The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hunter Pace/Chase in S Jersey, SE PA, MD, or DE this fall 2012?

Does anyone have dates for this fall's hunter paces or chases in south Jersey, southeastern PA, MD or DE for this fall? Or where I can go to look?

Thanks so much!

Default site used to be more up-to-date

but it appears Mose hasn't been keeping it current. There is an excel spreadsheet that has some fall chases on it.

http://mercury.ccil.org/~Mose/

Thanks for the suggestions! Most are too far north for me as I'm 30 min from the Del Mem or Comm Barry Bridges in south Jersey. I'm hoping Mose's site gets back up, and that a lot of people just haven't published their dates yet.

The only date I could find in this area is Radnor Hunt on 11/11/12, but I'll be asking again in Sept!

In South Jersey try Amwell Valley Hunt. They hold a series of PCs and I think they still do. The Sun of Fair Hill 3* weekend Cheshire PC usually organizes a fall chase leaving from near Unionville, PA.

http://cheshire.ponyclub.org/html/fall_chase.html

And you might want to consider subscribing to an equine mag like - http://www.pennsylvaniaequestrian.com/index.php they list a calendar of events.

The Amwell Hunt is about 1 hr 50 min from me, above Princeton, so doable if it is a good pace!

I just emailed the Cheshire Pony Club, but as of now they just have the flyer for last fall's chase online.

I looked up the PA Equestrian online, and didn't see a calendar, just a few events listed under resources. Does it have a calendar like Horsedelval?

Thanks so much!

look at the late pages in the most current issue of PA Equestrian for calendar (mid to late 40s i think). Or send a few $$$ to Steph Lawson and get a subscription. I think many years ago I got a lifetime subscription for about $10.

The Cheshire PC Pace is always held Sun of FH 3* (raindate the following Sun, I think). I think it almost always leaves from Brooklawn. They don't usually update the site until it get closer.

I think we established over in the hunter/jumper forum that Radnor Hunt Pony Club holds a nice NON-grueling Paper Chase in November (the 11th this year) and gives out big carrots at the end of the course.