The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Finger Lakes Finest 2015 Roll Call

No thread yet?? How are all the FLF-grads doing? I need updates!

Mine has had a nice and easy winter.. The snow/ice meant we walked all winter, and we are just now trotting again.. Hoping to debut Spring 2015 at a local dressage show if I'm not a weenie first.

Have to say I am really enamored with him now (it only took a year!). After 2 weeks completely unhandled due to weather I took him out for some TLC next to SO while SO fixed his car in the driveway.. figured I could kill two birds with one stone.. socialize w/ SO while working on Horsey's groundtying.. SO sets off the alarm while I'm standing behind horsey brushing his tail, horsey doesn't even move. I'll take it!

c'mon.. I know there are COTH FLFers out there... amastrike, rhymes w/ orange, banmharcach?
    AETERNUM VALE, INVICTUS - 7/10/2012

3 members found this post helpful.

I can play!

For Ries (KingoftheWest), its been a slow winter. He did "up-down" lessons until it got too cold to do that and then took most of January and February off. We are getting "legged up" again and starting back over fences. He still has some occult back issues that we will be chasing but otherwise all is good and he remains about the best behaved horse on the planet.

If the snow ever goes away (it came back yesterday) or the cold winds - I cannot wait to start hacking out again. I am very grateful for my indoor but am so sick of riding inside (at least I can ride).

I had to put Fred (Gold Medal Freddie - raced in '96) down last spring, so I am down to one OTTB of my own currently.

For my FLF boarders -

Rosie (Ride Now) is enjoying her life as an occasional riding horse and being her owner's "therapist"/pet. She doesn't have to do much, but certainly should be an ambassador for the war horse.

Cosmo (Shuldsold) ended his racing career about a decade ago and is have an easy year and has had most of the winter off this year. I think his owner is planning on hitting some hunter paces at some point.

Jimmy Chung may be relocated to CT with his owner now that she is done with college and has her "grown up" job. He remains crazy cute but is turning into a very light gray with a very dark mane and tail. I imagine he will turn heads no matter where he goes between his athletic ability and looks.

I hope everyone else has muddled through this winter and there will be lots of updates on FLF horses. The track is opening back up, so we should be back in for business and bringing this years listings to you soon.
    Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds
    fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

2 members found this post helpful.

My FLF, Chasin the Cash, who I bought after taking his listing, is being trained for the Makeover in Lexington with my daughter as his trainer. He was gelded in December and his temperament now is the same as it was before his castration: kind, quiet, unflappable and classy. My daughter is putting a solid dressage foundation on him and he responds well to everything she introduces, but nothing more than is appropriate for his level of training so far. So, we don't know if he will be a jumper but we have time to find out. He is a big boned and heavy horse and not a beautiful mover, but he is a quick learner and eager to please. We are really excited about participating in the Makeover and hope to present a credible performance.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhymes W/Orange View Post
    I can play!

For Ries (KingoftheWest), its been a slow winter. He did "up-down" lessons until it got too cold to do that and then took most of January and February off. We are getting "legged up" again and starting back over fences. He still has some occult back issues that we will be chasing but otherwise all is good and he remains about the best behaved horse on the planet.

If the snow ever goes away (it came back yesterday) or the cold winds - I cannot wait to start hacking out again. I am very grateful for my indoor but am so sick of riding inside (at least I can ride).

I had to put Fred (Gold Medal Freddie - raced in '96) down last spring, so I am down to one OTTB of my own currently.

For my FLF boarders -

Rosie (Ride Now) is enjoying her life as an occasional riding horse and being her owner's "therapist"/pet. She doesn't have to do much, but certainly should be an ambassador for the war horse.

Cosmo (Shuldsold) ended his racing career about a decade ago and is have an easy year and has had most of the winter off this year. I think his owner is planning on hitting some hunter paces at some point.

Jimmy Chung may be relocated to CT with his owner now that she is done with college and has her "grown up" job. He remains crazy cute but is turning into a very light gray with a very dark mane and tail. I imagine he will turn heads no matter where he goes between his athletic ability and looks.

I hope everyone else has muddled through this winter and there will be lots of updates on FLF horses. The track is opening back up, so we should be back in for business and bringing this years listings to you soon.
    Sorry to hear about Fred but so glad you still have one OTTB to keep you busy!! I didn't know there were so many FLFs in your barn -- must be fun to keep tabs on them! You know we need pics, right???

Foundationmare I heard through the grapevine that we had a few special FLF entries this year... that is awesome!! I remember swooning when I saw his listing... his butt is adorable We also need pics of his new job!!
    AETERNUM VALE, INVICTUS - 7/10/2012

My FLF, Bayshore Gal (Baylee, class of 2011) was finally ridden for the first time since June**. A friend and I tacked up and went for a short trail ride yesterday. She had a few bratty moments, but overall I was happy with her after that long lay off.

**No fault of hers, I was too busy with getting my new property useable last summer and fall and then this awful winter set in.

1 members found this post helpful.