The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Can anyone look up an Arabian pedigree for me?

Her name is Amber Silhouette born in 1988 or 89. I did not get her papers when I bought her so I'm not even positive that she's registered but I have found that name in the AHA database in the past. Is there any way to positively identify a horse without the original papers? I recall the horse in the database was a chestnut so I kind of dismissed it because she's a gray. But now I'm wondering if she could have been registered before she grew in her gray coat. It's not terribly important but I am very curious about where she came from. Plus I want to know her pedigree so that if I ever get an Arab again, I'll know what to look for. She is positively exceptional

I added her to all breed for you:

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/amber+silhouette

But that's not your mare, if yours is grey. The sire is chestnut and the dam is bay. The closest grey you have in that pedigree are Salon and El Hilal in the third.

Here is what I found on Data Source.. It shows she was exported and born in 1988. Hope this helps...

23 Mar 1988
    Color Chestnut
    Gender Mare
    Sire MUSCIN
    AHR*264869 Chestnut 1982
    Dam KHALA COLLECTION
    AHR*240799 Bay 1981
    Dam's Sire NV COLLECTOR
    AHR*131866 Chestnut 1975
    Status EXPORTED
    "I'm a loner, and a loner's got to be alone." Geiko

The horse listed by that name is a chestnut mare
    Markings as follows:

SNIP, STRIP, STAR, UPPER LIP, LEFT FORE HOOF DARK, LEFT HIND HOOF DARK, RIGHT FORE HOOF DARK, RIGHT HIND HOOF DARK

by Muscin ex Khala Collection, he by Muscat ex Dominatta, she by NV Collector ex Khala Laila.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

Thanks so much. I do remember now realizing that she would have had to have a gray parent. That must be why I dismissed that horse before. Its frustrating not being able to find any info about her. I wish I had been more knowledgeable when I got her so that I could have figured everything out then. Now I have no idea who she is and it seems like there's no way to ever figure it out. *sigh*

Yeah and she just has a small star, snip and RH sock. Back to square one again.

There is a grey mare by the name of Siloutte, foaled 1988 in the AHA database.
    Last recorded owner CWTW Ranch, in Colorado.

SNIP, STRIP, STAR, LEFT FORE LEG, LEFT HIND LEG, RIGHT FORE LEG, RIGHT HIND LEG, LEFT FORE HOOF LIGHT, LEFT HIND HOOF LIGHT, RIGHT FORE HOOF LIGHT, RIGHT HIND HOOF LIGHT

WHITE MARK ON BELLY. (right side)
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

She has 3 dark hooves. Only the right hind is light. Her previous owner told me that her name is Amber Silhouette. She is most certainly an Arab. It just seems strange to me that her info matches up with a horse in the database but it is obviously not her. I know its not terribly important but I am disappointed to not be able to figure out her history.

Would searching the previous owners/breeder's name pull up her registered name? Also, is there any chance the person doing the registering misidentified her color...not knowing she would turn grey?

JLR1, I thought that at first. That maybe she just hadn't turned yet. But in order for her to be gray she would have had to have had at least one gray parent, which is not the case on that AHA pedigree.

I would love to find her previous owner but really have no idea how to search. I do not know her married name and have yet to find any info on her.

Could the person you got her gotten her confused with another horse she had--the real Amber Silhouette?

Hmmm. Looks like it's a dead end. Amber Silhouette only has one recorded owner--her breeder, Sharon Ann Cooke. And Sharon Ann Cooke has never owned a grey mare of the right age with a white right hind foot.

Hmm. There is a mare named Sassy Silhouette with the following markings:

SNIP, STRIP, STAR, RIGHT HIND LEG, LEFT FORE HOOF DARK, LEFT HIND HOOF DARK, RIGHT FORE HOOF DARK, RIGHT HIND HOOF PARTI-COLORED

Bred by Sherrie Jorgenson in CA, DOB Jun 11 1986.

Also Babes Silhouette:

SNIP, STRIP, FAINT STAR, UPPER LIP, RIGHT HIND LEG, LEFT FORE HOOF DARK, LEFT HIND HOOF DARK, RIGHT FORE HOOF DARK, RIGHT HIND HOOF PARTI-COLORED

Bred by Janice Stroud or Beverly Harris (Holly, MI), also owned by Jerry Holt (Iron City, TN), DOB Apr 17 1989.

There are some super sleuths at finding out who a horse is on the Arabian Breeders Network------post on there and ask them for help------pls know her true markings, etc.