The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What a nice video !

Loved it when Carl said (of riding at the Olympics): "Same stuff, different arena."
    -Amor vincit omnia-

don't want to sleep with Carl (I *am* married after all) I want to be his working student and BFF. In the evening after the chores are over, we'll all sit around drinking wine (or spritzers in his case) and share a lot of laughs as our dogs play at our feet. It will be wonderful. LOL, that's *my* daydream
    Didn't need rose-colored glasses for that. Who the flip cares about a rider's sexual orientation. Geez, Louise.)

yeah, really .

I'm with you both on that

Quote Originally Posted by Meshach View Post
    I don't want to sleep with Carl (I *am* married after all) I want to be his working student and BFF. In the evening after the chores are over, we'll all sit around drinking wine (or spritzers in his case) and share a lot of laughs as our dogs play at our feet. It will be wonderful. LOL, that's *my* daydream.
    After a rough morning (almost lost a finger, pretty sure I sprained my groin, and still have three more to ride ) this comment made me LMAO!!!!!

Meshach, this is my new dream as well.

"Pat the horse; kick yourself" - Carl Hester

Lucky Carl: found appealing by all.

PS. The horse's name is Valegro not Dujardin.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

This is a really nice video. The horse is calm and the rider is relaxed. I definitely swooned at Carl kissing his dog because o fthe look on the dog's face. I don't care what side he's batting for, what a cute moment. I love Carl and very much respect his riding, and I've really come to respect him more for producing the horse/rider combo that is Charlotte/Valegro.
    \
    My 2 cents.
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Not surprised by the snaffle. However I very much enjoyed the video and the emphasis on happy horses doing their job without force. A good goal for any rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon13 View Post
    Then guys can also swoon over Carl kissing a puppy!
    And you never know, Carl might swoon over some women ... in the same way Ellen swoons over hot men on "Hunk Week."

Quote Originally Posted by equinedriver View Post
    Makes you feel good about that gold medal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9sqM...ature=youtu.be
    That video shows up as "Private. Sorry about that." for me....

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    PS. The horse's name is Valegro not Dujardin.
    Thank you - I'm suprised it took until the 2nd page for someone to notice this!

And yes, like several have commented already - I think all experienced riders know that some of their horses go well in a snaffle too. There are no good ol' days, there have always been, and will always be good riders and not-so-good riders, gentle riders and harsh riders. And horses who go well in snaffles, and others who go better in the double.

I happen to think Charlotte and Carl are lovely riders. I also think Edward Gal is an incredible rider. Thank goodness we have such skilled examples to aspire to and learn from!

Quote Originally Posted by MysticOakRanch View Post
    Thank you - I'm suprised it took until the 2nd page for someone to notice this!

And yes, like several have commented already - I think all experienced riders know that some of their horses go well in a snaffle too. There are no good ol' days, there have always been, and will always be good riders and not-so-good riders, gentle riders and harsh riders. And horses who go well in snaffles, and others who go better in the double.

I happen to think Charlotte and Carl are lovely riders. I also think Edward Gal is an incredible rider. Thank goodness we have such skilled examples to aspire to and learn from!
    Sorry - just couldn't be bothered earlier on. OP is a Totalis lover. Not a Peter Kittle fan though.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Quote Originally Posted by Meshach View Post
    I don't want to sleep with Carl (I *am* married after all) I want to be his working student and BFF. In the evening after the chores are over, we'll all sit around drinking wine (or spritzers in his case) and share a lot of laughs as our dogs play at our feet. It will be wonderful. LOL, that's *my* daydream.
    bwaaahahaha! I am totally on the same page, maybe some appletinis, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    Sorry - just couldn't be bothered earlier on. OP is a Totalis lover. Not a Peter Kittle fan though.
    you mean TOTILAS, and PATRIK KittEL?

cadence, you may have missed a rather amusing thread on the Dressage forum... do a search for Totalis.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

No! it says the video is private - anyone have any ideas where else I might be able to watch it?
    “They were not sitting backwards on their horses,” he said with a sly smile. “But they had no dressage preparation..." - Bert de Nemethy

Try Horse and Country TV, there are two series containing Charlotte and Valegro: At home with Carl Hester and Carl and Charlotte: Dressage Superstars.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

Quote Originally Posted by cadance View Post
    you mean TOTILAS, and PATRIK KittEL?
    I typed what the OP wrote.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._