The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For the Ocala show: With three months to go, I might bring one of mine. If not, then I will certainly be there as a spectator. If I might suggest, why not give at least a participatory ribbon for all FL bred horses that come to the show, as well as a high point and reserve FL bred at the show? I would also particularly mention the breeder (all this info to be filled in by the exhibitor). The state bred awards might work for all shows in whatever states--Fair Hill = Maryland breds?

My two were barely race horses: One (FL bred) broke down before he started or was tattooed at 2, the other one (KY bred) had one start on the turf at Tampa at 3, and that was his entire race record.

I think these shows are the greatest concept going. But have some fun--most starts, least starts, most money won, etc. Maybe you'll wind up with the race trainer with the most horses represented or the breeder with the same. Anything to merge reciprocal interest between the two different life styles/careers.

Hope you keep the JC names too, even though the JC names on both of mine are terrible.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Great ideas Betonbill, I will pass the along

I just might contact Jan about one in ATL. I am currently an unemployed Event Marketing pro, so definitely something up my alley that I have time for!
    TIMBERRIDGE SPORTHORSES:
    www.timberridgesporthorses.com
    --> Just Press Start // '99 Oldenburg
    --> Always The Optimist (reg. Simply Stylin) // '02 Thoroughbred

Land of palms, rattlesnakes, sand and fields of beautiful Tbs

Interesting.
    Piney Woods

Is this show only for US bred TBs or could an imported OTTB also compete?
    The rebel in the grey shirt

JWB
    I am fairly certain any tb's with proof of their heritage can compete, but I will check with the organizer for you

The closing date is Nov 26 th , they need a bit of lead time to look up the entries

...anyone set on going ? Should be a fun, relaxed day geared toward positive experiences and exposure for ottb's.

http://tbhorseshow.com/about-us/
    Last edited by TampaBayEquine; Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: added date

Was really disappointed with the classes offered.
    The "eventing prospect" class is actually just a showmanship class (although they do have a dressage and hunter suitability class)

The bigger thing is that while it's at Longwood, they're only running combined tests, and at wonky heights...
    22. Pre-Starter CT (18″)
    23. Starter CT (2’3″)
    24. Beginner Novice CT (2’7″)
    25. Beginner Novice CT (2’9″)
    26. Training Level CT (3′)

I loved the idea of it, but the classes offered were not of interest. I hope they will consider running a full 3-phase and FEH/YEH type classes in the future. We'd be there in a heartbeat if they did.
    We decided to go to the schooling show that weekend instead.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

The closing date for the All Thoroughbred Horse Show has been extended to November 26th.www.tbhorseshow.com
    A little bit of something for everyone!! Longwood is sponsoring a $500 High Jump class for more advanced horses. Total $1800 prize $. $300 Intro C class too! Being that this is the first show in Florida, it will evolve but to get our hooves wet, we are keeping it easy and simple, affordable for owners, unitimidating for TB`s that do not have the show mileage. Please attend and show your support for our wonderful Thoroughbreds!!!

Sounds like a fun day for horse and rider farmstour! I used to belong to the Oregon Thoroughbred Assc, they had classes for the ammie owner. Made for a full day of riding, reminded me of my 4-h days. Very low key and fun, fun, fun. Hope you guys have a great show!!!

Oops, actually the sponsors of the shows was the Thoroughbred Exhibitors.
    Last edited by Gestalt; Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Name of assc was wrong
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

1 members found this post helpful.

we will have sever al horse there, and we as a farm(camalou farms) also sponsored two divisions.can't wait.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

1 members found this post helpful.