The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Olympic dressage horse spin-off: who would you like to ride and why?

Of all the olympic dressage horses, if you could get a 5 minute ride on any one of them which would it be and why?

I think I'd love to ride Fuego. He looks like such a happy horse who is animated, fluid and loves to work for his rider.

(assuming I'd have enough skill for Fuego not to get annoyed at having me in the irons)

Fuego for sure, I love that big boy! Also Wizard. Saw him at WDM and he's a really cool horse, looks like a blast

I think I'd like to ride Uthopia. He looks calm and easy to ride. I loved his extended walk and how easily he relaxed after his test and when the officials checked the bits.

Second, I'd like to ride Ravel. He exudes a "been there done that" ease and I love love love love love Contango from the minute his hooves stepped on our shores.
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Valegro or Ravel! I can only imagine how much power those boys have in their hind end...
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Default Diva Royal!

I've only watched day 1 so far, but out of that group absolutely Diva Royal! I love mares and I love her huge ears! The BBC commentators said this is the mare's first year at grand prix. Also, Dorothee Schneider only took over the ride from her student (owner of horse) in December. And, this was her first championship show ever. The mare was spectacular. In that giant intimidating arena she was focused and listening - without an ear bonnet And she walked out at the end of the test loose rein, completely relaxed and looking like she was having fun.

A cute picture of them coming out of the ring. Love her face
    http://www.discoverhorses.com/events...sage-dorothea/

Twisted, you are RIGHT - she is adorable! And she looks HAPPY. Lately that figures high in my enjoyment of horse sports... if the horse looks like it's having a good time, then I do, too,

I think Fuego or Ravel might take okay care of this pretty clueless-in-dressage rider, LOL. I love Ravel's ears, too, and he was supple and RELAXED. God bless America.

I'd have to pick Fuego, because he's hot stuff and he knows it, haha.

In my dreams? Damon Hill, Desperados.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted River View Post
    I've only watched day 1 so far, but out of that group absolutely Diva Royal! I love mares and I love her huge ears! The BBC commentators said this is the mare's first year at grand prix. Also, Dorothee Schneider only took over the ride from her student (owner of horse) in December. And, this was her first championship show ever. The mare was spectacular. In that giant intimidating arena she was focused and listening - without an ear bonnet And she walked out at the end of the test loose rein, completely relaxed and looking like she was having fun.

A cute picture of them coming out of the ring. Love her face
    http://www.discoverhorses.com/events...sage-dorothea/
    Yes! And I love mares, too.

But, in reality, it would have to be Whisper, because her 71 yo rider, who according to one dressage article "only earned a score of 65%" (I should be so lucky at the Olympics) says she takes care of him. I'm 65, and need all the care-taking I can get...
    "And I will be an embarrassment to all
    Who have not found the peace in being free
    to have a horse as a best friend."

I would have to pick Fuego because he's the kind of horse I dreamed of as a kid. A gorgeous gray horse than turns heads everywhere and looks happy to work.

Ravel is a close second with that kind eye and those floppy ears.
    http://thoughtfulequestrian.blogspot.com - My Ventures Into Eventing

Fuego! Love him sooo much. Love the joy that horse takes in his work. I also enjoy riding a horse that knows he's hot s***

Fuego is really incredible and one of a kind, but for some reason Wizard has always really appealed to me. Breaking Dawn too, not sure entirely why.

Fuego wins for me too - looks like it would be impossible not to smile while on is back.

Ravel for sure. I have met him "in person" and he is just a big sweetie. His groom dotes on him and let my 3 year old daughter pet him and feed him carrots.

That horse from Portugal! Looved him!!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse