The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up Well Done London!

London 2012 is now over, and I think the Brits did a GREAT job- and should be thanked and congratulated.

Well Done!

One of the highlights for me was seeing the Brits do so well in equestrian sports - I was cheering for them! Wonderful horses, beautifully ridden.

I second! These games have been the most enjoyable olympics that I can remember.
    Proud member of the Clean Horse, Dirty House Clique! Founder of the Goodbye Fat, Hello Muscle Clique!

Just watched the closing PARTY. The Who closed. Eric Idle sang Always look on the bright side of life!
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

arh thanks i think we did brill and everyone enjoyed it now the para olympics next lets hope we do the same for those to sure we will
    brilliant and throughly enjoyed every blooming minute lol my dad would have been pleased as the royal opera house ballet even did a bit ( he built sydney opera house stages and was a stage tecnician in the royal opera house )

lovely

Yes, great job!

I enjoyed every minute of those perfectly organized, and perfectly executed, Olympic games. Thank you, indeed, London, for giving us two weeks to remember.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    I enjoyed every minute of those perfectly organized, and perfectly executed, Olympic games. Thank you, indeed, London, for giving us two weeks to remember.
    I agree Louise. They did a terrific job.

And I thought Roger Daltry STILL looked and sang great!

I didn't think I'd watch as much as I did - or care as much for as many broad events - however ultimately it was all worth watching because it was so well done. Congrats to England!

They set the bar rather high for future Olympic host nations. Even the weather gods appeared to have tossed the Brits a bone with much better conditions than is typical there.

Friends of mine went to the games and thoroughly enjoyed the events they attended. A snafu sure with the empty seats at first with the dignitaries, et al, not using the allotted prime seats. However I cannot recall any particular problems with the games themselves.

The continual presence of the Royal family I thought added a huge boost to not only Team GB but also other nations as well. They thought it was important enough to be there and not just sitting on their hands or giving a dry golf clap but rather bringing true enthusiasm.

Default BRAVO ~ on a job well done !!!

Top notch in every respect !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

It was wonderful! I had to watch from the wrong side of the Atlantic, but as someone who is half Brit I am tremendously proud. Sorry to see it end.

Thumbs up Agreed!

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    London 2012 is now over, and I think the Brits did a GREAT job- and should be thanked and congratulated.

Well Done!

One of the highlights for me was seeing the Brits do so well in equestrian sports - I was cheering for them! Wonderful horses, beautifully ridden.
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

A tear came to my eye during the closing party. Wow!
    Proud member of the Clean Horse, Dirty House Clique! Founder of the Goodbye Fat, Hello Muscle Clique!

Well done! It has been a fabulous two weeks! Thank you!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

I enjoyed the Games a lot. Watched as much as I could. Actually, the tv was on all day long, I just kept switching channels to see what events were shown where. And, when at home, I also had the laptop streaming!!

I have never been to London (usually stay on the other side of the Channel), but I think I' like to go to London now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glimmerglass View Post
    I didn't think I'd watch as much as I did - or care as much for as many broad events - however ultimately it was all worth watching because it was so well done. Congrats to England!

They set the bar rather high for future Olympic host nations. Even the weather gods appeared to have tossed the Brits a bone with much better conditions than is typical there.

Friends of mine went to the games and thoroughly enjoyed the events they attended. A snafu sure with the empty seats at first with the dignitaries, et al, not using the allotted prime seats. However I cannot recall any particular problems with the games themselves.

The continual presence of the Royal family I thought added a huge boost to not only Team GB but also other nations as well. They thought it was important enough to be there and not just sitting on their hands or giving a dry golf clap but rather bringing true enthusiasm.
    I agree, it was great to see the Royal Family there and so enthusastic and supportive.

They did set the bar high - and proved the naysayers (coughromneycough)wrong who said they "weren't ready".

I have been to London many times, and it is an incredible city. It is amazing to me that they were able to hold something of this magnitude in the heart of this enormous, busy city.
    I LOVED the images of those famous iconic buildings and the river Thames lit up with the Olympic images. Just lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Glimmerglass View Post
    Congrats to England!
    You just slighted the inhabitants of three countries.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Aside from far too much womens' beach volleyball the Olympics were a ton of fun. I like how they gave certain sports (soccer, basketball, tennis) their own channels for those people who insist on watching every match.

The equestrian disciplines were beautifully portrayed -- What a backdrop the rings had!) . Hopefully new fans have become converts and will follow up by attending GP's and events and dressage shows.
    I have talked Maggie into running for President. She will be running on the Curly Haired Dog ticket. Her campaign slogan is "Don't be douchy or I'll pee on your carpet".