The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spinoff: What movie/TV/book character is your horse?

Spinning off the D&D thread -- what fictional (human) character reminds you of your horse?

My OTTB: Al Bundy from "Married With Children." A put-upon grouch whose response to every rider question was "Do I have to?"

My Appendix gelding: Hank Hill from "King of the Hill." A real square who was committed to doing the right thing. I could totally see him selling propane and propane accessories.

1 members found this post helpful.

My pony would be Dennis the Menace.

My small mare would be that girl from so many movies/shows that is a huge dork but turns out to be the star player on the team.

My older mare might be the "ain't nobody got time for that" woman from youTube fame- a little testy, wants to be in charge, but deeply cares about things.

Princess Mare is Ginny Weasley. A fierce, independent little redhead with a defiant streak and a very selectively-revealed sweetness.

2 members found this post helpful.

My Belgian X foxhunter was the Rock. Big, muscular, with a great sense of humour... but don't mess with him or you'll be sorry.

My stb mare is the Jennifer Lawrence character from Silver Linings Playbook. Beautiful, talented and extremely sensitive, she's honest as hell but has some PTSD in her past.

Cartman from South Park.

He's fat.
    He's probably fat due to a metabolic issue.
    He's a bully.
    He's lazy.
    He wants his cheesy poofs.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

5 members found this post helpful.

My goofy and wicked smart gelding with an air of bravado and the style of a rockstar is definitely Dean from Supernatural.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Cartman from South Park.

He's fat.
    He's probably fat due to a metabolic issue.
    He's a bully.
    He's lazy.
    He wants his cheesy poofs.
    PA Hi-Ly Visible [PA Hi-Noon (by Magnum Psyche) x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)]

Proud member of the Snort and Blow Clique

Cool This is such a fun thread!

Moonie (aka Moonie the Evil Mini, aka Moonie the Mob Boss) the mini gelding, is every Mafia character that Joe Pesci ever played.
    Moonie is 8 hands of pure pugnaciousness. His first reaction to a Scary Object or Scary Thing is to try to kill it -regardless of the size of the Scary Object or Scary Thing.

Sterling (aka Fluffy, aka Sterling the Saintly Arabian) the Joey character from Friends.
    He's a beautiful grey Arabian gelding who is extremely food motivated; athletic but tends towards laziness; affable to all; easygoing to a fault -but not the sharpest crayon in the box.

My beloved chestnut Arabian gelding, Vee (aka "Vee-God-D**nit," aka "Vee-I'm-not-impressed-by-your-dramatics," aka "Really Vee, Seriously?") is the gelding version of Angelina Jolie.

As with Angelina Jolie, he is beautiful and charasmatic, especially when he turns on the snort-and-blow dramatics. He's frighteningly intelligent, very dramatic, athletic, sensitive, reactive, 9/10 hot, has a strong sense of justice/fairness, and does not suffer fools gladly.

Like Angelina Jolie, he has a history of behavior problems and failed relationships in his past, mostly due to an owner who was unable to "get " him.

Once you have successfully completed his testing process and he has decided that you are his human, he is incredibly loyal and affectionate and so much fun to be around. After he has figured out that his dramatics don't work on you, he is a joy to train because he is so intelligent and wants to please so badly -like I expect Angelina Jolie would be with her directors.

He wants to take care of his person, even if his version of taking care of his person is getting you both to safety at a high rate of speed. He's a horse you either love or hate.
    Last edited by californianinkansas; Aug. 19, 2015 at 09:18 AM. Reason: punctuation
    PA Hi-Ly Visible [PA Hi-Noon (by Magnum Psyche) x Takara Padrona (by *Padron)]

Proud member of the Snort and Blow Clique

3 members found this post helpful.

My gelding is Sam Elliot!!!

Gorgeous in a traditional cattle working western QH way, loves the ladies, and a bigger guy so I always assume his voice is that chocolaty velvet baritone that everyone swoons over. Even if the ladies don't care for him, he protects them just the same in his herd and likes to make sure everyday they still don't like him by getting too close....rest assured they still don't like him.
    He also is a bit of a ham and loves loves loves to touch and play with everything (I assume Sam Elliot does this too, he does in my dreams)
    but cross him or his girl (me!) and he will come after you guns a blazing!

He also is very loyal to his girl (me again!) but could care less if his social circle is expanded to more then just his girl (yup..me!)
    if you havent fallen off a horseā€¦.then you havent been ridin long enough

My mare is Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon. Anyone who knows her and watches the movie sees the similarities without prompting.

So my horse ALEX is not a human movie character

he is like MAXIMUS from Disneys - Tangled

He is bold
    he knows everything
    he has better ideas

Ron from Harry Potter.

I had to think about this for a while.. but I could see my horse being Delmar from Oh Brother Where Art Thou... sweet, but stooooooooooopid.
    AETERNUM VALE, INVICTUS - 7/10/2012

Given interesting work (roughly anything other than drilling 20 meter circles), my horse is Katherine Hepburn, in anything. If inflicted with too much dressage, or when I haven't been spending enough time with her, she is Roz from "Monsters, Inc."

Dracula. Anyone care to guess why? :-)

I have a great picture of me on my horse, with 3 other friends on their horses, standing in a semi circle around our clinician, Deb Booker. It was taken in the front pasture of the boarding barn and it is lovely. I call it my black Beauty picture. That was 30 years ago, but we were all friends, horses all boarded there, it was a lovely day, and brings back sensational memories.
    Black Beauty is my horse.
    Another killer of threads

We had one we nick named Bundy (after Ted Bundy, not Al).

When he was a 2 year old he bit the braider's nipple. Bundy ever since.
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

Dating myself but...

Oldest gelding - Captain Kirk, Star Trek - over confident, swaggering and a bit of a ladies man.

2nd oldest gelding - George Bailey, It's a Wonderful Life (but with some brawn) - decent, kind, generous, sweet, handsome and damn near perfect. I'd say Captain America but he's not the bravest at times.

Young gelding - Forrest Gump - 17'3 and just turned 4 - life truly is like a box of chocolates for him.

Oldest mare - Mary Richards, Mary Tyler Moore Show - independent, doesn't hangout with the herd, no interest in the geldings and has self-preservation thank goodness.

Youngest mare - Bridget Jones - foolish, struggles with her weight, impetuous and no self preservation (she just turned 5 so she has a lot of maturing to do).

This is fun! I would say that my gelding is Neal Caffrey (played by Matt Bomer) from White Collar...gorgeous, unpredictable, probably essentially good at heart but you're never exactly sure what he'll do next. Seems to have practiced making handsome faces in the mirror because when he's especially awful he always knows what look to give me to "get out of jail free"!

Gosh this is a hard one!

Rosey would have to be Sophia from the Golden Girls. Opinionated, talkative and independent.