The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Global Champions Tour?

Global Champions Tour video used to be available on Universal Sports, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Anyone know how to access video either on computer or through television? Darn. This was such a fun tour to watch - I am vexed that I can't access it anymore.

There is no Global Champions tour anymore. The Saudis are going to take up sponsorship of a new tour though. And Universal Sports has not carried any show jumping events in a couple of years, at least not in my area. My DVR is set to record all Equestrian events, and nothing has taken place in a few years on my cable station.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    There is no Global Champions tour anymore.
    Um, not really. Chantilly was a few weeks ago and Valkenswaard is this weekend.

Live streaming during GCT events :
    http://www.globalchampionstour.com/gct-live/

Video archives :
    http://www.globalchampionstour.com/events/

There absolutely is a Global Champions Tour. McLain is competing at Valkenswaard this week along with quite a few others from the US.

This is the website for 2012.

You can watch videos for almost every rider from almost every class. Go to Results and Videos, select a show, select a class, select a rider.

http://www.globalchampionstour.com/

HRTV has had the Global Champions Tour on. It is a premium cable channel that you get with the sports package. It is mostly horse racing, but does have show jumping, dressage and reining.

Thanks everyone who gave me useful information! I have HRTV (love it!) so I will keep checking to see when Global Champions is on! Monte Carlo was my favorite - watched that last year - looked like a great venue from a spectators standpoint, not so wonderful from a riders'!

Thanks, I didn't realize the GCT was still around. It hasn't been shown on Universal Sports in at least two years unfortunately. And I posted this response yesterday, but just realized that somehow it never materialized.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Thanks, I didn't realize the GCT was still around. It hasn't been shown on Universal Sports in at least two years unfortunately. And I posted this response yesterday, but just realized that somehow it never materialized.
    It's probably not shown on Universal because the GCT website does a live feed of each of their shows.

Smile GCT still around

For sure the Global Champions Tour is still around!
    This year we have 2012 events around the world and next weekend already the 10th event of the 2012 season.

All the action can be followed via www.globalchampionstour.com/gct-live
    Furthermore the Grand Prix will be broadcasted by Eurosport and diverse other channels.
    For a complete overview you can find the broadcast schedule here: http://www.globalchampionstour.com/tv-schedule/