The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Craigslist TB in midwest

http://southbend.craigslist.org/grd/3208040140.html

Anyone looking for an event prospect? Look at the trot and knees on this Craigslist mare. I think she's a great prospect who could use a rider upgrade. I have no affiliation with this horse or rider, of course, just hoping to maybe get the right eyes on this horse. I really can't buy another right now or I would go get her myself.

Good sport pedigree too, Alydar, blushing groom and in reality. Get her off the forehand and straight and she will look like a different horse.
    Last edited by fordtraktor; Aug. 19, 2012 at 08:26 AM.

Whoa Nellie! jeez No vet ck. necessary. She trots sounds on the gravel drive

I agree, definitely worth a look @ that price.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

She's an angel. Someone go git her!

who could use a rider upgrade
    Click here before you buy.

ok. Maybe I need to go see her. What a sweetheart! love her racing pic. 36 starts, wow.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/lucky+lassie3

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Res...433&registry=T
    Hillside Haven Farm
    From starting gate to start box!

What a gorgeous mare!

Im old fashioned and cant get past the riders heels and release but thats a very nice looking horse!

Holy cow, I'm in love. And that's saying something considering I don't like mares or smaller ones.

Yeah, she could use a jockey upgrade, but I think that little 11 year old kid is a dynamo! Some time in the saddle with some good instructions (or at least someone to raise her stirrups four holes ) she's going to be a great little rider.

wow, that is a diamond in the rough right there. Hope somebody on coth gets her

She's about 10 hours from me... tempting...

All next to a busy road

Worth a look, and looks to be loved & cared for & somewhat let-down - not a given with a CL ad...

Quote Originally Posted by subk View Post
    Holy cow, I'm in love. And that's saying something considering I don't like mares or smaller ones.

Yeah, she could use a jockey upgrade, but I think that little 11 year old kid is a dynamo! Some time in the saddle with some good instructions (or at least someone to raise her stirrups four holes ) she's going to be a great little rider.
    I totally agree, I did not mean to insult the kid, she has some awesome seat of the pants talent. Just saying that the horse would look better after a little dressage training.

I hope someone picks her up. And then keeps us informed about how awesome she is!

Oh dear.

I might be in danger of needing another horse at the moment. But I'm supposed to be on the lookout for one that other people might want to ride, like a 16.2hh calm gelding as opposed to yet another speedy little mare.

I'm trying to think of an excuse, like I'm not sure where Indiana is or something like that.

Also, I love the kid. I love how she's got her eye up and rides forward, and I love that her parents let her ride around in the front yard like this.

Man she is pretty! I've got a gelding by the stallion, "Star Of The Crop", on the dam's side. My guy ran 45+ times and has the best work ethic. Always tries hard. Super tempting! Not too far from Lexington, Ky.
    Last edited by RedRyderKy; Aug. 19, 2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Now know where mare is located
    Things happen for a reason...so when I reach over and smack you upside the head, just remember...you gave me a reason!

Well now I've called and left a message.....
    Things happen for a reason...so when I reach over and smack you upside the head, just remember...you gave me a reason!

Here's some info that I got. Current owner wanted her as 2yo but couldn't buy her then. They tracked mare throughout career and finally bought her last December. Current owner ran her once in June, mare didn't do well so they have decided to find her a good riding home. Video is mare's first time jumping, rider normally does barrel racing/rodeo. Current owner feels mare is a more english type which is why they are not keeping her. Mare is a light cribber.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyderKy View Post
    Well now I've called and left a message.....
    Well do keep us posted! She is a diamond in the rough for sure, love the trot up and over and down the drive way!

I'm too far, and though potentially looking for another horse, it has to be a gelding because... well Mr. " I LOVE ME SOME WOMEN" is a PITA around the ladies!

That's her first time jumping?? That definitely ups the cute/diamond in the rough factor for me. What a willing, patient girl! Light cribber might not be the end of the word...

She's too far from me (Google maps even confirmed . Not that I could get her anyway right now) Who's going to take her home and keep us updated?

JER what are you talking about "people might want to ride"? There's a whole list of people on this thread who want to ride her! That counts

Sending serious enabling vibes to whoever needs them. I'm an expert at justifying things. If you need some excuses, I'm happy to provide them!
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

I'm slightly turned off by the cribber part because of potential resale. So how much would that affect the price of the mare who say was competing novice safely, and could be ridden by a kid? I personally love small aka 15.2-16 hand horses, but I'm a minority. I'm afraid I'll hear, "So that's a 15.2 mare who cribs? Oh I'm sorry I'm looking for a gelding who is at least 16.2 and definitely not a cribber!"

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyderKy View Post
    I'm slightly turned off by the cribber part because of potential resale. So how much would that affect the price of the mare who say was competing novice safely, and could be ridden by a kid? I personally love small aka 15.2-16 hand horses, but I'm a minority. I'm afraid I'll hear, "So that's a 15.2 mare who cribs? Oh I'm sorry I'm looking for a gelding who is at least 16.2 and definitely not a cribber!"

light cribber might just be ulcers and could go away in a different situation....but you should proceed as if it will be worse. I would think small and mare will lower the potential resale more. She's pretty cute....and that always sells
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

A light cribber doesn't bother me since my horses live outside and don't have much on which to crib (electric fence). It wouldn't turn me off enough to not go have a look, and is always a negotiating point when it comes to price.
    Click here before you buy.