The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default '92 Registered chestnut morning gelding "Cas's Pierce Arrow"

I have been searching for my morgan gelding for several years now, but as he is now a senior my search is becoming more desperate. I bought him as a yearling in 1993. I trained him, first to ride him, and he was a typical high strung, full of energy, but gentle morgan. When I was 14 my parents went through a divorce and my dad ended up giving my horse to the woman he was having an affair with. I visited him often, was the only person to ride him and my dad allowed me to continue to care for him, he was and still is, registered in my name according to the morgan horse association. I went through some difficult times in high school and one day when I went to visit him at my dads my dad informed me that he had sold him to a stable near me. I contacted them and they told me he had been sold and wouldn't give me the new owner's name.

He has some distinct markings, a perfectly shaped star and thin snip, and sock on his left hind leg, as well as a scar on the sock from a trailer injury. He is called Pierce. Not sure if this name was kept.

The last place he was known to be was New Paltz, NY.

I would love to know where he is and how he is. If he has passed on, it would be nice to know the kind of life he had.

Just want to reply and say thank you to whoever pointed "Arrow's" owner in the direction of this thread that I made. I have found him, and he is not just ok, he has been loved and taken excellent care of since 1999. THANK YOU! Words cannot express how grateful I am!

I will get to visit him in his home next weekend!