The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Best place to advertise Anglo-Arab...

I think there was a thread about this a while back, but I could not find it..

What are the best websites on which to advertise a very nice Anglo-arabian dressage horse?? I am no longer a member of AHA, which requires membership to advertise in their classifieds. I have had the horse listed on dream horse for about three weeks and have gotten a couple serious inquiries. I just don't know where else to list this guy to get him seen. Any ideas?

Did you include a picture? Some people filter out ads without pictures.

Arabian Breeders Network has classifieds. Free to sign up.

www.arabianbreeders.net

Also there are some Arab marketing email blast services - like

www.arabianoriginsmarketing.com

Not sure if the magazines like Arabian Horse World have online classifieds but it would be worth a look.

Good luck!

Now that is interesting, I had to go look on Dreamhorse, and using the tags Arab-Anglo and dressage, I get 20 hits,

Only 6 have pics

Only 2 show pics under saddle

Only 1 showing Dressage

If you are the 1, congratulations, if you one of the other 19, well there is a way to get noticed more straight away
    I'm not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

Chall- Yes, I did include one photo (I added it to the ad, but it is not uploaded yet) and have tons more photos and video available to email directly.

oldernewbie- Thanks for the suggestions. I had forgotten about ABN! I am already a member there.

KBC - I added my photo to dreamhorse (had to get a good one!) but it is not uploaded yet. You can view the temporary image...

I also really liked equine.com when I had my arabian gelding for sale- more pictures for the same price.

He is very cute. And if he was in my price range, I would consider looking at him, but I also think that you may want a picture of him undersaddle. Do be aware of his pricing, especially since your ad makes it sound like he is pretty green for his age. For that price, I would downplay green-ness....

Not specifically breed or discipline related, but as a seller, I prefer equine.com to dreamhorse. I did both on the last horse I sold, and it was a far better deal on equine.com with a lot more inquiries than with the dreamhorse ad.

Have you listed him with your local dressage organizations, etc? If he's a nice horse with a show record, I wouldn't limit your buyer potential to Arab people only (I love Anglo arabs, though I would probably never seek one out by shopping on exclusively Arab sites. I'm sure I'm not alone).

Thanks, rememberthenight. I will try equine.com, as well. I did pull some under saddle photos from video this afternoon and will try to add one. I do need to review his ad as he has improved so much since I placed it. He is ready to show training level now. He has been evaluated by two different dressage trainers (both USDF bronze, silver and gold medalists) and both believe he is a steal at that price considering his quality and talent.

yellowbritches - thanks for the suggestion. I didn't even think of my local GMO. He does not have a show record as I have been pouring all my time (and $) into my heart horse. I hope to get him out to a few shows very soon!

He is really really cute, HCF. If it weren't for his cresty neck, I'd be very interested in him. I have to stay away from that type of conformation because of my high quality pasture getting them fat and IR. I think he is a steal at the price, assuming he is a decent mover.

Quote Originally Posted by ToN Farm View Post
    He is really really cute, HCF. If it weren't for his cresty neck, I'd be very interested in him. I have to stay away from that type of conformation because of my high quality pasture getting them fat and IR. I think he is a steal at the price, assuming he is a decent mover.
    Thank you, ToN! He does have a bit of a cresty neck, always has. But, he is currently on a very high quality pasture and in work (3-5 days a week), he is maintaining a good weight. I can see how he might get overly fat if not in work.

Oh my, he IS cute. Might I also suggest Virginia Equestrian - I'm sure both Region 12 and 15 folks troll around on there.

Default Try Dressage Market

If you are looking for a more discipline-specific website, then I would try www.DressageMarket.com. The website is an exclusive dressage website with many horses of all breeds, levels, etc advertised. Good luck!

Don't forget to post fliers at shows and network with your trainers (dressage and Arab Sport Horse) in the area! Facebook and Craigslist are also good options.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

At shows... A friend of mine solder hers at the Scottsdale for five figures just people passing through!
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/

Default membership

I think you are smart to renew your AHS membership and post him on www.Arabianhorses.org it is only $25 for a target audience. Show quality well broke halfbreds are doing very well, don't avoid the obvious market but also put out a quality ad that reflects the quality you are trying to sell...does no good at all to TELL people it is quality you must be prepared to show them. PatO