The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default USDF Score Check--Am I missing something?

I am a participating member of USDF, and my horse is lifetime registered.

Do I really have to pay $20 just to check our own scores and verify that they were recorded correctly? Seriously?

I can understand having to pay to check scores on, let's say, a horse I'm considering buying. But I just want to verify that MY scores on MY horse are correct.

Am I reading this wrong or missing something?

If you are a current member, you must log in first to get the free current year's score check.

Otherwise, it defaults to the pay version.

Oh, thanks yaya! I was logged in, but you still helped me realize the problem. I didn't notice the separate categories for current year and lifetime, so I was clicking on lifetime.

Got it now! Man, if I could just read for comprehension . . . .

centerlinescores.com

You don't have to pay anything.

Clwp, I wanted to make sure my scores were properly recorded with USDF for regionals. Centerline is great, but I needed the USDF info.

Isn't it just plain ridiculous that we have to pay money for the Lifetime scores? Really what a rip off. If all the results were centralized and horses had one number for life in all disciplines - the computer program would be very simple and the members would have access to complete information. It's not something that members should have purchase.

I also feel all horses with Lifetime #'s should AUTOMATICALLY be nominated for the All Breed Awards every year. As a breeder I spend a bloody fortune on lifetime #'s for the horses I breed and then have to prod and remind owners of the ones I've sold to nominate them. It's a simple computer program to just have all horses with Lifetime #'s dropped into the All Breed Award every year.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Default but some aren't papered

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    I also feel all horses with Lifetime #'s should AUTOMATICALLY be nominated for the All Breed Awards every year. As a breeder I spend a bloody fortune on lifetime #'s for the horses I breed and then have to prod and remind owners of the ones I've sold to nominate them. It's a simple computer program to just have all horses with Lifetime #'s dropped into the All Breed Award every year.

How can you automatically nominate a horse for a program that requires breed registry papers if a large number of the horses who get Lifetime Registrations aren't of a registered breed or of a breed that is part of the All-Breeds program?

Oreo has no papers, so I couldn't expect him to be nominated to a program that requires registration. Or horses who may have papers from more than one registry? (or heck a Friesian... I think there are 8 Friesian registries with the All-Breeds program last time I looked)

As the breeder when you register your horses with their lifetime numbers you could send in their breed papers and the nomination form and then you wouldn't have to hound their new owners? Since it is a one time thing that would take care of the problem. (I know it isn't called nominating but the correct word isn't coming to me).

ok... time to head to work!

Bye bye!

Horses with lifetime recordings are lifetime nominated - I don't go in and nominate mine every year, and we still get awards. If the horse changes owners, then yes, the new owner has to update everything, but otherwise, once the owner makes a "breed election", then that is where the horse stays.

The only exceptions I can think of - some REGISTRIES (not the USDF) require the owner/rider be an active, paid member of the registry, and some REGISTRIES (not the USDF) require an additional fee. That is not a USDF requirement, it is a registy requirement.

OP, glad you figured out the score check is free. One warning I give people - after they've finalized results for the year, USDF wipes out current year results, so if you want to save those results, you need to print it out and keep a hard copy (or pay $20 later on).

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglerug View Post
    Clwp, I wanted to make sure my scores were properly recorded with USDF for regionals. Centerline is great, but I needed the USDF info.
    Just as info... Unless you've corrected something after the fact with USDF, if its incorrect on CenterlineScores.com, it's incorrect on USDF. After over 100 instances where folks have contacted me saying that CenterlineScores has incorrect information, it can always be traced back to the same incorrect information on USDF.org.

So, we can be a quick sanity check sometimes. Also, if you've got a copy of the test, we'll fix incorrect scores older than a year. USDF will not.

Also, if you've got a copy of the test, we'll fix incorrect scores older than a year. USDF will not.
    yikes
    "When you think you don't need a coach ...then you're in trouble" Don Imus 2012

@CenterlineScores- I have a love/hate relationship with your website! But feel like I should thank you for it anyway,

Quote Originally Posted by WasthatC View Post
    @CenterlineScores- I have a love/hate relationship with your website! But feel like I should thank you for it anyway,
    I'm curious why the "hate" part? I really like the site a lot despite seeing that I really did get a 47.8 once.

I too love the site. It is so much easier than USDF, and I can see so much more without paying for it. Very helpful when horse shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by WasthatC View Post
    What up @WasThatC ? Tell me bout the hate.

Quote Originally Posted by CenterlineScores View Post
    I can't speak of WasThatC, but my one and only hate with the site is that I have to see the scores of some tests I would like to forget

Quote Originally Posted by CenterlineScores View Post
    You really had to publish that lowest score?
    Maybe you could have a new rule for my USDF #...only post scores from good rides and generous judges. Heehee.