The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1089
  1. #781
    Join Date
    Jan. 13, 2008
    Posts
    5,534

    Default

    You have been in my thoughts, too, Tamara.



  2. #782
    Join Date
    Apr. 29, 2006
    Posts
    3,396

    Default

    Here, too. Many prayers.



  3. #783

    Default

    hello all

    well I wanted to first thank you all for the love and kindness you have sent to me,I do not think I deserved it, but you gave none the less in excess.

    thank you to those whose names appear on the donor lists that the foundation sends to me each month

    we continue to farm " to every thing there is a season"
    right now it's the keep the stock fat and prep machinery for it's winter sleep and soil test and order seed and fertilizer

    the ewe herd increased by 27 new lambs in about 10 days time and they are a joy to us....the horses just wait for spring like the rest of us

    the holidays were sad in streaks but overall not bad,the children came and all were gathered...I went to no ones house or cooked a grand meal as the effort would have been too much...it remains my favorite holiday so I thank god that man did not ruin that for me as well

    and on the subject of him,he was arraigned in mid nov....which for non legal types means that he had to convince Hiz Honor he should NOT go the the grand jury on the third monday in Jan....

    He failed.

    I went to the DR today for the regular old boring checkup and most of the weight I had lost in those first awful two weeks has returned...

    two songs caused me to burst into tears driving on the way home and then it passed,like dark clouds

    so I hope you all have a good new year upcoming....

    Tamara
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  4. #784
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    40,698

    Default

    Good news, life goes on.
    Nothing any cuter than those lambs, that are born with a smile on their faces.

    Thank you for the update.



  5. #785
    Join Date
    Dec. 7, 2001
    Location
    Cullowhere?, NC
    Posts
    8,621

    Default

    I just felt a weight lift a bit, reading your message. I promise my name will make it onto one of those lists, as soon as I have a month where I'm not buying a load of hay; I should have my stock for the rest of the winter now. Hoping for some good snow soon ...
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

    Spay and neuter. Please.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  6. #786
    Join Date
    Apr. 15, 2008
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Good to hear things are going ok-ish; we got some wonky hay at the barn last week and I found myself tsk-ing and wondering, "what would Tamara say to this?"



  7. #787
    Join Date
    Jan. 31, 2003
    Posts
    18,472

    Default

    Tamara, I think of you often.. Glad to hear you and your family made it through the holidays in good spirits. You are an inspiration.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  8. #788

    Default

    yes MP a good snow would do wonders for us all

    Tamara
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.



  9. #789
    Join Date
    Apr. 9, 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Tamara, I'm looking at the East Tennessee Foundation where I thought the Calvin Howard Agricultural Scholarship Fund was being managed, but am not following how to donate. Can you provide the link and/or directions? I would really appreciate that.

    Karen



  10. #790
    Join Date
    Mar. 11, 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,237

    Default

    Figured I'd share publicly because I'm feeling ornery (don't ask). So,, wanted to say T keep the snow. I selfishly want the warm-up (weather). The red head will be showing first level this weekend. Have someone coming from NC to look at her the end of the month. They're visiting family and thought they'd take a gander. Lauren is back home and riding the red head. The two look great together. Will send pics if I can get them from the show. Will be having daughter dearest ride in the upcoming recognized show given my current state of affairs. Just wanted to let you know (and Himself) that The Dude really wowed our clinician today. She said and was actually gasping for breath that he's going to have "Awesome Half Passes". Menai Dambuster is the most under rated stud there is. You deserve several pats on the back (as does Himself for driving there and back) for picking him out to take the place of the one before who was so dear. Hell I'm truly an amateur who works 50 hours a week and comes home sometimes too tired to ride; but what riding I can do is capable only because of the wonderful pairing you've made (and perhaps another like breeder or two). Himself may have made "a comment or two" about the whole welsh cob ordeal but, he knew his stock and so did you.......the evidence is so damn hard to miss that's it's drawn so much attention, hee, hee, hee, hee, hee, hee......... I'm so damn lucky and I know it, Thank YOU, Thank YOU, Thank YOU.

    Just spent 6 hours on the highyway behind a traffic accident and the most awesome son of the most awesome stallion and his barn mate were golden.............(yes I'm tailgate drinkin', wish you were here, well maybe not but you know what I mean)
    Ranch of Last Resort
    www.annwylid.com


    1 members found this post helpful.

  11. #791
    Join Date
    Dec. 7, 2001
    Location
    Cullowhere?, NC
    Posts
    8,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanely Eccentric View Post
    Tamara, I'm looking at the East Tennessee Foundation where I thought the Calvin Howard Agricultural Scholarship Fund was being managed, but am not following how to donate. Can you provide the link and/or directions? I would really appreciate that.

    Karen
    Go to http://easttennesseefoundation.org.b....com/home.aspx

    In the upper right-hand corner are the words "GIVE NOW" in white and orange letters; click there and it takes you to the form to donate.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

    Spay and neuter. Please.



  12. #792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exvet View Post
    Just wanted to let you know (and Himself) that The Dude really wowed our clinician today. She said and was actually gasping for breath that he's going to have "Awesome Half Passes". Menai Dambuster is the most under rated stud there is. You deserve several pats on the back (as does Himself for driving there and back) for picking him out to take the place of the one before who was so dear. Hell I'm truly an amateur who works 50 hours a week and comes home sometimes too tired to ride; but what riding I can do is capable only because of the wonderful pairing you've made (and perhaps another like breeder or two). Himself may have made "a comment or two" about the whole welsh cob ordeal but, he knew his stock and so did you.......the evidence is so damn hard to miss that's it's drawn so much attention, hee, hee, hee, hee, hee, hee......... I'm so damn lucky and I know it, Thank YOU, Thank YOU, Thank YOU.

    Just spent 6 hours on the highyway behind a traffic accident and the most awesome son of the most awesome stallion and his barn mate were golden.............(yes I'm tailgate drinkin', wish you were here, well maybe not but you know what I mean)
    I wish I was there as well.... when it snows hard...then I get to have dinner in NC with monstrpony while/after the children are on the slopes....it's a tradition that goes back years...so should have said "snow HERE"

    yours is a grand boy and he made us both very proud with every photo and vid you sent....I remember He said once "well he (Rez) turned into something didn't he?" I'm going out to see Dambuster right now to graze him awhile in some of the last remaining dark green grass....I'll pat him and giselle for you while I'm down there. love you.
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.



  13. #793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanely Eccentric View Post
    Tamara, I'm looking at the East Tennessee Foundation where I thought the Calvin Howard Agricultural Scholarship Fund was being managed, but am not following how to donate. Can you provide the link and/or directions? I would really appreciate that.

    Karen

    hello...he will have his own hotlink "sometime after the new year" is what they have told me....since this will be a decades long thing,I guess they were not in a hurry about it. MP has provided the way for now,hopefully soon it will be much easier for those looking.
    thank you
    tamara
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.



  14. #794
    Join Date
    Apr. 9, 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monstrpony View Post
    Go to http://easttennesseefoundation.org.b....com/home.aspx

    In the upper right-hand corner are the words "GIVE NOW" in white and orange letters; click there and it takes you to the form to donate.
    Do I just click on "OTHER" and then add the scholarship name?



  15. #795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanely Eccentric View Post
    Do I just click on "OTHER" and then add the scholarship name?
    yes...they will apply it and then send you a note back that it had been done.
    tamara
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.



  16. #796
    Join Date
    Apr. 9, 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    I wasn't sure whether to make it as a tribute, but I did type in the scholarship name for Calvin.

    Tamara, I think this is such a special thing that you've chosen to set up.



  17. #797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanely Eccentric View Post
    I wasn't sure whether to make it as a tribute, but I did type in the scholarship name for Calvin.

    Tamara, I think this is such a special thing that you've chosen to set up.
    it gives me happier things to think about.
    tamara
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  18. #798
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    40,698

    Default

    You can also send a check thru the mail.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  19. #799
    Join Date
    Jan. 19, 2011
    Location
    Coastal Marsh of Texas
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Continued condolences, Peace, & Justice in the New Year to you and your family, Tamara.



  20. #800

    Default

    about every two weeks the charity in charge of the Ag fund gives me the updated list of donors....thank you.

    we hope to have her at fully funded levels in time for the first scholarship award to go out this fall.....

    best
    Tamara
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.


    2 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: Oct. 26, 2012, 07:09 PM
  2. Mutch scholarship info, others like it
    By alittlegray in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug. 14, 2012, 02:15 AM
  3. Wow! Thanks for the Prayers and Jingles!
    By Auburn in forum Eventing
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Aug. 5, 2010, 08:31 AM
  4. **jingles and prayers needed for my boy**
    By SuperEventer in forum Eventing
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: Mar. 1, 2010, 05:27 PM
  5. Replies: 63
    Last Post: Sep. 4, 2009, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •