The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Quote Originally Posted by Lauruffian View Post
    2) KUDOS to Beezie for doing exactly what she should--take that horse over another fence after refusing the other fence twice. Despite being eliminated, she didn't punish her horse--she schooled him. She turned the horse, went over another fence in the arena, and ended the ride on a positive note--as every ride should. Bravo, Beezie!
    I was wondering about that. USed to be the norm, but I thought that a schooling fence after elimination was highly illegal now.
    madeline
    * What you release is what you teach * Don't be distracted by unwanted behavior* Whoever waits the longest is the teacher. Van Hargis

Another vote for Itot. Gotta love the small guys with the huge heart!
    Proud member of the Clean Horse, Dirty House Clique! Founder of the Goodbye Fat, Hello Muscle Clique!

Quote Originally Posted by Lauruffian View Post

And I need to add (echo, really):
    1) Christian Ahlmann was an asshat punishing his horse for his mistakes yesterday. Even if it weren't rider error, there was no way that horse was getting over that second jump, and his refusal was because physics would not allow him to take that jump after the debacle of the first. The horse should not be punished for something it could not help. Kicking, spurring, whipping and otherwise having a temper tantrum was disgraceful. Is it just me, or did it sound like there were groans and gasps of disapproval from the crowd?
    There were very audible gasps indeed.

Liked that horse, Casall, a lot.
    Proud member of the Clean Horse, Dirty House Clique! Founder of the Goodbye Fat, Hello Muscle Clique!

What's up with the NBC coverage? Said it was on from 1:30-2 but they didn't show any Americans? Are they going to show more later?

I'm still watching day 1. Blue Lloyd II was awesome!

Have to agree, rider error by Beezie. Shame though. Lovely scope.

Valentina was super. What power.

Quote Originally Posted by JinxyPoo View Post
    What's up with the NBC coverage? Said it was on from 1:30-2 but they didn't show any Americans? Are they going to show more later?
    Far as I can tell if you sit with NBC on all day long you will be graced with 6-8 rounds every 2-3 hours. I believe they have been using it as filler while they open the roof on the tennis court and prepare for other main sports feeds, like water polo .

Count on a commercial every two rounds. Yes. Two. Moves slower than a day outside the short stirrup ring.

Although I will say the camerawork is excellent and watching on the wide screen TV with no buffering and full picture quality is just such a treat.
    We don't have to agree on anything to be kind to one another
    EHJ | FB | #140 | watch | #insta