The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Tamara,

I am so glad that your sister is moving in. Having her support when life goes on for everyone else, will help you so much, I am sure. I live in a house on my parents property, and times like today - sick with a stomach bug - make me wonder what on earth I would do without them.

How old are your kids? Having them close to you helps, I know, but also don't forget to make sure that you have some YOU time as well. At first being alone with my thoughts was too painful, but now I relish it. It's still hard for me to sleep. I have an iPod touch, and I'm on it at some pretty odd hours of the night, reading or posting here.

I love FB, but sometimes reading about peoples happy lives, is just too hard. There is a FB group that another COTHer told me about for young widows. I don't post often, but it helps interacting with people who really get it.

Glad you got the casket shopping out of the way. We did that the day after my DH died, and I remember feeling so numb, and wondering how things that were going to be buried could be so expensive.

Anyway, I don't mean to talk about myself - just wanted to tell you from someone who gets it, that I'm praying for you. Sadly, we are not the only young widows here on COTH.
    Kat

Tamara,

I am so deeply sorry. I read about this for the first time, tonight and with my heart in my throat, hurting, I can't begin to imagine your grief. Though, even in the midst of this senseless, tragic loss, your gifts are apparent: strength, wisdom, kindness and love. No wonder you have so much love around you now. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    "The slogan will take you like lemmings to the cliff. You'll feel better than ever, and into the abyss... There'll be no more war, there'll be no more choice." PiL

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara in TN View Post
    I went to town today.Everyone,everywhere without fail, stopped to give maria and I their love and embraces and tears.We could go no where w/o someone speaking to us in love, with love and kindness.These are the gifts of the Creator to us.This was the image we were made in.Not anger nor wrath nor malice nor hatred.The love of simply country people for one another. I will not concern myself with the dark side and it's works. It suffocates rightly in this place in this little town on this mountain.
    Tamara you and Calvin bring and brought forth the best in people.

I am glad you are so enveloped by people who care deeply for you.

Tamara,

So very deeply sorry for your loss. Just learning of this now. You and your family are in my prayers.

Deepest condolences to you and yours Tamara. This is so hard to digest but you seem to have a wonderful and strong family to help you through this rough time. Blessings to Calvin, a wonderful, wonderful family man.

My condolences to you and your family, Tamara. I am so sorry. You and the family will be in my prayers for some time to come.

I was camping for a week, and just logged back on today. I was so saddened to read about this tragedy.

Tamara, you continue to be an inspiration to all of us with your strong sense of faith and love. You are in my thoughts often and I hope you know that you have many people, who have never met either you or Calvin, keeping you in their prayers daily. May you get through the coming days with help from the good Lord above.

Tamara,

I have never met you but I think of you every day and my heart breaks for you. I am amazed at the grace and courage you display through this tragedy. If everyone on this earth was like you, it would be a wonderful place. So glad your sister is moving in with you.

Tamara,

Continued prayers going up for you for the peace that passes all understanding. You are an inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara in TN View Post
    I went to town today.Everyone,everywhere without fail, stopped to give maria and I their love and embraces and tears.We could go no where w/o someone speaking to us in love, with love and kindness.These are the gifts of the Creator to us.This was the image we were made in.Not anger nor wrath nor malice nor hatred.The love of simply country people for one another. I will not concern myself with the dark side and it's works. It suffocates rightly in this place in this little town on this mountain.
    Tamara, I am so glad you are surrounded by so much love and light in this dark time.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    "Half the failures in life result from pulling in one's horse when it is leaping."

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=eca0d15457

[QUOTE=Tamara in TN;6502844

if others had done the same over their lives perhaps they would not now appear "Deform'd, unfinish'd, sent before my time Into this breathing world scarce half made up"

Tamara and Family[/QUOTE]

Shakespeare's Richard III? Tamara, you (and your family) are indeed a wonder and inspiration at this time. So much grief, and so much eloquence brought to and from it. We come here to send you condolences, but I, for one, feel I receive more from you than the other way around. Yes, celebrate Calvin's life, and the way it clearly and so honorably carries on through you, your daughters, your farm.... What blessings you bring to our so much disturbed and corrupted world!

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Shakespeare's Richard III? Tamara, you (and your family) are indeed a wonder and inspiration at this time. So much grief, and so much eloquence brought to and from it. !
    my comfort is always been in the old works....for Himself Louis L'Amour <eyeroll>

he'd say "listen to this baby"....and he'd read something to me....

I'd reply..."you interrupted Herodotus to tell me about a deer skining gone wrong?"

He'd snigger and say "it's good for you"....

Of course, he fell asleep many nights right smack in the middle of me reading something to him...Hard on your pride to hear someone start snoring in the middle of a sonnet.

Tamara
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

Well Herodotus did say you can never skin the same deer twice, didn't he?

Hi Tamara. Still thinking of you and your family. Good thoughts, of course!

for Himself Louis L'Amour

Hey, I resemble that remark

as for the sonnets, that Tolkien and y'all's interest in sci fi, I think you and Perry are peas in a pod.......

Too bad Himself and Perry never got to meet in person but I figure if they did we wouldn't see them for a week while they solved the world agricultural issues and designed a whole new antigovernment, government
    Ranch of Last Resort
    www.annwylid.com

he loved the pics of the still :>

t.
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

I am glad to hear your family is moving in with you. You have been in my thoughts often these days.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

I came across this thread late last night and was just so shocked by this news. What a tragedy.

I too have never met Tamara but always enjoyed her posts AND learned from them.

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

Quote Originally Posted by monstrpony View Post
    ...."This is what God looks like when working inside a human."

I was not raised with any formal religion, and haven't a religious bone in my body, but I can't help believing that this person is probably right.
    Herein lies the difference between "religion" and relationship. Tamara is living out her Relationship before our eyes.

Stand firm upon The Rock, dear Tamara,
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoMare View Post
    Herein lies the difference between "religion" and relationship. Tamara is living out her Relationship before our eyes.

Stand firm upon The Rock, dear Tamara,
    Just read a great article...

http://www.esquire.com/features/best...?click=main_sr

Your comment reminded me of it rather directly... :=)
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com