The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default small brag on my young horse

Nobody in my life is understanding why I'm so excited about this ...and maybe it is a little silly.
    but a couple days ago I had a lesson on my 6-y/o gelding that I've trained myself from halter breaking on up. We jumped an extremely technical, tough course at 3'6"-3'9", and he jumped it really well and super solidly. It wasn't hard for him in the least. Before then the biggest full course we'd jumped was around 3'3", and not nearly so technical.
    I just can't believe it. I can't believe he's my horse and that I brought him here. I'm just so proud of him.
    We're doing our first Training next month.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth

Congrats!! That's so great I would be so excited if I were you too!!

Thats awesome! Congrats! Its always nice knowing that you have put in so much work and its paid off! So glad to hear!... and love the name, My real name is Skye =P
    Nothing better than an OTTB.... Just Plan Partners,Penny, you have stolen my heart<3

http://secondchancethoroughbreds.org

This.
    This is why we are eventers.
    We understand and empathize and congratulate and are happy for you, because it's a life and not just a hobby or a passing phase.
    God willing there will always be somebody here to understand and be thrilled for you and for me with these great accomplishments in our eventing lives. Long live COTH, eh?
    Good on ya!
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Pictures! We need pictures!!!

Thanks! It's so nice to talk to people who get why I'm excited.
    and my name is Skye too, obviously.
    No pictures of the lesson, but I'm going XC schooling in a couple weeks and will hopefully have photos of that since I'm going w/ a group, and there will definitely be pictures of our event next month!

Congrats!!!! It is SUCH as awesome feeling when the light comes on and the greenies 'get it'. And SUPER kudos to your training ability!

My giveaway mare just did her first huntpace last weekend, and we're doing a fieldhunting clinic this weeked (eek!). She had only been out schooling once before the hunt pace and stopped once at every fence. However, after the second fence in the pace, she decided that she wanted to go over ALL the fences...and not only that, she wanted to go over all of them FIRST! (We were riding in group of 5). I was so stinking proud of her!!! Even thinking about how awesome you must feel is making me relive my feeling of awesomeness.

Keep up the great work and send us some pics!!!
    "You cannot find yourself by going into the past. You can find yourself by coming into the present." -Echkart Tolle

Thanks for the support! And it's so great hearing about everyone's greenies. Congrats to all of you making progress.
    I got some dressage photos today ...our dressage is by far not up to par w/ our jumping, but we've been improving a lot lately, so I'm proud of my boy there too.
    working trot
    trot lengthening
    canter
    Last edited by supaflyskye; Aug. 18, 2012 at 08:47 AM.

Nice! I totally understand what you mean. I tell people about a really great lesson where my horse jumped around above and beyond what I expected and I see their eyes glaze over. So fun to see all your hard work pay off! Love your brown field boots.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert