The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thank you London!!!!!!

Thank you for creating such an amazing facility in Greenwhich Park!!!! The horses seem happy and relaxed, and the grounds were absolutly phenominal!!

I'm so thrilled that Great Brittain finished strong and claimed the gold & bronze medals in the dressage freestyle tonight, along with their gold medal for team show jumping earlier in the week.

Great Britain brought a lovely team of horseflesh and riders that peaked at the pinnacle moment. Well done to all!!!!!

They really did a wonderful job! The venue was beautiful!!! Everything looked perfect! So glad that they claimed so many top medal placings in the Equestrian sports! They really worked hard and deserved it!

Yes I agree really well done and I will miss it which is a first!

Adding my 'tip of the hat' to the UK (because I suspect it required SO MUCH MORE than just London) for a job BEYOND "well" done. "Pardon me, but we'd like to use the front lawn of the White House for Olympic dressage and showjumping" comes to mind. ;-)

Beautiful venue - and such a boon that it was right there in London with all the others.

Carol
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

Default London 2012

I also would like to give a big Thank You to NBC. I watched some oustanding equestrian video throughout the games. A big thank you too to all the non-medal riders too, there were some extremely good rounds in both the eventing, showjumping and dressage. Enjoyed these Olympics more than any other!!!

I will add my kudos as well! The venue was absolutely gorgeous. I can't think of a location more befitting of the elegance and beauty we saw in the riding during this Olympics. As much as I love team USA I will admit that I was rooting for the Brits this time around. I just have so much respect for both Carl and Charlotte I couldn't help but want them to do well! I wasn't very familiar with Laura Bechtolsheimer but I though she and her horse were so lovely as well (I'm a total sucker for a chestnut w/ lots of chrome ).

Yes, they produced an outstanding event in every way. I am so pleased that the Brits enjoyed probably their greatest equestrian success ever in Olympic Games on their home turf, well done.