The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 16 Year Old-Han Gelding-in MD

Hi guys,
    I have a 16 year old imported Hanoverian gelding for who I need to find a new home.

He is 17.2m and is bay. He has been shown through first level dressage at recognized shows. He has also shown in hunters/equitation. Just last month he went to a HITS show in Culpepper with a young rider aboard.

I have been leasing this horse for over a year, but his current rider can take him because she is a college student and can't afford more than paying for half his board.

He is sound, no limitations. He does have some arthritis in his right hock (we found this when I did the pre purchase x-rays 7 years ago). He does get hock injections in the right hock every six months or so, and I give him oral Cosequin ASU. So that's all as far as maintenance.

I should also mention that he does have some spook in him, but in the seven years I have ridden him, I have fallen off him twice, and I am no pro! He wouldn't be suitable for a beginner rider, because of the spook and the fact that he is a big moving horse. He can be on the lazy side, but he peps right up if he sees a jump in front of him. He is a VERY honest jumper...He jumps liverpools, barrels, chairs...anything.

I know I could some $ for this horse, but I would rather place him in a good home where I can rest assured that he will be taken care of. I would prefer he stay in the mid-atlantic, but I will consider letting him go further out for an exceptional home.

PM if you are interested!

Wish I could take on a second, but one is all I can have! Just wanted you to know he is beautiful, someone is gonna get a great horse with this one!

Hey there, I have a kid that would give him a great home and you could call it a forever lease and keep track of him. He sounds wonderful. call me my cell is 2035154102 I may even be able to get you some cash for the deal as well. we really should talk . I am in Va

Ugh if only I was closer! I need an honest jumper for a confidence boost, my horse loves to jump but he's not as brave as he likes to think he is and neither am I!
    Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark.

http://dressagesweethart.blogspot.com

Hi Everyone,
    I have someone coming to look at Romeo this weekend!
    I have had some very nice enquiries and if this falls through I will be contacting more folks.

I'm happy to report that Romeo has found a home.
    He will be heading to Kansas.