarding what you can and cannot seize - and if you seize something that is not subject to seizure, there are bad penalties attached so that many plaintiffs are afraid to try it.

And in some states you can hit the defendant's bank account with a writ of garnishment or attachment that will then seize whatever funds are at that moment in the account - but most defendants are wise to this and keep changing bank accounts or banks or never let money sit in the account long enough for the plaintiff to learn on what day to execute the writ.

So, most sucessful plaintiffs file their judgments in the property records of the county in which the defendant resides and it puts a lien on the defendant's real property which then cannot legally be sold without the lien/judgment being paid from the proceeds.
    Chris Misita
    www.hiddenvalleyfarms.net Home of Bravo and Warrick!
    To dare; progress comes at this price. All sublime conquests are, more or less, the rewards of daring.
    Victor Hugo

Saddest part is her parents got that place for her. And she ruined it.

I'm sure losing the house was the least of their heartbreak in this situation.
    Chris Misita
    www.hiddenvalleyfarms.net Home of Bravo and Warrick!
    To dare; progress comes at this price. All sublime conquests are, more or less, the rewards of daring.
    Victor Hugo

don't pilots ever fly? He is on ignore anyway. Really don't care about what he has to say!

I figured he was making these kind of annoucements on his flights:

"This is your captain speaking. If you posted concerning Gray Fox Farm on the sporthorse forum on the Chronicle of the Horse bulletin board recently, please move to the last row of seats and don't expect a complimentary beverage. For the rest of you, have a pleasant flight!"

I figured he was making these kind of annoucements on his flights:

"This is your captain speaking. If you posted concerning Gray Fox Farm on the sporthorse forum on the Chronicle of the Horse bulletin board recently, please move to the last row of seats and don't expect a complimentary beverage. For the rest of you, have a pleasant flight!"

Default Bankruptcy, tax fraud or evasion.....

Quote Originally Posted by misita View Post
    Or.... The defendant can just file bankruptcy here in Ca. and most likely walk away from it all.
    Yes, they can, BUT, the assets that you are allowed to exempt in a bankruptcy are pretty limited. All of the horses etc would be subject to the bankruptcy liquidation..........and if she suddenly starts selling off assets in anticipation of judgements etc, they can be reclaimed and included, see the case of the rich horse guy in FL that killed someone while drunk driving and tried to transfer assets to his girlfriend and children so they couldn't be seized to pay for any future judgement. He did this WELL ahead of the legal action, but after the accident. The courts voided the transfers and included the assets.

I have had some contact from a person"in the know" who is gathering internet evidence of horse/foal sales and reported stud fees sold posted by Jill on various internet sites and is compiling them to be sent to the CA Dept of Revenue and the IRS for an investigation for tax fraud. Her defense to this of course would be that she didn't really own that foal, or that she only sold 25 breedings to Redwine, not 96 as she represented, which if it turns out to be true, is then just more evidence of fraud for the AG or FBI, so it's a win win. Thank you to them for doing that for me. I realize the Federal IRS and be very slow, but in MANY states, the State Dept of Revenue can be relentless, and they then report to the IRS. The more different ways we approach this from, the more likely one of them will result in some action being taken.