The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep. 14, 2005
    Location
    central NJ
    Posts
    605

    Default Where are the QH fans?

    (Full disclosure: I'm the rider but not otherwise invested in the adoption, which is through a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit.)


    This guy needs to go to an eventing home! Registered 11y/o QH gelding available through Horse Rescue United:

    http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...33005463_n.jpg


    Some shots from his first XC school, which was also his first trip off the farm:

    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2473720&type=3
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1053277...212313/XC73112

    If he can do this well with a flapping monkey on his back after about a dozen rides together, just imagine how good he'll be once he's in a regular program with someone who knows what they're doing!

    Seriously, this is a super nice guy and I would snatch him up in a heartbeat if finances weren't limiting my herd to 2. Must be someone in the NJ area looking for a project?
    Last edited by NowThatsATrot; Aug. 15, 2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Add link
    Member of the Standardbreds with Saddles Clique!
    They're not just for racing!
    nowthatsatrot.blogspot.com



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar. 17, 2009
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    1,228

    Default

    Aw, he is super cute... exactly what I wanted my friend to get - an English-y stock breed - perfect for the LL adult amateur who needs a good brain!



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun. 16, 2009
    Location
    Gray Court, SC
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Such a beautiful horse. They had me up to this line
    Gem is playful under saddle and will test a new rider especially, so he needs someone advanced.
    . I love that they were open about this character trait, and bummed for my SO is looking for a good even tempered horse and matching grays would be cool

    I do hope he find a great home and he has a good life.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr. 17, 2012
    Posts
    1,961

    Default

    Great horse for a tight-seated Pony Clubber to take on up!



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct. 30, 2004
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    364

    Default

    I think I have his sister... I love the little stock horse types, esp. the gray ones!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7qJ3jYjze0&feature=plcp
    (I feel I need to mention that she's been on a diet since the video.)

    Someone needs to scoop up the Silver Gem!



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul. 25, 2012
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Go Quarter Horses!!!

    My big fat foundation is my eventing fool! Love the gray AQHA horses too.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul. 18, 2004
    Location
    Red Bank, NJ
    Posts
    1,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NowThatsATrot View Post
    (Full disclosure: I'm the rider but not otherwise invested in the adoption, which is through a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit.)


    This guy needs to go to an eventing home! Registered 11y/o QH gelding available through Horse Rescue United:

    http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...33005463_n.jpg


    Some shots from his first XC school, which was also his first trip off the farm:

    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2473720&type=3
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1053277...212313/XC73112

    If he can do this well with a flapping monkey on his back after about a dozen rides together, just imagine how good he'll be once he's in a regular program with someone who knows what they're doing!

    Seriously, this is a super nice guy and I would snatch him up in a heartbeat if finances weren't limiting my herd to 2. Must be someone in the NJ area looking for a project?
    You did a great job with him! I've met Gem a few times, and he's a really fun horse.

    Conformation photo in his winter woolies (December 2011):

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockand...ses/6532185437

    Having fun at Christmas time:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockand...ses/6541392797

    His AQHA name is Brynmore Wayne. The rescue got him when he was not yet gelded (he's gelded now) and had lived on a chain in someone's back yard for several years.
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct. 28, 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    What exactly is meant by 'playful' and 'test the rider'?



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar. 18, 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    I would absolutely take him if I were closer to NJ. I don't think I could swing the adoption fee and the shipping to get him to Tennessee, right now, though. I currently event a Paint/QH and think the world of my horse. The "playful" and "test the rider" aspect is part of the package. Love him!



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep. 14, 2005
    Location
    central NJ
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alibhai's Alibar View Post
    You did a great job with him! I've met Gem a few times, and he's a really fun horse.
    Thanks! He really is a hoot to ride, they make fun of me for giggling the entire time my butt is in the saddle.


    His pedigree is here: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/brynmore+wayne



    Quote Originally Posted by petesperson View Post
    I think I have his sister... I love the little stock horse types, esp. the gray ones!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7qJ3jYjze0&feature=plcp
    (I feel I need to mention that she's been on a diet since the video.)

    Someone needs to scoop up the Silver Gem!
    She is super cute! And yes, could totally be his sister.



    Quote Originally Posted by ellebeaux View Post
    What exactly is meant by 'playful' and 'test the rider'?
    He'll toss his head, get a little strong, and see which one of you is actually in control. Nothing bad or dangerous, but enough to intimidate a nervous or inexperienced rider: Can I bulge my shoulders out? No? - Can I go talk to those horses? No? - Do I really have to canter on this lead? Yes? - Can I wiggle across the diagonal? No? - Okay then, let's rock!

    Once you're past it, he's very good, but when doing something "fun" (like jumping) he might still need the occasional reminder. He is, for all intents and purposes, still pretty green, but not hot or spooky. He just needs his own person to put him in a program.
    Member of the Standardbreds with Saddles Clique!
    They're not just for racing!
    nowthatsatrot.blogspot.com


    1 members found this post helpful.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct. 28, 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    Ooooh, I can handle all that. I just don't want one that does the little bucks after jumping, even though I think it's cute !


    1 members found this post helpful.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul. 25, 2012
    Posts
    237

    Default

    He's a pot of gold on those bloodlines alone! He's eligible for foundation registry! Especially with the Wimpy only one gen off his papers! Poco Bueno is very nice too I'm jealous. Nicely bred horse.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct. 28, 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    OH! Maybe that's why I like him so much. We used to use a Wimpy stallion to teach the vet students how to collect at OSU. Awesome horse.

    I was not thinking about getting a horse at all, but I have not stopped thinking and scheming since I saw this thread...


    1 members found this post helpful.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan. 10, 2013
    Posts
    256

    Default

    LOVE quarter horses. My last partner was an amazing paint/quarter horse. He could jump the moon, great personality, laid back, lots of energy, etc.

    I'm in So Cal, but it sounds like they want to adopt him locally? PM me if they're open to a distance adoption...




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blame_the_champagne View Post
    LOVE quarter horses. My last partner was an amazing paint/quarter horse. He could jump the moon, great personality, laid back, lots of energy, etc.

    I'm in So Cal, but it sounds like they want to adopt him locally? PM me if they're open to a distance adoption...

    Just a heads up that this thread was started August 2012 and it looks like he is no longer available on their site...



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep. 14, 2005
    Location
    central NJ
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    Just a heads up that this thread was started August 2012 and it looks like he is no longer available on their site...
    You are correct. Gem found his own little girl not long after the original posting, and they are doing great together.
    Member of the Standardbreds with Saddles Clique!
    They're not just for racing!
    nowthatsatrot.blogspot.com



Similar Threads

  1. Ceiling fans versus box fans
    By password in forum Around The Farm
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jul. 9, 2012, 09:31 AM
  2. For ASH fans
    By ASHF in forum Off Course
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb. 14, 2012, 09:44 PM
  3. A bit of fun for Dr. Who fans :)
    By DeeThbd in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov. 12, 2011, 05:39 PM
  4. fans
    By b3 in forum Around The Farm
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul. 5, 2011, 05:48 PM
  5. Attention T3D and P3D fans (and prospective fans)
    By CookiePony in forum Eventing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Apr. 16, 2010, 01:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •