The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

I hope that maybe the judges really did reward the more harmonious ride. Need to figure out how to adjust the test or judging so that it is rewarded even more IMHO.

On Parzival: Is his piaffe rewarded highly? He doesnt sit and his butt sometimes bounces higher than his front end.

For lovely, harmonious freestyles I liked the first, fouth and fifth placed riders. Overall, a lot more lovely rides to look at this Olympics. Even Salinero looked more relaxed!

Quote Originally Posted by mp View Post
    Dressage hooliganism. Always a threat.
    The British football hooligans all attended the dressage because it's the only place they can still go without reporting to the local bobbies first.

LOL. I'm picturing a bunch of blond women in buns smashing champagne flutes over each other's heads.

Watching the replay on bbc (can't find the one on ctv) and just watched the Portuguese rider. Loved his ride... and impressed that a male rider would wear a helmet!! Kudos to him!

I have been searching everywhere, I know I have seen it before.. Can anyone provide a link to the freestyle judges positions ,names and nationalities? Thanks in advance.

I am thrilled to pieces for Britain! What a great competition!

for the first time in ages i am really excited about some of the topriders.... and i am thrilled with the results (for the most part) ...

i believe the wins of the ugly hand riding rides are over. because when you think about it.... what dressage is about and what is stated in the rules, is harmony and lightness... not power above all.

so i give 4 starts out of 5 to the judges who should of scored the dutch much lower but did manage to reward rides that deserved it

one thing i think top level competitions, especially the Olympics need is live scoring on our screens.... they do it for other sports why not dressage? it was maddening to not know what scores were being given!

it is so nice to hear an almost audible letting go of collective held breath of the dressage community at large as the harsh riding seems to be loosing traction.....

and a final ps - for the poster that commented on German riding being harsh - there are some German riders who ride harshly - but traditional German system riding is very very far from harsh.... when the Germans ride as their tradition dictates is is beyond beautiful....(see Damon Hills rides, I Klimke, M Theodorescu, et al) especially when German traditional school is mixed with a french influence (ala Theodorescu, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    Watching the replay on bbc (can't find the one on ctv) and just watched the Portuguese rider. Loved his ride... and impressed that a male rider would wear a helmet!! Kudos to him!
    He looked like the most "fun" ride to me, too !

Didn't get to see it, but I assume if a male wears a helmet, he is excused from the dramatic "hat-off" salute and just does a regular salute like the ladies?

I always thought that hat-off salute looked very elegant, but it's an inconsequential thing to give up for more safety. Delighted to see the helmets out there on the big stage!

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    I have been searching everywhere, I know I have seen it before.. Can anyone provide a link to the freestyle judges positions ,names and nationalities? Thanks in advance.
    If anyone knows, please chime in, as I've been looking for this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    Here. You can google for the nationalities.

Judges: K: Tornblad, E: Ernes: H: Roudier, C: Clarke, M: Alonso, B: Eisenhardt, F: Rockwell (FREESTYLE)

Judges: K: Tornblad, E: Ernes: H: Roudier, C: Clarke, M: Alonso, B: Eisenhardt, F: Rockwell (SPECIAL)

Judges: K: Ernes - E: Roudier - H: Tornblad - C: Rockwell - M: Clarke - B: Alonso - F: Eisenhardt (GRAND PRIX)

I was impressed with the booths they had for the dressage judges. Though I wonder how well they would hold up to inclement weather.

Quote Originally Posted by dressagetraks View Post
    Didn't get to see it, but I assume if a male wears a helmet, he is excused from the dramatic "hat-off" salute and just does a regular salute like the ladies?

I always thought that hat-off salute looked very elegant, but it's an inconsequential thing to give up for more safety. Delighted to see the helmets out there on the big stage!
    Even in a top hat men can opt to salute by just dropping one arm and nodding the head.

I have noticed Fuego's rider salutes more conservatively now, so he doesn't cause a huge spook like he did at the end of their WEG freestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Roheryn View Post
    He looked like the most "fun" ride to me, too !
    Not me. I'd take the "Black Swan" anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by ToN Farm View Post
    Here. You can google for the nationalities.

Judges: K: Tornblad, E: Ernes: H: Roudier, C: Clarke, M: Alonso, B: Eisenhardt, F: Rockwell (FREESTYLE)

Judges: K: Tornblad, E: Ernes: H: Roudier, C: Clarke, M: Alonso, B: Eisenhardt, F: Rockwell (SPECIAL)

Judges: K: Ernes - E: Roudier - H: Tornblad - C: Rockwell - M: Clarke - B: Alonso - F: Eisenhardt (GRAND PRIX)
    Thank you. Confirms what I had guessed, that the judge at E was Dutch. They were the only one of the seven to score Adelinde's ride over Charlotte.

Are you speaking of the Freestyle? I don't see the individual judge marks for the Freestyle. Adelinde was overall scored higher on Artistic.

I got my data from EuroDressage:
    http://www.eurodressage.com/equestri...-olympic-games

Ifyou go to the London 2012 site and click the plus sign for each rider (under the results tab), it gives their overall score and rank by judge. Wish they broke it into artistic and technical by judge, but they do give an overall technical and artistic, and Charlotte's overall artistic score was higher. I think that's a typo on EuroDressage, because the math doesn't work.

http://www.london2012.com/equestrian...c=results.html

Quote Originally Posted by ToN Farm View Post
    Are you speaking of the Freestyle? I don't see the individual judge marks for the Freestyle. Adelinde was overall scored higher on Artistic.

I got my data from EuroDressage:
    http://www.eurodressage.com/equestri...-olympic-games
    They had the individual judge marks for each ride on the London2012.com site, but it didn't separate technical/artistic (just the average, it appeared, for each judge). That's what I was going by.

Am I the only one who saw the blue tongue in that close-up of Parzival? That is deserving of a silver medal? Makes me mad and sad all at the same time.

On the comment about Germans not being soft I am going to have to vehemently disagree, with all due respect. Aggressive? Yes. Is that a bad thing? Well... no, not in my experience. My trainer has lived here in the US for almost 3 years now but grew up training and showing in Germany. Her philosophy and the philosophy she was taught in Germany is: 80% seat, 15% leg and 5% hanbds. By aggression, I mean, she asks for 150% of both horse and rider (with in reason) but rewards 200%. She INSPIRES me, Frodo is responding well and is very happy in his work and we are progressing.

I digress. I really enjoyed the rides of the Germans, Americans and British, among others, I think Charlotte deserved that gold. Her tears of joy blew me away but also her love and gratitude for Valego.

I think Steffen thanked Ravel. I love Steffen's soft expression when he interacted with Ravel.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook