The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking FREE Board in Coweta County GEORGIA (30277) UPDATED!

I am looking for a co-op type boarder situation, and since I don't pay board, I figure I'd do the same.

**Here is what I have to offer:

- 1 acre paddock with 3 large run-ins (one is used for hay storage) that opens up to:

- 3 - 4 acre pasture with plenty of shade trees, and a small pond (mine don't really go near it)

- Fescue grass mix - its good, but not too lush (is perfect for Drafties, ponies and easy keepers)

- with in walking distance of a lovely Dressage Barn, and down the road from several H/J Barns.

- Minutes from Peachtree City, Senoia, and Newnan.

- Plenty of quiet lanes and pastures to ride on, plus several arenas within riding distance.

- I have a Mini Gelding and a quiet 3 year old POA filly, both are well behaved and barefoot.

- excellent vet in the area.

**Here's what I would like:

- someone to share in feeding, and blanketing in winter, and pasture upkeep. My husband died in June, and I have a 10 year old and a 19 month old - and while my ponies are easy, I could still use the help.

- someone to ride with me.

**The Catch:

My Mini has mild Heaves, so I cannot feed round bales, though squares are fine. Therefor, this is NOT the place for a hard keeper. However, square bales are fine.

You would still pay for your own hay, feed, and supplements.

Though free, I would still require a contract.

If interested, you can PM me here, email me at: katbird76@gmail.com or text only (it's an iPod) at: 678-383-PONY
    Last edited by Freebird!; Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:56 PM.

Forgot to add: there is 4 board fencing on all sides but one, and it can have electric tape run along the top (I already have the box for it)

Also, I live with in walking distance.

Bump for you. This sounds ideal-don't you and some of your neighboring farms want to relocate to western NC? Hope you find just what you're looking for!
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Add in an hour of babysitting now and then so you can get a ride in and it's still a great deal. Wish you were closer. I hope you find the perfect person.

Thanks! I'm reluctant to really advertise this, but I am really wanting to find someone. I have plenty of pictures of the place on my Facebook, and 4 different COTHers have been here, so I can certianly provide references.

Think I still have your #. I'll call....
    Y'all ain't right!

I think BeastieSlave's horses' are pretty settled at their new home (at the farm behind my house, so I get to drool at her lovely WB every day!)

So....anyone else? I have a great vet, and Chocomare does a bang up trim job every 5 weeks or so.

I took pictures of the place about a week ago, and would be happy to text/email them to anyone interested.

I am really starting to wonder if I have the plague or something...kinda figured Free Board would be snatched up in minutes!

If I were in Georgia I would snatch your offer up in a heartbeat! I'm surprised you haven't had more interest!
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

Oh I wish N.FL was GA. Have one broodmare and a pony mare that I am looking for just that situation for the broodie prefers to be outside vs stalled. Phooy

Good luck in your quest !
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

I advertised a special deal on boarding (reduced board in exchange for riding with me) on our regional pony club email list. I found someone great that way. I think the trouble with COTH is that everyone is so scattered there may not be anyone close enough to you.

Good luck, it sounds really fantastic. I hope you get a wonderful person. (I did, we are still friends years later).

Quote Originally Posted by quangkute83 View Post
    I thinks some of your neighboring farms want to relocate to western NC . I hope you find the perfect person.
    Reported

I don't think my guys are what Freebird is looking for, but the setup is definitely a good deal for an easy keeper! Her beasties are darling and no trouble at all!
    Y'all ain't right!

Thanks Beastie! I moved them so that they are just next door to me - on Meadow Way - and they now have really awesome grass, and a super cute barn! It's an even better set up now for rme.